Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I just started Luminous Arc. The voice acting is kinda irritating. From there I'll try Heroes of Mana next. I don't wanna try Rune Factory since it's not my style.

... and I quit Luminous Arc. I don't know why but I didn't like it. The only Tactical RPG I played was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and I didn't even finish that one. I guess TRPGs aren't my style. I had about 6hrs into it so you can't say I didn't try it out.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had it with Heroes Of Mana. I have played it to Chapter 5 and the last straw was when my homebase / aircraft was being attacked by one enemy. One of my team members just stood and watched on while my aircraft had the anchor knocked in. When I sent one of my other troops over to attack the enemy they decided to take a walk around the entire castle, down the stairs instead of attacking the enemy from the side.

On several occasions my troops have become stuck behind walls and trees, ignored enemy attacks because they were more worried about walking to a location. They walk so slowly that time itself might as well travel backwards (hopefully to a time where Mana didn't exist). Try sending any troops in a straight line and watch them wonder around like they have two left feet. I had very high hopes for this game but unfortunately such great potential has gone to waste. I hereby rename this game ''Heroes of lagg''.
mad.gif

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to admit I find Super Princess Peach more fun than Luminous Arc.

I'm starting to dwell into the casual gamer perspective. I find games boring unless they're fun and short. It started ever since I beat DQ8 on my PS2. I took a long break from gaming since everything was bloody expensive with the Xbox 360 coming out and all. Luckily my DS is still good to me. In my opinion, RPG's on a handheld is a bad idea. They're too time consuming. I think I'll leave RPGs out of my DS.
frown.gif

roguefan99

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I decided to start with Heroes because I have had this as my wallpaper for ages! Luminous Arc is the second in the list but I will probably have a bit of a break between them.

Also partly because Heroes hit me first too!

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have to admit I find Super Princess Peach more fun than Luminous Arc.

I'm starting to dwell into the casual gamer perspective. I find games boring unless they're fun and short. It started ever since I beat DQ8 on my PS2. I took a long break from gaming since everything was bloody expensive with the Xbox 360 coming out and all. Luckily my DS is still good to me. In my opinion, RPG's on a handheld is a bad idea. They're too time consuming. I think I'll leave RPGs out of my DS.Â
frown.gif

I share similar sentiments dude. Portable gaming is all about quick thrills with lots of replay value, whether it be because of tons of non-compulsory missions or due to sheer addictiveness. I couldn't even stand watching DQ8 being played by a friend, let alone pick up the controller and wade through text box after text box. I completed and reviewed the end-2006 RPG trifecta, but I doubt I'll get to doing this lot (unless I'm forced too..) - well maybe Mana because I'm enchanted by its folklore.

I'd actually rather play Jeanne d'Arc or Lost Planet right now. Still awaiting Gyakuten Saiban 3 to consume me. And Heavenly Sword. And how could I forget the 100% 100%-ratings Bioshock!

kikapo_O

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I played Heroes first but it bored me after a while, I don't know why maybe I'll play it later again. Atm I'm playing Lumnious Arc it's okay but the story passage are veeery long but sometimes with nice synchronization. Hmm I don't think, that I'll try Harvest...

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried Rune Factory yet, but Luminous Arc will come before Heroes of Mana. I think because of the big comparison to FFT (PS1) I'm still losing out... but despite that, Luminous doesn't lose out as much so far except for the "eh" stylus control/no screen rotaion (and that I can't get the Japanese voices in the rom
sleep.gif
) I see where people get put off by the character design - it's not their thing, and it definitely adds to the game being "dumbed down" for kids, since especially American culture (in particular) is that way about graphics like that. Why isn't it more "real" looking?
laugh.gif
(Please don't take that seriously.)

Heroes of Mana... the music is beautiful and stands out more than in Luminous Arc, but the gameplay mechanics of summoning monsters like that isn't that much my thing. Also, maybe since I've been on a rampage with FF12 and other such RPGs, the fact that the buttons are pictures instead of words bugged me at first, but I later realized it might just be that the equipment system looks a bit plain and simple... then again, it's still the beginning of the game. I can see myself not getting around to it despite having tried out a few chapters.

Last but not least on the comment, RPGs on handhelds IMO can be good... I guess it just depends game by game. The only thing that has driven me to sit down and play a console RPG is the fact that I just had surgery on my knee, but otherwise I'm typically up and about. I usually have a lot of pick-up-and-go games, but one that I can concentrate on is nice too... so long as I don't forget that I'm playing it
tongue.gif

monopoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been playing mostly Luminous Arc. I find it far better then Heroes of Mana that game has so many problems its insane.

Rune Factory is also quite cool but I want to finish Luminous Arc first.

If anything Luminous Arc is 10x better then Hoshigama so thats nice. It may not beat some PSP SRPG's but its one of the best on the DS.

ambitous21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've jumped ship and played final fantasy chronicles first lol

people that game is awesome, make sure u check it out.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Luminous Arc was too slow for my tastes, Heroes of Mana suddenly became incredibly frustrating as I landed upon chapter 7, dare I try Rune Factory for fear of wasting my time? Where is GS3!!>?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Rune Factory is Very good Torte... I didn't like harvest moon on gba / nds because they didn't have that nice shine I remember from the good old days... but this is something special.... brings harvest moon into a whole new level!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P