ROM Hack [Release] Villain3ds - Basically freeShop but runs on your PC

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting SHA hash failed for several games. So far, Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers, River City: Rival Showdown, Sushi Striker, and Rodea the Sky Soldier.

Also, some newer games haven't been added yet, such as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

"edit*
Thanks for updating the list! Also, it seems the SHA hash fails were due to downloading multiple games at the same time. They work fine if I do one at a time; to be extra safe, I completely exited and relaunched the app each time.

Last edited by FrankSinatra,
Reactions: tranxuanthang

ChipJockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just tried to download Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It went smoothly, but now game doesn't run at all for some reason, like there's no ticket or something.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried to download Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It went smoothly, but now game doesn't run at all for some reason, like there's no ticket or something.
Is it installed, but can not run from HOME menu? Try this: How to install additional seed for 9.6.0+ titles?.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm getting SHA hash failed for several games. So far, Dillon's Dead-Heat Breakers, River City: Rival Showdown, Sushi Striker, and Rodea the Sky Soldier.

Also, some newer games haven't been added yet, such as Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

"edit*
Thanks for updating the list! Also, it seems the SHA hash fails were due to downloading multiple games at the same time. They work fine if I do one at a time; to be extra safe, I completely exited and relaunched the app each time.
Sorry about forgeting your post :P I did update the database to newest after seeing your post but then I forgot completely about it.
I got SHA hash failed sometimes too, and I only download one title at a time. I'll look into it later.

Damned496

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this awesome program! For some odd reason, Wii USB Helper wasn't working with 3DS DLC and updates.

However, I seem to be running into an issue with availability. For Smash Bros, the latest version should be 1.1.7, yet the only version I can see available is 1.1.6. What can I do to get 1.1.7 and is the Smash DLC all up to date?

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for this awesome program! For some odd reason, Wii USB Helper wasn't working with 3DS DLC and updates.

However, I seem to be running into an issue with availability. For Smash Bros, the latest version should be 1.1.7, yet the only version I can see available is 1.1.6. What can I do to get 1.1.7 and is the Smash DLC all up to date?
I think it should be all up to date, because all the files is downloaded from CDN, just like how you download it from eShop or freeShop.

Damned496

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thank you very much for the quick response.

Second off, I highly doubt Nintendo would name the 1.1.7 update 1.1.6, but according to FBI, there is no mention of a "1.1.7" version. Just the same "Update Ver. 1.1.6" (Although I looked at the patch notes for 1.1.6 on Nintendo's site and they match the "Update Ver. 1.1.6" notes, not the 1.1.7 notes on Nintendo's site).

I honestly find it very bizarre that Nintendo wouldn't label their 1.1.7 update as such, but maybe they got lazy this time. If someone who knows for a fact that they have version 1.1.7 can tell me if the update is indeed still called 1.1.6, then I would appreciate it. It isn't the biggest deal if I'm on version 1.1.6, since it is just amiibo stuff I don't plan on using, but I would prefer being on the most updated version.

I've also decided to wait OP until you add CXI file support to your program, so I can afford to wait for a response to this puzzling situation.

billybiscuits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program hasn't worked for me in a while. I get the message "Oops. Something is wrong An error occured ;-("
Wii U USB Helper is unable to load the 3DS title key site either.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OP, are the CIA files your program generates decrypted?
Not exactly but if you just want to have .cxi files from cias for citra or emulators then it available.
Complete cia decryption (on PC) takes more steps. We needs to remove a few layers of decryption, then we have some fully decrypted .cxi and .cfa files. With these, tmd, and some more files we rebuild it to a fully decrypted cia.
Is DLC decrypting for citra not supported for now? Is is posible?
Even if it can decrypt dlcs and updates, I don't think citra can use dlcs and updates for now (we need to manually inject them to game cias), as far as I know.
This program hasn't worked for me in a while. I get the message "Oops. Something is wrong An error occured ;-("
Wii U USB Helper is unable to load the 3DS title key site either.
Maybe your country or ISP blocked Villain3ds's IP? It is located at VN.

beater0001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not exactly but if you just want to have .cxi files from cias for citra or emulators then it available.
Complete cia decryption (on PC) takes more steps. We needs to remove a few layers of decryption, then we have some fully decrypted .cxi and .cfa files. With these, tmd, and some more files we rebuild it to a fully decrypted cia.

Even if it can decrypt dlcs and updates, I don't think citra can use dlcs and updates for now (we need to manually inject them to game cias), as far as I know.

Maybe your country or ISP blocked Villain3ds's IP? It is located at VN.
I'm new to Citra but after a little research, it seems you can either install the cia update into citra (if it's decrypted), or decrypt both of them, then overwrite the update content into the rom, then rebuild it. Can you use the same method that decrypted the games to decrypt dlcs and updates as well?
As for DLC, Citra Canary got some updates (github(dot)com/citra-emu/citra/pull/3917, I can't post links yet) that supposedly fixed DLC loading, but would need DLC to be redumped with new tools properly. If we're getting DLCs from the eShop directly I guess it's not necessary and decrypting it's enough?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Second off, I highly doubt Nintendo would name the 1.1.7 update 1.1.6, but according to FBI, there is no mention of a "1.1.7" version. Just the same "Update Ver. 1.1.6" (Although I looked at the patch notes for 1.1.6 on Nintendo's site and they match the "Update Ver. 1.1.6" notes, not the 1.1.7 notes on Nintendo's site).

I honestly find it very bizarre that Nintendo wouldn't label their 1.1.7 update as such, but maybe they got lazy this time. If someone who knows for a fact that they have version 1.1.7 can tell me if the update is indeed still called 1.1.6, then I would appreciate it. It isn't the biggest deal if I'm on version 1.1.6, since it is just amiibo stuff I don't plan on using, but I would prefer being on the most updated version.
Without having seen the source code of this program, names are typically a second/third/fourth-hand source (titlekeys site, freeshop "cache", 3dsdb...) which may not necessarily keep up to date with whatever is currently released under a certain titleID (considering the only 100% trustable way to find out a title's title would be to actually download, decrypt, and extract it)

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the error "Could not find the titlekey for the title you're trying to download. Please try deleting enctitlekeys.bin file in your base directory." I've manually input the titlekeys link in the app settings, AND I've downloaded the enctitlekeys.bin file to the root directory. Still doesn't work.

tranxuanthang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting the error "Could not find the titlekey for the title you're trying to download. Please try deleting enctitlekeys.bin file in your base directory." I've manually input the titlekeys link in the app settings, AND I've downloaded the enctitlekeys.bin file to the root directory. Still doesn't work.
Try deleting etkCache.json somewhere in Villain3ds appdata directory I don't remember exactly, then try again. Or I think simply restarting the app will makes this file deleted too.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting etkCache.json somewhere in Villain3ds appdata directory I don't remember exactly, then try again. Or I think simply restarting the app will makes this file deleted too.
Actually, it was downloading a corrupted enctitlekeys.bin, only 25 KB. The one I got from the titlekeys site is nearly 200 KB. But I had it in the wrong folder, though. It's fixed now.

RedMagikarpet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi OP, I want to inform you that DLCs and Updates now return "TMD wrong SHA", base games are fine, any fix? For example adding a console cert like the switch, or it's rip for ever?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Every single game fails the check at the end. Help?

Hi OP, I want to inform you that DLCs and Updates now return "TMD wrong SHA", base games are fine, any fix? For example adding a console cert like the switch, or it's rip for ever?
That's not the problem, funkeycia can still do it.

RedMagikarpet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Every single game fails the check at the end. Help?

That's not the problem, funkeycia can still do it.
I'm pretty sure by now, gonna try funkeycia, but even Wii U USB Helper returns TMD error only with DLCs and Updates, base games are fine in every tool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care