Gaming Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey

Babajela

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Nope. M3i Zero is the version for DSi. I don't know if they use the same firmware, would surprise me if they did.

But anyway, tested further, so with the firmware update for M3 DS Real of 24 March, the game works fine. It locks up in the opening movie (though this might be just bad dump) but this is skippable. Afterwards, saving and loading works normally and random battles work normally too.

TheCypher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
isabelyes said:
OMG I played it for five hours straight today.
Believe me, It's the stuff of legends.
I'm in sector Boote right now.
Damn you!Making me envy not having other flashcards
closedeyes.gif

Moklin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The japanese version had the same problem and a fix was launched. I hope it´ll happen the same in the US version.

I can´t wait to play it. I already found the first boss but for obvious reasons it´s impossible to defeat it.

bob123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Closing the lid on my DSlite does not suspend the game during the video clips in this game for me. Just this game to be specific. The screen and sound will shut off, but the video will still be playing, so it does not resume where you left off. Anyone else notice this? Closing the lid any other time works however.

Playing this with AK2i and AKAIO 1.6 RC2.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Started playing this today and I must say I'm really enjoying it. The social sim parts (such as negotiating and making choices in conversations) are really interesting, and all the demon collecting/RPG goodness is there. The storyline is actually pretty good too, it's got me engaged.

darkevia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
isabelyes said:
OMG I played it for five hours straight today.
Believe me, It's the stuff of legends.
I'm in sector Boote right now.

OMG I want to play! Just waiting for my AK2i to drop in (hopefully tomorrow!); in the meantime playing it on desmume - but it doesn't feel the same
frown.gif

Twinviper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn why did i opt to buy Pokemon Soulsilver instead of Strange Journey
frown.gif

Time to throw out my old M3 Simply DS (running R4 + Ysmenu) and buy a cyclo...

Isabelyes

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ZOMG!!
I started yesterday, haven't played today,
And my save is already almost 7 hours "old".
This is the most addicting game I've ever played.
Hands down.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
it's got one heck of an immersive intro... the only game i know that beats this intro-wise is FF8...

and i almost lol'd a bit, i misread an earlier post. he said something about demon proximity... i read "demon profanity". lol. XD

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kazuma kaneko's style... awesome bizarreness guaranteed

(curses why do my acekard doesn't arrive? CURSED CHINESE MAIL!)

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Four said:
neveras said:
CyrusBlue said:
Devil Survivor isn't apart of the SMT series.
They just slapped Shin Megami Tensei on it to market it in the west.

Look it up.

But that's retarded, I could understand if it had nothing at all to do with it, but Devil Survivor has more than enough spirit of SMT to fit in with the series.

It's not part of the Shin Megami Tensei series. Saying Devil Survivor is a "Shin Megami Tensei game" is like saying a SaGa game is a "Final Fantasy game" because one of the games was released under the Final Fantasy banner at one point in America. Technically, none of the games Atlus USA has released under the Shin Megami Tensei banner, with the exception of Nocturne and Strange Journey, have been Shin Megami Tensei games. They're part of the Megami Tensei franchise, but they are not Shin Megami Tensei games, which is its own series and actually consists only of Shin Megami Tensei 1, 2, 3, if..., and Strange Journey. The first Devil Summoner game was released as "Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner" in Japan, but Devil Summoner became its own series so they dropped that in future releases.

In Japan, Devil Survivor was released, oddly enough, under the Megami Ibunroku banner, which was, incidentally, what the first Persona game was prefixed with in Japan.

If Atlus USA had prefixed the games they released with "Megami Tensei", that would make sense, but "Shin Megami Tensei" is absurd. Megami Tensei is the franchise, Shin Megami Tensei is the series of five games, nothing else.

Uhmm, first people here. Megami Tensei is one of the three top rpg series in Japan since 1987 (with DQ and FF). So it certainly doen't need to be hyped.^^

Clarify:

It's not like FF Legend/Saga. These titles are two completly seperate series. Devil Summoner/Shin Megami Tensei is not. They are both titles of the same legacy (Digital Devil Saga (novels)/well Megami Tensei in the games) And it's sprung out as a spin-off of shin megami tensei. Fact. The name was later dropped JUST for conviniences sake (was even stated by a developer). The same applies to the first title to bear "Megami Ibonoruku" Persona.
lecture.gif

Why do you even take this so seriously? And especially in regards megami tensei. You wanna know how this series started?

(Major spoiler for the first novel (Called Digital Devil Saga, but no it has nothing to do with the PS2 game))

TENTACLE RAPE

There I just had to ruin megami Tensei for you. Bu.....

P.S Also there are only three main Shin megami Tensei games + an MMO to the series. (Though "Strange Journey" is considered the inofficaly fourth)

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omegaultima said:
Dem hackers need to catch up..

So what flashkarts is it currently working on? Too lazy to go through the pages.

List of working and non working below credit to Xaintrix

Working

* Supercard DSONE EOS SP2
* Edge 1.9
* CycloDS Evo (Firmware 1.58 Stable)
* Acekard 2i, AKAIO 1.6RC2

Fails to Save

* R4 Ys menu
* R4
* R4 Ultra
* R4DS v1.18
* DSTT, latest firmware
* M3DS Real - Crashes During Intro, Failed Saving

leonssj90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
M3 DS REAL does work with firmware 4.8 except the intro crashes but you can just skip it....and it saves perfectly.
lecture.gif

dukemagus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
C2B said:
P.S Also there are only three main Shin megami Tensei games + an MMO to the series. (Though "Strange Journey" is considered the inofficaly fourth)

unofficially? Naaah

if i do remember, Kaneko said the game is the fourth, but without number

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag