Hardware Screw down the wrong hole - can't get it out :(

SenorClean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys,

This week I pulled down my Wii again to trial the SunDisk - however when re-assembling, I put one of the little black screws down a hole for a bigger silver one... and it's now stuck in there!

The problem is that the screw has been pushed down through the hole in the outer shell. I've tried rare earth magnets on a screwdriver - but it's not enough.

Has anyone done this before / got any tips for fixing it? Is there a way to remove the lower shell?

My wii is functional - so I shouldn't need to get it apart... and if I get really desperate - I suppose I could trim the 'shield' and pull it out - but I'd rather not. Any help would be appreciated
smile.gif

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Tiny dot of superglue on the end of a pin or something, stick it to the end of the screw and pull.

Be VERY VERY sparing with the glue though or you'll end up just gluing the screw in to place.

SenorClean

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
Tiny dot of superglue on the end of a pin or something, stick it to the end of the screw and pull.

Be VERY VERY sparing with the glue though or you'll end up just gluing the screw in to place.

I like it... thanks
smile.gif

My plan B is to shave away the hole around it a little (it is covered by the battery anyway).

I think for now I'll just leave it... the front plate is a little wobbley (missing a screw) but other than that, my wii is fine. If I ever need to pull it down again I'll try the superglue trick
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4