Shenmue

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It may happen one day, probably when Sega starts posting quarterly profits rather than losses.

In the mean time check out the Yakuza series, it plays kind of similarly.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impur1ty said:
It may happen one day, probably when Sega starts posting quarterly profits rather than losses.

In the mean time check out the Yakuza series, it plays kind of similarly.

Yakuza suffers the same fate as Shenmue. No western support. Even now a lot of US/Euro gamers are trying to get (Yakuza 3) a subtitle release. But Sega of America still refuses to send it here. Only thing we can do is import it and hope an ENG patch comes out for it.

I'm hoping good news comes out of TGS from Sega. I mean they're gonna announce Yakuza 4 FFS. Throw us a freaking bone.

Edit: Yakuza and Shenmue are nothing a like.

Yakuza
-has good pacing
-Has random battle (See FF series)
-Brawler (Dynasty Warrior)

Shenmue
-Horrendous pacing.
-Fixed QTE events / Free fights.
-Tone down Virtual Fighter engine

Both have excellent Stories. Shenmue just fails in the game portion. Not many ppl can just sit and watch Ryo run around for hours looking for the next clue to trigger an event and not have one enemy encounter.

impur1ty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a bit much to say they are nothing alike, it's the closest game to Shenmue that I have ever played.

The pacing issues were vastly improved for Shenmue II, but for those who get bored easily, a heavy story driven adventure game probably isn't for them.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well i happen to enjoy games that have a deep story if they don't have much game play that's OK i just see it as a very long movie but it was a very dumb financial move to not make Shenmue III & also to cancel Shenmue Online.I believe it would be in Yu Suzuki as well as Sega's best interest to continue the series at least it would help them out financially for now we all know how bad Sega has been getting hit financially over the last decade.

beamquaker

Trophies
XP
Country
i heard rumors along time ago that shenmue 1 and 2 were getting remade on the wii . that would be cool but will ryo hazuki ever get to beat ten shades of sh1t out of lan-di . i wonder if it was re made , would they have children wanting to wrestle with you still in it and all those nights hanging around bars looking for sailors . the world has moved on a bit since this game first came out but ryo's story has stayed still for years now its not fair i would buy whatever console they brought a new shenmue out on .

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cry.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah i have heard the same rumors about Shenmue 1 & 2 on the Wii but if they do that will they just stop there? will they leave a whole new generation of Shenmue fans in complete and utter disappointment or will they FINALLY make a part 3 to give us closure?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
There's no plans to release Shenmue on the Wii and there won't be a Shenmue 3 unfortunately. Just do a google search and you'll find all the info.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
There's no plans to release Shenmue on the Wii and there won't be a Shenmue 3 unfortunately. Just do a google search and you'll find all the info.
...we already knew all that way to crush our dreams all over again =/ lol...Yu Suzuki had stated in the past(when they were still talking about a part 3) that he decided to not continue making the series for w/e reason but that's just a really bad move and also hurts Sega because it was a pretty good selling series(well at least for a non sonic sega series).

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it certainly would be nice to see some dead sega franchises come back but you know what they rather do?
they rather whore out sonic in every kind of genre there is in a similar fashion to how Nintendo Mario (e.g kart, tennis, Olympics, baseball, soccer, ect.)with one exception it's doesn't work as well for or fast paced lil' blue hedgehog as it does his former red cap'd nemesis...
I'm sure they know it's a good idea by now to leave him alone and get focused on other series like Shenmue, Yakuza, chu chu rocket , panzer dragoon, hell i'd settle for a Jet Set Radio port for the wii at this point!
honestly anything something not washed out and over done so redundantly as sonic and any number of the characters in the series have been.
till then i guess i'll play through Shenmue 1&2 till my Dreamcast stops kicking and catches a flame or i go blind from sitting to close to my tv.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
yeah, it certainly would be nice to see some dead sega franchises come back but you know what they rather do?
they rather whore out sonic in every kind of genre there is in a similar fashion to how Nintendo Mario (e.g kart, tennis, Olympics, baseball, soccer, ect.)with one exception it's doesn't work as well for or fast paced lil' blue hedgehog as it does his former red cap'd nemesis...
I'm sure they know it's a good idea by now to leave him alone and get focused on other series like Shenmue, Yakuza, chu chu rocket , panzer dragoon, hell i'd settle for a Jet Set Radio port for the wii at this point!
honestly anything something not washed out and over done so redundantly as sonic and any number of the characters in the series have been.
till then i guess i'll play through Shenmue 1&2 till my Dreamcast stops kicking and catches a flame or i go blind from sitting to close to my tv.
LOL! next they will make a Sonic DDR game like they did with Mario...and i really enjoyed the Jet Set Grind/Radio Future games and I've been waiting for them to make another one but apparently they aren't since Sega likes to make good games then disappoint fans by never releasing anything else from the series...
sleep.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious