Homebrew Saturn emulation using Cotton/Guardian Force testing and debug

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
There are individual versions of all 3 games on the eShop and those can be injected and used separately from Tribute set.
All of which have different Game IDs. I'm currently testing more games as we speak going this route. (Having Tribute Set and the 3 individual NSPs all installed simultaneously)

Furthermore with the individual NSPs, they don't have a main menu like tribute does, so once you load the NSP from your home screen, it'll autoboot into the injected game! Optionally, Replace the NSP Icon, edit the title name, and you'll have a custom game even! (Now if someone can figure out how to get new borders in as well as I have no idea how)
I did the same method for the collection for the single games and couldn't get it to work.

Title ID > romfs > game.bin+renamed cue file

But it never works. Only the collection will work for me.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same method for the collection for the single games and couldn't get it to work.

Title ID > romfs > game.bin+renamed cue file

But it never works. Only the collection will work for me.

Just to verify, you are in fact deleting the existing cue file (Ex: Cotton2.cue) and then adding the cue file of the injected game (Ex: Bug! (USA).cue) and once that cue is added, you rename it to "Cotton2.cue" or whatever the name of the previous cue file was, correct?

lisreal2401

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tribute does, so once you load the NSP from your home screen, it'll autoboot into the injected game! Optionally, Replace the NSP Icon, edit the title name, and you'll have a custom game even! (Now if someone can figure out how to get new borders in as well I have no idea how)

Wanted to attempt this, rebuild the NSP with a custom title ID and have proper injects.

Borders should be easy to replace - these are just Unity .tex, could make black borders if you wanted

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to attempt this, rebuild the NSP with a custom title ID and have proper injects.

Borders should be easy to replace - these are just Unity .tex, could make black borders if you wanted

every game has a black border option already in them, so no need for that.

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using the method HERE allowed me to change Cotton Boomerang's standalone so it shows "Bug!" as the title, along with a custom Bug! icon.. it's not as permanent of a solution compared to the NSP Forwarder, which I'd prefer.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change a game's TitleID? That would be great so we can get more than just a few games injected.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to verify, you are in fact deleting the existing cue file (Ex: Cotton2.cue) and then adding the cue file of the injected game (Ex: Bug! (USA).cue) and once that cue is added, you rename it to "Cotton2.cue" or whatever the name of the previous cue file was, correct?
How do you delete files? I'm not even dumping these games. Just throwing files into romfs folder. It works for the collection. I just rename the cue file to cotton2.cue. don't have anything to delete.

Also can anyone share the game title IDs. My system shows the collection title ID ending in BE4000. Throwing my Saturn bins into this folder didn't work but I noticed you guys in your screenshots have a folder ID ending in BE4006, so I tried that and it worked!!! 🤔

So I'm thinking my IDs for the standalone are wrong and need changed too.

Cotton2 standalone for me ends in: 268000
Boomerang standalone: 26E000

Last edited by Purple_Shyguy,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
For Cotton2 (standalone) you need to enter to Wallpapers folder and copy ctn2_00.tex (or the smallest .tex) and replace the other .tex
Playingguide folder contains the .tex displayed in the intro screen, so replace all the .tex there with ctn2_00.tex and rename accordingly.

Do the same with credits folder and you will have a more professional looking injection :P

B-alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For Cotton2 (standalone) you need to enter to Wallpapers folder and copy ctn2_00.tex (or the smallest .tex) and replace the other .tex
Playingguide folder contains the .tex displayed in the intro screen, so replace all the .tex there with ctn2_00.tex and rename accordingly.

Do the same with credits folder and you will have a more professional looking injection :P

I'm kinde intrigued by the idea of a "professional looking injection". Before I start modding would be so kind and post a screenshot to show the optimal end result?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm kinde intrigued by the idea of a "professional looking injection". Before I start modding would be so kind and post a screenshot to show the optimal end result?
It just doesn't show anything related to Cotton 2, so it doesn't look like you used a donor title but a native game.
Plus using sys-tweak it display injected game icon and correct title name :P

Reactions: Levine91

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Has someone found a way to edit .tex files? Found this tool but doesn't seems compatible with this .tex https://github.com/wmltogether/UnityTexTool
UnityEX Ultimate can do that, but it costs about ~$30. The free version does not allow swapping assets and I don't know about any other tool that can do that.

I payed the tool years ago (and I haven't used it yet xD). I will try later.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Also can anyone share the game title IDs. My system shows the collection title ID ending in BE4000. Throwing my Saturn bins into this folder didn't work but I noticed you guys in your screenshots have a folder ID ending in BE4006, so I tried that and it worked!!! 🤔
6 is the partition of Cotton2 (where the image is). That's why it works. If you use the other games it must end in 7 or 8.

I have tried Virtual Hydlide and it seems to work ok, with a few music skips here and there (stock clocks, maybe overclock helps). Of course it works at the amazingly slow original framerate.

1RDMqdb.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: EMU > DUCK :P