Homebrew Save Nintendo WiFi - A project to save online servers for DS (and Wii) games

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do we know what games don't run on the custom server yet? Like which ones might be abit more sophisticated and nust peer-to-peer matchmaking?

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... I can't seem to patch Mario Kart DS... Whenever I try to load it up on my DS I just get white-screened :/ I've used peonex's sslpatcher three times now and with different flashcards and DS's. Am I missing something?

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh... I can't seem to patch Mario Kart DS... Whenever I try to load it up on my DS I just get white-screened :/ I've used peonex's sslpatcher three times now and with different flashcards and DS's. Am I missing something?

i just used the xdelta patch on http://save-nintendo-wifi.com/mkds/ and have not had issues (other than my crappy r4i-sdhc corrupting my microsd. hate that card)

that sslpatcher is a windows binary, so i havent touched it.

Reactions: bobtheglob101

Darkshade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My inability to assist makes me feel somewhat like a spammer, but could anybody cover The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass?

Darkshade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It may work already. You can assist by checking out the instructions on the site on how to patch your game and set up WFC and trying it out yourself. :) Packet dumps are also very useful if you have the ability to make your own.

I've been wrestling with my router to retrieve packets for Wii games to no avail, if it's easier to do with DeSmuME I may be able to.

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so i've played around on the altwfc server using a DSi and a DS Lite with Mario Kart DS and i've noticed an issue. Connecting to WFC for the first time (retrieving a WFC profile after erasing the old one) is all good (you can race and battle just fine). However once you disconnect and attempt to reconnect again, it simply spits out an error code and the only resolution I have found is to reset the WFC profile again and reconnect to retrieve a new profile. I understand altwfc is still in the testing phase, but I'll try to assist in any way possible! You guys did an excellent job reverse engineering WFC and setting it up right on time, you guys are awesome ;)

EDIT: Hmm... after powering off the unit and letting it sit out for about 5 minutes I can reconnect again, strange.

EricTheCleric

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this only work for R4 cards and/or emulators or something? I followed all the steps on http://altwfc.net/ and tried multiple times to get the Mystery Gifts in SoulSilver (an actual retail version) but it didn't work.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this only work for R4 cards and/or emulators or something? I followed all the steps on http://altwfc.net/ and tried multiple times to get the Mystery Gifts in SoulSilver (an actual retail version) but it didn't work.

you have to patch your game to not use ssl. so far, the easiest way to do so is patching a dump to play on an emulator or flashcard. it may be possible to use an action replay to patch a retail cart (see the previous page for a working example), but a unmodified retail cart will not work unless someone steals nintendo's ssl certificate

mm201

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can get non-SSL captures from pkvldtprod.nintendo.co.jp now. When does BW/BW2 access this server? So far, I've only seen Random Matchup accessing it.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Searching through my captures:
- GTS
- GTS Rendezvous
- Battle Subway - Send Results
- Random Matchup
- Battle Videos Up/Download

I think that server is used to check if a Pokémon is legal or not. Or maybe if their nickname contains any "bad words"?

e: Music Photo up/download also accesses a nintendo.co.jp server, though not that subdomain. (pkgdsprod.nintendo.co.jp)

e: Which reminds me, could you set up a redirect for wf001.wifi.square-enix.com too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://movieweb.com/metal-gear-solid-furiosa-tom-burke-solid-snake/