Zeek03

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
My Wii no longer Accepts Disks so I've been using the USB Loader to play my games. I've grown a bit tired of this and I want my Disk Drive Fixed. So I'm going to send it to Nintendo.
The Problem is, I've got all these hacks on my system. I've read on Wiibrew that they might charge you $200 for that.

So what I wanna ask is what is the easiest way to remove all these hacks, and then put them back on.
I've got Bootmii installed. So if I was to make a Nand Back-up, Format, then send to Nintendo, could I go back to a lower Firmware and then Load my Nand Back-up? Would this work? Would I keep EVERYTHING?

Thanks in advance.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sending a hacked Wii to Nintendo, giving them your name and address.... doesn't sound like a very good idea to me. If it were me, i'd just buy a new one.

Not having a Wii, I can't say that i'm too aware. But from what I gather new wii's have a D3-2 drive which can't be used to load backups via the drive. If you send it back for repair, i'm guessing you will get a D3-2 drive and so you won't be able to play burned ISO's anyway.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive replaced my disk drive on my wii, its not particularly hard or expensive, just somewhat time-consuming. it might seem daunting, but i think it will cause less aggravation and take less time than the virginizing process.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
i'm sure there are online stores like ozmodchips that do sell drives that do read backups, otherwise it's best that you don't send it to nintendo as they WILL charge you for 'unauthorised modifications', even if you did try and virginise it.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a pretty good chance that when they return the Wii, they would have updated the SM to 4.3! Just buy a replacement drive!

In Australia I know of ozmodchips.com (They do import overseas) but I'm sure you could find a place that sells them in North America!

Zeek03

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok So you're all suggesting I get a modded drive then?

Any Suggestions of a trustworthy USA Modchip site?

If I ship all the way to Australia I might not get it back until like next Year.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your best best if you REALLY want to send it to nintendo is to run comex's nand formatter. That is the only way for nintendo to not find traces of hacks. Deadlyfoez had a huge discussion with someone helping them through the process, too bad all his posts are gone for you to be able to reference. But virginizing will not keep nintendo from finding unauthorized software traces.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
Ok So you're all suggesting I get a modded drive then?

Any Suggestions of a trustworthy USA Modchip site?

If I ship all the way to Australia I might not get it back until like next Year.
Not a modded one, a replacement one, preferably a older one (not D3).

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VGCrepairs.biz is also another GREAT place for console repairs. The guy Ed is a great person and will go above and beyond to make sure you are happy with his service. I recommend him to fix it before anyone else.
Zeek03 said:
So theres no way to Virginize my Wii?

Oh well... Thanks anyways guys.
I already told you, the only way for you to virginize your wii without nintendo finding unauthorized software is with comex's nand formatter.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Dude you may find that Nintendo charge more than the other places above unless your under warranty! Also my cousin thought his drive was dead but all he needed was a replacement lens! Also if Nintendo put in system menu 4.3 it will be a tough road to get your Wii back to what it is now!

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luminalace said:
Dude you may find that Nintendo charge more than the other places above unless your under warranty! Also my cousin thought his drive was dead but all he needed was a replacement lens! Also if Nintendo put in system menu 4.3 it will be a tough road to get your Wii back to what it is now!
tough...really? You must be new. There is a way around it but it does take more steps to do.

@OP, Dont use that link that whoever posted from filetrip. I think it is compile for a PAL wii and it is v1. PM me your email address and I'll send you version 1.1 that will work on any wii regardless of region. And version 1 has a hard coded serial number to put into the setting.txt after the format, where as version 1.1 will alow you to use your current setting.txt so your serial number in the file does not get changed.

But you do have a lot of things to weigh in on here. If your wii is not still under warranty then you will get a charge from nintendo no matter what and you are better off sending it to a 3rd part person. Otherwise if it is still under warranty then it is worth you effort to run the formatter.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They will most likely do a swap. There for a new Wii that aint boot2 able nor is your DVD hackable.

So, just get a new DVD drive. Cheaper, faster and easier. (Yes, since they might still charge you if they see your messed with your wii. They can still see it even if you wipe all your homebrews.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol true