Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@stranno Hey, are you interested in testing this ini? I'm playing around with some settings, and it seems I was able to improve performance for Burning Rangers, though I havn't tested it extensively so not such of I've broken stuff by adding these additional settings.
ill finish 2 levels and give you a report

Reactions: bm123456

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@celula82 I will test some more games later, will check that.
@xYuunax You mean in portable mode? Because I tried BR with docked OC and it worked flawlessly. Maybe a bit of input lag, but really playable. I will check your config with problematic input-lagging games.

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ill finish 2 levels and give you a report
Thanks, its not perfect performance but It does seem to be improved. (I don't OC, and playing portable mode)

@celula82 I will test some more games later, will check that.
@xYuunax You mean in portable mode? Because I tried BR with docked OC and it worked flawlessly. Maybe a bit of input lag, but really playable. I will check your config with problematic input-lagging games.
Portable Mode yea, I havn't really tried docking it.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, its not perfect performance but It does seem to be improved. (I don't OC, and playing portable mode)

Portable Mode yea, I havn't really tried docking it.
ill play 2 on portable and 1 on dock
i have random sound stutter in dialog sometimes
still playing

Last edited by ZER-O,
Reactions: xYuunax

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ill play 2 on portable and 1 on dock
i have random sound stutter in dialog sometimes
still playing
Maybe try another game that is not as demanding, not sure if we can get perfect performance without OC. Will need to keep playing around with the settings to see if we can optimize it even further.

I'm currently trying Panzer Dragoon Saga, and seems to stutter less now.

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe try another game that is not as demanding, not sure if we can get perfect performance without OC. Will need to keep playing around with the settings to see if we can squeeze more performance.

I'm currently trying Panzer Dragoon Saga, and seems stutter less now.
the FPS Counter is the culprit, it slowed the game down

use NIghts into Dreams as your Benchmark, if it runs smooth, Burning Ranger will too, they are using the same game engine
i forgot to make a save back up and replace settings in it, now i have to redo the training section

the games that have input lag or slowdown can be fixed by over clock to max, anything less then 1581Mhz is goinmg to be slow for games that already have slowdown or input lag

update on Burning Rangers
slow down always occurs when there are lots of fire around you, OC is a must, it removes some of the slowdown, voice dialog will stutter during action or explosions if you received a conversation at that moment

Last edited by ZER-O,

xYuunax

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i forgot to make a save back up and replace settings in it, now i have to redo the training section
yea it can become tedious when testing these settings, having to dump, edit, restore savedata everytime. Been deleting BR save and running the tutorial as my test.

Are you getting some performance boost at least? Personally I'm more interested in finding out if some of these settings from PC ini can help in performance/compatibility. Extensive testing is needed, waiting for stranno to post some results.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok i think i have set it up now and i can now boot my switch on so thats a big plus 🤣 But something i must still do wrong since the cover images have not changed. I made images 256x256 as jpg and they are sized less than 128kb and they are named as icon. So what did i do wrong here? 🤔
Do you get a question mark instead?

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yea it can become tedious when testing these settings, having to dump, edit, restore savedata everytime. Been deleting BR save and running the tutorial as my test.

Are you getting some performance boost at least? Personally I'm more interested in finding out if some of these settings from PC ini can help in performance/compatibility. Extensive testing is needed, waiting for stranno to post some results.
i have access to get fully compiled NSP with any game, still i want to compile them myself, testing by me will have to wait
i want to translate the game menues for some shoot em up games and without the ability to test on switch i will lose interest, i can still do my test from Retroarch or the bootloader version of the saturn emulator

after we sort out what i said above, we can all test without headache, because i will not delete Burning Rangers and redo the training again, that felt like real work instead of playing
it wasnt in my priority to comission a separate compiled NSP for it, ill compile all Panzer Dragoon games and Nights into Dreams first, and do extensive playthough on after i figure out how to switch between 4 Discs

as for Burning Rangers speed, i haven't noticed any deference, it felt it was ruining smooth didnt see any Slowdown, but the stuttering is there whenever you engaged in Action during a voice messages

Reactions: Thorhax

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guardian Force Saturn Tribute[0100c67015270000]
used the STD decryptor that was shared earlier today and got this file: no_data.tex 3kb file
i could not find any software able to read the .Tex files made for switch
also another file i want to look at but isn't decrypted is in \Cheat_Switch\T_9905G\T_9905G.bin

someone figure out what the file inside the cheats folder is: T_9905G.bin and share info, Than

botik

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
T-9905G is the titleid of the game itself. To find out what it is for, run the game without this file or create empty file T_9905G.bin

ZER-O

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
T-9905G is the titleid of the game itself. To find out what it is for, run the game without this file or create empty file T_9905G.bin
file is encrypted with garbled text, i want to see the format that is used inside to determine if i can use cheats made for SSF

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Then you are placing the icon in the wrong folder, or sys-tweak is not enabled/set correctly.
Ok. So can you give me some pointers here because i think i have done what guide tells to do 🤔

To enable/disable sys-tweak from sysmodules overlay, toolbox.json should be: Code: { "name": "sys-tweak", "tid": "00FF747765616BFF", "requires_reboot": true }
Actually this part is probably what i'm doing wrong. This part i don't really understand what to do. And other thing i have named the images as icon. Is that correct?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Ok. So can you give me some pointers here because i think i have done what guide tells to do 🤔

To enable/disable sys-tweak from sysmodules overlay, toolbox.json should be: Code: { "name": "sys-tweak", "tid": "00FF747765616BFF", "requires_reboot": true }
Actually this part is probably what i'm doing wrong. This part i don't really understand what to do. And other thing i have named the images as icon. Is that correct?
What’s your 00FF747765616BFF folder structure?

Remember that if you changed the icon you need to reload atmosphere in order the changes take effect.

helvetinperkeles

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What’s your 00FF747765616BFF folder structure?

Remember that if you changed the icon you need to reload atmosphere in order the changes take effect.
I'm not at home but if i recall correct i have flags folder and inside that is the boot2flag file. Then i have the exefs file and toolsbox files inside 00FF747765616BFF folder. And yes i have rebooted atmospere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia