I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
If you don't remember, for 4.2 exist a way to update in a safe way without losing risk things: Safe Updater 4.2.
Now that 4.3 is safe to use, a 4.3 version should be created.
Well, the thing that the creator of 4.2 isn't around here for a long time.

Will be awesome if somebody creates a 4.3 version.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Here is the info about the 4.2:

QUOTE said:
This is based off of my offline guide to upgrade any console to v4.2 safely. This is a modification of the Shop Channel and IOS61 Installer by tona. It has been rigorously tested and should not brick anyone, but as usual, use it at your own risk. Source included of course.

It will detect your region, download and install all of the NECESSARY IOSes, your specific system menu, and the shopping channel update from v4.2 It will NOT touch your cIOSes, stub anything, or touch your boot2. It also will NOT trucha sign any of the IOSes it downloads and installs. If you want to pirate, you'll have to go ahead and use DOP-IOS or similar to trucha patch your IOS70 after the upgrade is complete

It is almost completely automated. Answer a question in the beginning, sit back and relax, and wait for the update to be completed. When finished, you'll be on v4.2 with everything functional (no upside down HBC, no "vulnerable IOS not found" errors). This should hopefully eliminate all of the goofy issues people have been having with the upgrade.

luminalace said:
I assume he is talking about Waninkoko's 4.3b Updater!

No, i'm talking about the Safe Updater 4.2 that zektor created when 4.2 was launched.
Is about that someone who can do a 4.3 updater like the 4.2 one, will be awesome.
Waninkoko Updater isn't so good, because patch nearly all IOS.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luminalace said:
if your talkin about me than no i'm talking about waninkoko's updater all together if i remember 4.2 updater started the offline support for updating if i remember and the one this person posted is from another person another dev another installer. the one he has posted is from tona. after checking it it seems to be just a simple updater for the shop channel and a few ios's.
TyRaNtM said:
Here is the info about the 4.2:

QUOTE said:
This is based off of my offline guide to upgrade any console to v4.2 safely. This is a modification of the Shop Channel and IOS61 Installer by tona. It has been rigorously tested and should not brick anyone, but as usual, use it at your own risk. Source included of course.

It will detect your region, download and install all of the NECESSARY IOSes, your specific system menu, and the shopping channel update from v4.2 It will NOT touch your cIOSes, stub anything, or touch your boot2. It also will NOT trucha sign any of the IOSes it downloads and installs. If you want to pirate, you'll have to go ahead and use DOP-IOS or similar to trucha patch your IOS70 after the upgrade is complete

It is almost completely automated. Answer a question in the beginning, sit back and relax, and wait for the update to be completed. When finished, you'll be on v4.2 with everything functional (no upside down HBC, no "vulnerable IOS not found" errors). This should hopefully eliminate all of the goofy issues people have been having with the upgrade.

QUOTE(luminalace @ Aug 15 2010, 08:10 AM)

No, i'm talking about the Safe Updater 4.2 that zektor created when 4.2 was launched.
Is about that someone who can do a 4.3 updater like the 4.2 one, will be awesome.
Waninkoko Updater isn't so good, because patch nearly all IOS.
somtimes thats a good thing. because it makes sure that it doesn't kick out the HBC and bootmii and it's not pulling a darkcrap.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
trigger_ftu said:
luminalace said:
if your talkin about me than no i'm talking about waninkoko's updater all together if i remember 4.2 updater started the offline support for updating if i remember and the one this person posted is from another person another dev another installer. the one he has posted is from tona. after checking it it seems to be just a simple updater for the shop channel and a few ios's.

Basically is that, a modified version of the shop channel installer for install 4.2.
I know that is possible to update with another method, but aren't so easy to install like a simple installer.

trigger_ftu

The FantomPhox
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i'm just saying because it looks and feels like this updater is more for people that with to update offline. or don't have a wifi connection to do so.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
gaojiugao said:
It's no possible to update 4.3. I want to ask why you'r willing to update such a screwed version.

Now it's safe to update, because you can use almost all features that you can have in lower firmwares versions.
Also, has the IOS 58, that now is used for improve to USB 2.0 in some homebrew like HBC and emulators that can be able to use HDD.
(And some people just want to install it, like the 4.2 version).

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
As the guy who did the coding of the Safe 4.2 Updater, I can safely say I won't be doing the same for 4.3. There is absolutely no need to update. The multiple fails of Waninkoko's updater show some of the reasons why not to do it.

As it stands, here's the rule you should follow:

Do NOT update to 4.3, neither via Nintendo's updater method nor any updater apps, and especially NOT Waninkoko's.

Edit: I'll add that you can install IOS58 to fool around with it if you like, but that's easy to do with either Dop-Mii or the IOS58 updater app. Updating the shop without updating the Wii is also quite easy.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who updates to 4.3 for anything other than testing purposes is a fool, there is no reason, no benefit, etc, etc. There are many ways to install the updated ios and channels without installing 4.3. I don't understand how every single wii homebrew website on the planet can tell the world NOT to update to 4.3, but people still want to do it.

It's like screwing the school slut, it may feel good for a few minutes, but you won't like what's growing in your pants in the morrow. Don't touch her, everyone says to stay away for a good reason, its dirty down there.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
lolwat

4.3 won't bite.

+1

I don't see the problem with updating (I understand there maybe no need, tho I did here it brings 3DS support), but I just updated with the Nintendo updater, didn't loose anything, no brick and my system is running the same has it was, actually probably better since all my official IOSes are now up to date and I didnt have to do each one individually. It actually took longer for the Wii to download the update than it did to finish setting it up. As long as you prepare correctly for the Nintendo update it is as good a way as any to update.

Note: The above point is in reference to the risk of losing hacks, not the stability of the Nintendo update, but that stability (or lack of) would effect any and all Nintendo updates not just 4.3

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Dr. Clipper said:
As the guy who did the coding of the Safe 4.2 Updater, I can safely say I won't be doing the same for 4.3. There is absolutely no need to update. The multiple fails of Waninkoko's updater show some of the reasons why not to do it.

As it stands, here's the rule you should follow:

Do NOT update to 4.3, neither via Nintendo's updater method nor any updater apps, and especially NOT Waninkoko's.

Edit: I'll add that you can install IOS58 to fool around with it if you like, but that's easy to do with either Dop-Mii or the IOS58 updater app. Updating the shop without updating the Wii is also quite easy.

Waninkoko's Updater was the same in 4.2 (nearly all IOS with trucha, bugs and a lot of little problems), that's the reason that a lot of people updates with the Safer version.
But, what things 4.3 do that we cannot fix yet? Why don't update if you can do NEARLY ALL things from 4.2 in 4.3? Why don't add the choice to update to 4.3 that now is safer to update (doesn't lose HBC, CIOS works fine, etc..)?
Is the same discussion as not update with 4.2...
Yeah, you can install IOS58 without so much problems, but only install "parts" isn't so good too.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Updating the shop without updating the Wii is also quite easy.
Can you tell me what the problem is with leaving a GC memory card in during the DOP-Mii method? If it was done with one in, can I just remove it and run it again? Although it didn't apear to cause any problems?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
TyRaNtM said:
Waninkoko's Updater was the same in 4.2 (nearly all IOS with trucha, bugs and a lot of little problems), that's the reason that a lot of people updates with the Safer version.
But, what things 4.3 do that we cannot fix yet?

Why don't update if you can do NEARLY ALL things from 4.2 in 4.3? Why don't add the choice to update to 4.3 that now is safer to update (doesn't lose HBC, CIOS works fine, etc..)?
Is the same discussion as not update with 4.2...
Yeah, you can install IOS58 without so much problems, but only install "parts" isn't so good too.
4.2 had benefits. At the time, it was the best way to fix the shop issue. It also apparently improved online play in The Conduit and some minor interface improvements over 4.1. Comparatively, updating to 4.3 gives you absolutely nothing.

The real reason why I coded the Safe 4.2 Updater, though, was that beforehand, the safe way to update to the latest firmware was to use Nintendo's online update. The introduction of the buggy boot2v4 update meant that route was no longer safe. Those that were still on 3.X (like I was) now had no safe way to get the SD card access without one of Waninkoko's crappy updaters, as no released games had updates beyond 3.4. There was a true need for a safe method to upgrade to at least some sort of 4.X IOS, so 4.2 was the one I went with. The Safe 4.2 Updater still works and it is a better firmware to use than the 4.3 one, so there is no need for a new one.

I still recommend that nobody bother updating unless they are really paranoid about having the latest IOS, but if you absolutely must have it, there is one safe method available:
[*]Use Dop-Mii to install boot2v4 if you don't have it yet.[*]Reinstall BootMii as boot2 if you performed the previous step.[*]Ensure you have 1.07 or 1.08 of the HBC.[*]Install IOS236 via TBR.[*]Update via the official Nintendo update.[*]Use IOS236 to reinstall IOS249 and Hermes' IOSes.[*]Enjoy your safely updated 4.3 Wii.
One more time, though. I do NOT recommend following the above procedure unless you simply must have 4.3.

Skizzo said:
QUOTE(Dr. Clipper @ Aug 16 2010, 02:10 AM) Updating the shop without updating the Wii is also quite easy.
Can you tell me what the problem is with leaving a GC memory card in during the DOP-Mii method? If it was done with one in, can I just remove it and run it again? Although it didn't apear to cause any problems?
There is an issue with some apps that use NUS downloading whereby using GCN attachments causes the install process to fail. This is especially the case for Hermes' updater, but I have added warnings to the other apps as I have had users that stated that removing the controllers/memory cards actually fixed issues they were having with the apps. Not everybody sees the problems, and I believe the true issue is with memory cards moreso than controllers (possibly this confuses the SD card access), so if the installs worked OK for you, there is probably no need to redo them, but it is perfectly safe to redo them if you are paranoid.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ok Dr. Clipper, is true that 4.3 doesn't have any benefits except USB 2.0, so installing IOS 58 with a new installer that appeared (or another ways) is the safest way to have the benefits of 4.3 without updating to 4.3?

Well.. if a 4.4 appears and have benefits, try to do a safe updater.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Skizzo said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Updating the shop without updating the Wii is also quite easy.
There is an issue with some apps that use NUS downloading whereby using GCN attachments causes the install process to fail. This is especially the case for Hermes' updater, but I have added warnings to the other apps as I have had users that stated that removing the controllers/memory cards actually fixed issues they were having with the apps. Not everybody sees the problems, and I believe the true issue is with memory cards moreso than controllers (possibly this confuses the SD card access), so if the installs worked OK for you, there is probably no need to redo them, but it is perfectly safe to redo them if you are paranoid.
Appreciate the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia