Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
its not a bad game, who was expecting anything else but great time attack/multiplayer? Boggles the mind.

I'm not sure where people are picking up that she is saying it's a bad game. Read the conclusion. Her point is that although it's a not a bad game, it's not worth the full $40 dollars either. What it is, is a minigame that's being retailed for $40, which is a hard proposition. The score reflects this and it's rated as "Okay." My point is people are expecting her to rate it some crazy ass rating like SUPER FREAKING AWESOME...it's not.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jiggah said:
DigitalDeviant said:
its not a bad game, who was expecting anything else but great time attack/multiplayer? Boggles the mind.

I'm not sure where people are picking up that she is saying it's a bad game. Read the conclusion. Her point is that although it's a not a bad game, it's not worth the full $40 dollars either. What it is, is a minigame that's being retailed for $40, which is a hard proposition. The score reflects this and it's rated as "Okay." My point is people are expecting her to rate it some crazy ass rating like SUPER FREAKING AWESOME...it's not.

I made my previous comment because people are knocking the game based on one review.
I've played it and its good. Its up to you if you really want to pay retail for it.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Fuck IGN, dey not the same as dey used to, na mean? Agree with those who call em IGNorant. Honestly don't let a review be the judge of whether or not you buy/play a particular game. I've enjoyed my fair share of games that have gotten not so amazing reviews and I've even played some games that have gotten decent scores but I thought were shit so there ye have it.

jochendude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was thinking of buying this, but it seems not worth it.
Any other good new game i should buy instead ? (already got OOT)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
jochendude said:
I was thinking of buying this, but it seems not worth it.
Any other good new game i should buy instead ? (already got OOT)

Not really. If Americans are thinking their release schedule is looking rather bare, they should check out Europe's.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds

Actually, it was even worse when I checked last time, there were only about 5 games with dates for Europe. At launch I got Pilotwings, SSFIV and Monkey Ball. Bored of all them, no other games interest me and there's nothing with a release date over here I fancy apart from Star Fox in 3 months time so my 3DS is gathering dust at the moment.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh screw it, I'm getting the game regardless. I mean, damn, Barry HEADBUTTS enemies and their heads explode!
smileipb2.png

MDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is the last good game for this month and the next one too, hell, and the next month too (unless you want Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor on August 23), so this game is a must buy for me as the only game with addictive online for 3DS right now, until Mario Kart 3D (dunno about Star Fox).

D

Deleted User

The reviews aren't that bad in general. One of the main factors for a low(er) score seems to be the price point and the content, but not the game itself. So, if you know what to expect, I think you can have a lot of fun with it.

DigitalDeviant said:
It's beyond me why anyone would expect something dramatically different from the Mercenaries modes in other RE games.

QUOTE(Crypto137 @ Jun 29 2011, 03:52 AM) About the lack of characters and stages: there could be a DLC or something like that to fix it.
It seems like at the moment there are no plans for DLC.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
I was really considering buying this game for its graphics, but now I have some doubts...

Can anyone explain what is the gameplay like, as I've never played any RE game ?

I get that you're killing waves of zombies running towards you, but I guess you're also trying to get from one point of map to another ? Is it then a little bit similar to Left For Dead games ?

Are there any puzzles, e.g. you have to find a key somewhere, pull a lever, talk to a hostage, whatever ?

Are there any indoor locations, dungeons, stuff like that - or everything takes place in open air ?

Thanks.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This is nothing like a traditional RE game at all.

It's a time attack type game. You are on a map with set parameters, and you're trying to build up the biggest possible score killing zombies. Once time runs out, the stage is over. No puzzles, no point a to point b, etc. Some maps have little indoor areas, but it's mostly outside. If they still have the prison map in the 3DS Merc's game, that was a very indoors map.

D

Deleted User

@pachura: You're just trying to kill as much enemies as possible in a given amount of time. The time can be extended by collecting bonus items and executing melee attacks. This is just a spin-off and therefor doesn't have much in common with the survival horror of the regular Resident Evil games.

Gametrailers has some gameplay videos if you're interested.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
So it's basically a deathmatch with very weak bots, right ? You run around killing everything that moves as quick as you can ?
Hmmm... doesn't sound that great.

The multiplayer is only coop or does it include player vs. player mode, too ?
Does it allow more than 2 players at the same time ?

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Wintrale said:
The character has taken up much of the screen since RE4, so that's not really a valid complaint. My main concern is the content... No standard Mercenaries mode, no Survival mode and no weapon upgrade system... The number of playable characters and stages being eight each isn't a big concern, but why did they leave those three things out? It would've been a must-have if it had those... The controls are a joke as well - why allow us to move and shoot in a game where every single enemy was designed to capitalise on the fact that you can't? Don't even get me started on their laughable excuses for not including certain characters that should be in it. If Krauser is there, why isn't Leon and Ada? They could've rounded it up to a nice ten playable characters that way - then they could've included a bonus stage set in the Raccoon City Police Department that has Tyrants, Lickers and Zombies instead of the normal enemies and bosses.

I really want this game and I really want to like it... But they made such glaring mistakes with it. I mean, damn, would it have been asking too much to have a Survival Mode or to be able to simly select a character and a stage and play a standard game of The Mercs? I can understand withholding features to leave things to put into a sequel, but I'm not an Apple customer - I don't want to pay for something that only incrementally improves yet still costs the same price every iteration. Even Pokémon doesn't get away with that.

QUOTE(Wintrale @ Jun 29 2011, 10:27 AM) Oh screw it, I'm getting the game regardless. I mean, damn, Barry HEADBUTTS enemies and their heads explode!
smileipb2.png

All of my opinions expressed far more eloquently in these posts. I will probably wait for a price drop before I get it though- it looks worth £15 or so but not the £35+ some places will charge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk