Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game will be getting a physical release courtesy of LRG

ErOjnzXXUAIImTm.jpg

One of the most sought-after delisted games is coming back this year, in not just digital form, but physical as well. Ubisoft and Limited Run Games are teaming up to release a boxed version of the game for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Pre-orders will go live on January 15th, with three different versions being available: the regular edition, the Classic Edition, which comes with a classic clamshell case, map, and soundtrack, and the KO! Edition, including everything from before, a guide book, an enamel pin, trading cards, a special collector's case, guitar picks, drumsticks, and even a release of the soundtrack on not just CD, but cassette as well. Those interested will want to lock their pre-orders in as soon as possible on January 15th, at 10am ET.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I assume you mean Steam, and not stream as in Stadia. Sadly no, it's only coming to UPlay on PC. The game releases on digital storefronts on the 15th, the same day pre-orders open for the physical edition.

They're going to be keeping pre-orders open for six weeks, so I assume there isn't really a quantity limit during that time period. They obviously knew this would be popular.
all switch games have open pre orders, the ps4 games are the ones with limited quantity, dont ask why but it has been that way since always, sometimes when its a famous game they make the ps4 game an open pre order too, but the switch games are always open pre orders.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to getting the special edition. Just right in price and rewards. The K.O. Edition is a little too expensive for my tastes, but looks kinda cool.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... kinda tempted to jump on this, TBH, though I've never played the game, and beat 'em ups aren't my forte. But oooh, that KO edition looks lush! That and just having such a coveted game physically is always nice, too. Is it actually any fun to play, though? Looks like it, and I like the graphical style, too.

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a fan but I just can't justify that much on a game that isn't actually that great (it's fun at first but gets monotonous very quickly). The soundtrack however is epic and I might grab it for that.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just read that it will take 4 to 5 months to ship AFTER the preorder window closes... Are they just sitting with thumbs up their asses during all the pre-order time, instead of getting runs printed and manufactured or what? If so, that's very wasteful of people's time, and not very hygienic.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I just read that it will take 4 to 5 months to ship AFTER the preorder window closes... Are they just sitting with thumbs up their asses during all the pre-order time, instead of getting runs printed and manufactured or what? If so, that's very wasteful of people's time, and not very hygienic.
that is how limited run games operate, after pre order ends they know how much they need to order, they cant order without knowing how much they need since they only do a single print run.

that is why its a open pre order, if it was a closed pre order like 5000 or so then they would order in advance, but switch games are always open pre order so they let everyone order and then do a single request to nintendo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 5.7Ghz sounds crazy