Status
Not open for further replies.

panamex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Damn right tool is sweet. As for question - just copy-paste it in Google (or write it word-by-word) and you'll get straight answer.

To everyone dropping in and reading complaints - PLEASE DISREGARD THEM. I've downloaded some titles yesterday just to try and reproduce some of the complaints and they were false. There were few issues with the app few days ago but @DanTheMan827 solved them extra fast. I mean, guy is so motivated and produces features like crazy so show some appreciation.

Current version does have a quirk or two - but nothing serious or showstopping. I'm somewhat scared to go into details because it'll probably be blow out of proportion like some other complaints previously on thread.

The reality is - this is THE tool you want, just follow guides (the one on reddit.com/r/WiiUHacks is my fav) and common sense and you'll be golden.

I agree with you 100%.

Almost the entire complaints about this stupendous program is caused by:

-The user, who is not the average user and dont know the basics.

-Fail on following the instructions step by step

-Problems on the SD card, Hard disk drive or the computers with corrupted file system.

It is a honor having such a programmer like Dave, who updates and fixes bugs in matter of hours!!!

We just have to say "thank you" to Dave, and not leaving such negative comments on this thread!!!!

Yes, there will be always bugs, like in any others programs, but are not serious ones.

Be happy guys and happy gaming.

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Request:
1. Being able to select default download folder.
so on download there is no need to choose the same folder when downloading many games.

2. Button to scan default folder for games and have a column for current downloaded games on HD.

3. Check boxes for showing rednand titles, non downloadable titles and regular titles.
by default uncheck rednand and non-downloadables, so people quit saying that they cant install red files or download files.
or even a 4th button just for DLC. (added after looking at game list)

4. Multi select files, without having to hold CTL key.
Ability to select a title and have it highlight and click it again to de select.
When using control key, sometimes I let go or mouse clicks accidentally and I lose the entire selection.

Code:
removed picture

Ok, so a 1 minute Photoshop doesn't do it justice. LOL
maybe even a settings menu where they can be configured.

I agree this tool is sweet.
if possible I would also love to have the possibility of selecting the naming convention for the folders. I love having the title ID in the name and to split the games/update/dlc.
i.e.
--| Folder
----|Games
-------| name [title id]
----|Updates
-------| name [title id] [Version]
----|DLC
-------| name [title id] [Version]

and the (missing) one would be to have an option to test an already downloaded folder for checksum error.

thanks anyway for the great app :)

Cheers,
R

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks @DanTheMan827 for the new updates now I presume you can now install eshop games also DLC in Rednand and everything in the list that is red is for Rednand only? just checking before I go installing eshop games. Also do you know can you install eshop games to Rednand even if your nands are still linked? I know you can with DLC but I was not sure with eshop titles.

Last edited by Reecey,

Rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I am updating a game on my Wii U it gives me "the data is corrupted", this happens only on certain games. Why?

0nther0ck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great! i just see (all!) the updates thanks DanTheMan.

An idea (a dream): It is possible that your tool look at Gametdb for display the cover for each game?

Last edited by 0nther0ck,

helladamnleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So given the fact we can do this, how far away are we from doing it all Wii U side? I'm RedNAND'd so now my SD card isn't big enough for the larger games.

WiiFoundLove

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
So I've downloaded DKCR Tropical Freeze and now I'm trying to install it to redNAND. The game size is ~11GB, wupinstaller says 2703.8 MiB. Than it runs to 150% ~4000 MiB and than it restart the installation. Is this normal!?

dozvgkka69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've downloaded DKCR Tropical Freeze and now I'm trying to install it to redNAND. The game size is ~11GB, wupinstaller says 2703.8 MiB. Than it runs to 150% ~4000 MiB and than it restart the installation. Is this normal!?

Nope that is not normal. You have corrupted download.

Before copying to SD card check folder size. If folder size is different than size displayed in uTikDownloadHelper - check your internet connection and re-download.
Donkey Kong is 11Gb and if you only have 2.7GB downloaded something is definitely off.

If you have stable internet connection you'll never run into this problem - but if your connection is dropping there may be some issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

An idea (a dream): It is possible that your tool look at Gametdb for display the cover for each game?

Yeah @DanTheMan827 rocks ;)

I loved covers on wii for wiiflow... but considering this method basically allows you to take physical games and install them as you purchased them from eShop - with icon and all - I don't see value in covers.
Showing cover in uTikDownloadHelper would not be attractive to me (no added true value)... just my subjective $0.02 ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree with you 100%.

Almost the entire complaints about this stupendous program is caused by:

-The user, who is not the average user and dont know the basics.

-Fail on following the instructions step by step

-Problems on the SD card, Hard disk drive or the computers with corrupted file system.

It is a honor having such a programmer like Dave, who updates and fixes bugs in matter of hours!!!

We just have to say "thank you" to Dave, and not leaving such negative comments on this thread!!!!

Yes, there will be always bugs, like in any others programs, but are not serious ones.

Be happy guys and happy gaming.

Amen brother ;)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The installer does that sometimes - depending on which one you use. If using the folder mod, it works fine. if using the wup installer mod, then it will do this. should install fine. just test afterwards.

the problem is the folder size vs the file size. the folder mod reads it and calculates it correctly. the wup installer mod does not and only goes by the file.

N3wbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just downloaded the lastest version of UTik.. im Using the Brezilian method.. i dont use custom firmware.. aka rednand ect.
now with the program i can download eshop games without the title.tik.. (Red Title)
game was already modified .tik? do i can install to my console? without a custom firmware ?
i suppose dlc working only in rednand or custom firmware?

Add ticket creation for DLC and eShop games if needed (thanks to cearp for the general ticket patching process)

Last edited by N3wbs,

DanTheMan827

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded the lastest version of UTik.. im Using the Brezilian method.. i dont use custom firmware.. aka rednand ect.
now with the program i can download eshop games without the title.tik.. (Red Title)
game was already modified .tik? do i can install to my console? without a custom firmware ?
i suppose dlc working only in rednand or custom firmware?

Add ticket creation for DLC and eShop games if needed (thanks to cearp for the general ticket patching process)
The games in red require a custom firmware

Everything in black works without anything special

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure whether you knew this Dan but your latest build the dlc wont install in Rednand it errors out the eshop titles will install no issues.
Working fine here. Just tested Mario Kart 8 DLC & Lego Avengers DLC. Both install & play fine on redNAND

2safe4you

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Request:

demo.png
Meeegggggaaaa Idea !
I go one step more...
... if you have a Default Folder where are the downloaded files are in, and you check this Folder with your online List.
Make the row GREEN (the same looking as you selected a row in blue) you donwloaded it and it is "up to date".
Make them RED if you not Downloaded it or there is an update available.

Also nice will be to see different column:

Title ID
DLC
Update (if it is available, write the V1.3, V8.23...)
Name
Region
Size

The same i think on saturday over it.
Some Gamenames say me NOTHING... a Cover will be nice...
Or you create a YouTube Search String from the "Gametitle + WiiU" and you can press this Button to go over html to you tube an check Gamevideo from this Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1