Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
foxgrey said:
I always thought Hotz was a douche, but now I know he is a sell out as well!

Sony is trying to make an example of him and the rest of the scene, selling out is the same as letting them WIN!
OK, you try and be in his position; you're 20 years old being sued by a huge corporation. They give you an opportunity to end the case, would you not take it?
I'm surprised he didn't make another rap video after all this "I'm going to win" "I'm fighting for justice!", etc. If they make a movie, Richard Simmons should be George.
laugh.gif

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
OK, you try and be in his position; you're 20 years old being sued by a huge corporation. They give you an opportunity to end the case, would you not take it?

Don't get me wrong, If I was in his shoes as an average 20 year old then hell yeah I'd probably settle in a heart beat. But we are talking about the geohotz lol...Seriously though, he has gained some fame for all his troubles. He could have fought it for a lot longer, could have stood up to the beast and possibly even got somewhere. So I stand by my first comment.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
foxgrey said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

Don't get me wrong, If I was in his shoes as an average 20 year old then hell yeah I'd probably settle in a heart beat. But we are talking about the geohotz lol...Seriously though, he has gained some fame for all his troubles. He could have fought it for a lot longer, could have stood up to the beast and possibly even got somewhere. So I stand by my first comment.
He doesn't have an unlimited supply of money you know. he probably wanted it to end as soon as possible.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to be honest, I think I need to go burn my ISP they now have records that I was here, and /gasp posted on a george hotz thread....Sony gonna want my ip address and access records...lawlz

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
foxgrey said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

He doesn't have an unlimited supply of money you know. he probably wanted it to end as soon as possible.
No, but if you buy into the idea that he didn't spend it on the holiday, he did still have a fairly large amount of donations, which is obviously significantly large if he stopped accepting them after a few days...

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antwill said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
foxgrey said:
BobTheJoeBob said:

No, but if you buy into the idea that he didn't spend it on the holiday, he did still have a fairly large amount of donations, which is obviously significantly large if he stopped accepting them after a few days...
The donations didn't give him that much money. It was a significant amount, but it was by no means going to last him for too much longer.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
personuser said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
I wonder what this means for the future.
absolutely nothing. We're literally back to square one.

How do you know ? You are not psychic anyway. We shall wait and see.
You are wrong.
We're back at square one because there has been no legal precedent set.

QUOTE(foxgrey @ Apr 11 2011, 12:37 PM)

Sony is trying to make an example of him and the rest of the scene, selling out is the same as letting them WIN!
Know how I know you're an idiot?
I read your posts.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
geohotz probably now works for sony as part of the agreement.
After reading it, George Hotz got kinda boned in the settlement.
He got nothing but stipulations. He cannot access any Sony (game?) products in an unauthorized way or has to pay $10,000 and any suits brought against him by Sony will be tried in Northern California without the ability for him to challenge jurisdiction.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
foxgrey said:

nope, sony didn't win.
if sony won, they'd have a precedent.
that would mean they could freely sue anyone even attempting to hack a sony device and would almost certainly win just by pointing a finger at the geohot vs sony case.
now sony can't use the results in this case as a weapon against hackers because a judge never made a definitive decision.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
according to that pdf, geohot got fucked over

like, real bad

was it really a good choice for him to accept those terms?

yeah I know this whole thing with geohot isn't important anymore, but I'm still shocked by those stipulations

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eckin said:
according to that pdf, geohot got fucked over

like, real bad

was it really a good choice for him to accept those terms?

yeah I know this whole thing with geohot isn't important anymore, but I'm still shocked by those stipulations

It was the only choice but no it wasn't good at all.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, there goes months of flaming
biggrin.gif

I guess Sony finally decided that there won't be a winner in this case.

If Sony wins, it's a waste of money, once it's on the interwebs, it stays.
If Sony looses, it's a waste of money, also, it's public image will be irreparably damageg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hey guys.