Gaming Rhythm based games

Symbolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I was wondering if you know any other games that are Rhythm based games such as Elite Beat Agents and Ouendan.

I know there was like a drumming like game for the DS if I remember correctly...

DJ Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
There's Guitar Hero: On Tour, but you'll need the guitar grip, which can be purchased separately from deal extreme.

Zanonymous

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'Daigasso! Band Brothers' (original one, not second) is the best rhythm game of all time IMO. I've played the others, and DBB is incredible and superior compared to them. It's Japanese only, and on DS obviously. The menus and initial impressive may feel like it's a bad game but it is not, by all means, and a must-play.
And there's Rhythm tengoku Gold, which I have never played yet. Check that out though.

Symbolic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think thats the game, but do you know any others...cause I'm really addicted to those types...I don't really guitar hero because I'm kinda against it.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
There's Ontamarama, I tried it but couldn't stand it.

I can vouch for the Taiko no Tatsujin games, they're a lot of fun (if a little simple), and the music selection is pretty good (classical, some video game stuff, anime themes and j-pop tracks). Pretty simple to figure out without any Japanese knowledge; there are a couple of things in the menu I don't know the meaning of, but they don't hinder my playing enough that I've bothered to find out what they are.

Someone recommended Looney Tunes Cartoon Conductor to me; I haven't gotten around to trying it, but apparently you conduct classical music using the stylus. Sounds pretty good for a Looney Tunes game.

EDIT: Spelling.

MeTRoD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't try Rhythm Tengoku Gold (or the upcoming American version, Rhythm Heaven) at least once in your life, you will have missed out on something.
I'm totally serious when I say that it's on the top-5 of my "Best of DS"-list.
It's on the top seller lists in Japan right now, and it's from the makers of Wario Ware: Touched, so expect strange things!

If you want to know more, just say the word.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there are 2 nice homebrew rythm games:
videogameshero (somewhat like guitar hero, but touchscreen/button controlled)
amplituDS (amplitude remake for the DS)

Vague Rant said:
Someone recommended Looney Tunes Cartoon Conductor to me; I haven't gotten around to trying it, but apparently you conduct classical music using the stylus. Sounds pretty good for a Looney Tunes game.
the looney tunes music game is somewhat based on the EBA/ouendan engine.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There's Kira Kira Pop Princess, but unless you're a 12 year old girl you probably don't want to be seen playing it in public. Actually a decent game despite the uber-sweet girliness.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
There's Nodame Cantabile too. It's in Japanese, but it's pretty easy to figure out. There are Ouendan-like mechanics with you playing along to abridged/excerpts of classical music.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I"d like to toss out +1's to both Diagasso! Band Brothers and Rhythm Tengoku Gold.

Both are stunning, stunning works of rhythm games. D!BB is, as stated above, a great, albeit lite (but its NOT) looking rhythm game. It looks simple, even sounds simple, but has the greatest depth of any rhythm game out there. Also, you can create your own tracks on it once you beat it. Well, you can from the start, with an extremely gimped editor, but when you get far enough in, you'll unlock a full staff editing section. Truly a marvelous rhythm game.

Rhythm Tengoku Gold. Wow, this is an odd, excruciatingly fun game. Take a rhythm game, give it the love of Wario Ware, and toss in some funky beats, and you have RTG. Its short mini-games done to beats. Screen taps, quick motions with the stylus, etc... all done to on-screen cues (never the same in each level) and to a beat. Then, after a few levels, they'll mash up the last 5 levels into one song, and change back and forth between them... all to one ongoing beat to make a full song. Bizarre and addicting, a VERY original rhythm game that will have you sucked in for hours... w/out realizing it.

Diagasso! Band Brothers Deluxe has also come out (JP only), and its a lot of fun as well, but it doesn't have the simple charm of the first one... so check out the first, then snag Deluxe if you like it!

ps D!BB (the first one) was one i actually imported before i found the wonders of flash carts, and holy hell if i don't regret buying that one for a second. Now i have no idea where the cart is, so i'm thankful for the flash carts heh. But yea, D!BB is great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4