EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well this sucks.

I was using Reddit to promote articles on my new site UnboxedTV.net and a month or so I noticed new articles I submitted were not showing up. I didn't think much of it until I logged out and went to my userpage and found that it couldn't be accessed after some research it seems I was "Shadow Banned".

For anyone unaware this is a practice where Reddit kind of bans you but not exactly, you can login and everything and it seems fine but EVERYTHING you posts gets basically flagged as Spam, you receive no such notification and I'm seeing an entire subreddit made up people who have suffered the same fate.

So apparently Reddit, one of the most popular sites out there today, doesn't like it when you use their site for basic "Social Media Strategies" and all the offer is to contact an admin or something and hope that you can get it revoked all though they say in the FAQ not to expect something.

How did this happen you may ask, well Reddit isn't using moderators for everything infact most of this is down to a damn algorithm, I will admit 90% of my links submitted were for my new site but the algorithm that they banned me with was designed for spamming and I wasn't posting new links every hour and linking to malware. I was merely using Reddit to connect and broaden my audience and now I've realised I have basically wasted an entire month.

I did read a story similar to mine and this person was fortunate enough to have her ban revoke, but seriously Reddit this is how you are treating your users?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never used Reddit before, but this kinda reminds me of my gaiaonline days when like every year around March or April there would just be this mass banning of users for no reason what so ever and their excuse would be, "scripting." Even to users who didn't violate any rules or know what "scripting" was. That's how I ended up finding this site and staying here.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To be honest in my own personal opinion when 90% of your posts relate to your site I can see why the site software picked you up as a spambot since it was more slow spamming rather than fast spamming

Though is this a copy / paste post the last line makes me think you maybe should edit it a little :P

Reactions: Minox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet +1