Hacking Rumble going nuts with Rumble Pak/3-in-1

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear I saw a thread on either here or the CycloEvo forums, but you try searching for "rumble and "3-in-1" and "homebrew" and see how many results you get. I sifted through a couple pages then gave up, I know how good you guys are at this stuff, I'm sure there's a quick and easy answer.

So when launching games, the 3-in-1 gives a slight rumble, I'm assuming to let you know it's loaded. It does the same with some homebrew, however for other applications, it just wigs out and continues to rumble and you need to pull out the 3-in-1. It's done this for awhile, it's not a specific firmware question, I'm just curious if it's known what makes it do that?

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with the rumble too. When I start any game, the rumble constantly shakes and doesn't stop, I have to pull out the rumble pak. I also tried on a rumble supported game, and I get the same thing. I tried turning on and off the rumble in the settings, but I get the same thing. I'm using the M3 Rumble Pak and the 1.41 firmware. Anyone know of a fix?

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Just disable rumble altogether from the options on the CycloDS menu.
If that doesn't work, which it should, do it manually, download Exploader (plus the Softreset.CEVO) and then disable the rumble on the third screen on Exploader (press R two times).

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Akamai said:
Just disable rumble altogether from the options on the CycloDS menu.
If that doesn't work, which it should, do it manually, download Exploader (plus the Softreset.CEVO) and then disable the rumble on the third screen on Exploader (press R two times).
Disabling the rumble from the options menu doesn't fix the problem. I tried Exploader, but it says a comapitble slot-2 device wasn't found.

Akuma147

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the M3 Rumble. I'm guessing it's not compatible with the CycloDS. Damn it, now I can't find my old slot-2 cover, although I shouldn't have to.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the posts, I talked to one of the mods over at the Cyclo forums and apparently it's corrected in the new firmware. To be honest, I haven't really experienced it since upgrading it. Thanks chuckstudios for the headsup as to why though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: