sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Jacobeian,
I didn't start this discussion. Neither i want my opinion be the only one.
If my opinion looks so true that blinds your eyes, then don't kick me for that
smile.gif

If you have other opinion with stronger than simple "But i like wii linux and it's only app i really use in wii" then tell it here.
It's easy to make pure flame saying that i don't understand anything. Much harder to provide real opinion against that homebrew = piracy.
If your opinions will be good enough then Nintendo and Sony will listen you and won't remove "innocent" homebrew with every system update.

btw, I'm also developer of applications for Wii which CAN be used for piracy. But i'm not shouting everywhere that is purely for things you really own and don't claim that i will try everything possible to lock it down like someone. It's always up to the end users.
Doing hacks and make them public are two completely different things. Releasing hacks is just to lure developer's ego, nothing more. No it's not bad at all. Everyone deserve his/her satisfaction from work. But releasing the hack has nothing to do with hack itself.
I'm hacking many devices as well, but i don't feel that i need to release hacks. No it's not so attractive as hacking wii, or other consoles. Neither it's so complicated as hacking consoles. But the main reasons to hack and expose hacks always were and will be the same.

I don't see a problem to download the game and try it. And if it really interesting then buy it (even though i won't use DVD to play it). Do you know any reason why i have to buy the game i will never play except first try? And it's impossible to understand if game really good or not. I buy music i like on CD, i buy movies i like on DVD/BD, i buy games i like on DVD/BD. My original idea to by PS3 was solely because of Final Fantasy XIII. Do i need to tell that i've bought this game as well? And i've bought original release, not re-release which is cheaper. Recently i've bought Gran Tourismo 5 for PS3 special edition. And i regret that i was too late to buy collectors edition even though it's twice expensive than normal edition.
If i like something - i buy it. If i can try it before buy then be sure i will try (like anyone i believe). If you buy clothes, you have opportunity to try it. When you buy electronic device, in most cases you can try (if you are still not sure). Then why you cannot try games before buy?

I don't call myself as pirate even though i'm downloading games. If i wouldn't have a way to try then most games (music, movies) i wouldn't buy. I wouldn't buy something just because of curiosity (what game developers want to do by teasers and advertisements). And only hacks bring money from my pocket to developers.
That's my way.

Now, why don't tell your opinions about how Wii is useful and unique for many functions (except evil game piracy software)?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Way to totally miss the point, doesn't surprise me though.

Again, my point was that this "debate" is useless and already discussed to death. i never said that piracy was "good" or "bad" (seems like you and people who think like you can't stop putting things and people in little cases) and I don't see the point of bringing arguments for either "side" because I simply don't care
rolleyes.gif

Why are you so obsessed by what other people think or do with their own ability ? Are you being hurt by them expressing their opinions if it doesn't go in the same way as yours ? Are you feeling persecuted because you support piracy ? THAT is an interesting debate because it touches to psychology.

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
Why are you so obsessed by what other people think or do with their own ability ? Are you being hurt by them expressing their opinions if it doesn't go in the same way as yours ? Are you feeling persecuted because you support piracy ? THAT is an interesting debate because it touches to psychology.
He needs justification for stealing other people's code and claiming it as his own. Duh.

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Jacobeian,
do you want to talk about me? Yeah that's interesting discussion if you discuss about someone but not you
smile.gif

But this forum is not about me
wink.gif

So, let's talk about homebrew for Wii.
Currently, you didn't tell anything to disapprove my point of view. The only thing you are doing is personal attack to me. For personal expression there is Private Message option. Just press on my nick and choose "Send Message" and you can tell me everything you want about me
smile.gif

No need to pump yourself like soap bubble by posting empty messages and attack me personally.

Or you will explode, haha
smile.gif

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Remfin said:
He needs justification for stealing other people's code and claiming it as his own. Duh.

ok, i'm the worst person in the world. I'm evil stealer and evil pirate. So, what now?
How it's related to homebrew?
Nothing to tell?

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well, seams protectors for "Homebrew for wii is not mostly piracy-ware" have lack of evidence.
And instead of that, they started to make personal attack to me. Hehe.. Very childish logic. "And you.. and you... very bad! (crying...)"
Looks like if they will kill me then Wii apps magically will be auto-converted from piracy-ware to innocent homebrew...

heh.. It's in vain to argue with children. They always have some nonsense answer in their pockets
smile.gif

Remfin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is hardly a personal attack to point out you have no credibility on this issue.

When you make lists like that, or claim what programs are "for", you are speaking for developers. The previous factual incident of you stealing other people's code and claiming it as your own, in direct contradiction to their explicit wishes (both on this forum, and it seems at least one other) means you are either 1.) incapable of interpreting what other developers actually want/are meaning to do, or 2.) you don't actually care. Whichever one it is, other people shouldn't waste their time trying to figure out your particular brand of crazy with the mistaken assumption it has a logical basis.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Jacobeian said:
what you think about piracy vs homebrew has been discussed xxx times by users of every forums on the earth, this is not new and your "argumentation" is nothing but useless common shit.

Come on already. Without those people, that enabled homebrew in the first place, piracy would still be there, but not in the amount of today. You know thats the damn truth. There will always be devs, that dont want to support piracy and there will always be devs, that dont care about piracy and release their shit.

So where is the original source that enables piracy or built the foundation of piracy located? That's right, the source are the devs that enabled homebrew by hacking devices and releasing homebrew SDKs in the first place.

All devs with common sense should have known that and therefore they should refrain from bitching about piracy, pirates and "crappy" piracy apps.

Now let the flaming begin again..

sorgelig

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Remfin said:
It is hardly a personal attack to point out you have no credibility on this issue.

When you make lists like that, or claim what programs are "for", you are speaking for developers. The previous factual incident of you stealing other people's code and claiming it as your own, in direct contradiction to their explicit wishes (both on this forum, and it seems at least one other) means you are either 1.) incapable of interpreting what other developers actually want/are meaning to do, or 2.) you don't actually care. Whichever one it is, other people shouldn't waste their time trying to figure out your particular brand of crazy with the mistaken assumption it has a logical basis.

All i see, is that you incapable to judge at all
smile.gif

I didn't still other's code. If you could have more attention to my person (than you trying to show here) then you could see my answers about so-called "steal". You are not that person to who i need and want explain it personally. So, stop to look like parrot telling other words without understanding matter. If you have nothing to say about homebrew and just keep silent. So you will look more smarter than you are.
After words:
QUOTEIt is hardly a personal attack to point out you have no credibility on this issue.
you start personal attack to me. Are you friend with your mind?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU