Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not yet, check whether your bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is correctly set up first. The one included with the zip archive from here should work properly. After you update your hekate_ipl.ini, reboot to Hekate and launch CFW emuMMC or sysMMC depending on which one you use.
I have hekate_ipl.ini properly setup.

Sigpatches are working, I have already maybe discovered the problem.

All games at or below my FW work while games above my FW don't, this completely sucks.

For example I reinstalled Kingdom Come deliverance and works fine since require below my 16.1.0 FW but after updating it it goes puff cause it requires FW 17+

While using Hekate with fusee payload I could even play games requiring FW17 when I was on FW15. Something...

How can I make Hekate with fss0 to also be able to play games that are above my FW?

They all work fine when going back to Hekate fusee payload loading method with the same exact Sigpatches with 0 changes (off course Hekate_ipl settings are different for both...).

Ps: it seems fusee payload has something that makes games to run on lower FW that Hekate is missing or I'm missing some option for it or maybe have to also edit some setting in atmosphere configuration files to force Hekate to load that feature...
If your SD format is ExFAT that could be the problem.
Nop, it works fine when using the normal fusee payload method on Hekate and just going back to it the corrupted games I just verify them and they report OK and play normally with the same exact Sigpatches, when using fss0 method checking game files always report as corrupt and seem to be only for games above my FW, the rest play fine.

Last edited by guily6669,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ShadowOne333 Please in the OP make sure to explain how to use the new signature patches. Because not everyone use FSS0

I think a LOT of people don't use fss0 because the rentry guide uses chainloading fusee for emuMMC.

You can NO LONGER use OFFICIAL Atmosphere with signature patches. They're no longer supported.
You HAVE TO USE Hekate or Sys-Patch

Guide for how to setup Sys-Patch (interface requires Tesla on your Switch)
https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Sys-patch_Switch

Borrowing from Deepsea CFW package:
Your hekate_ipl.ini need this to launch with Patches via Hekate

Code:
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
emummcforce=1
fss0=atmosphere/package3
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
{}

Atmosphere=1 line can removed for emuMMC. Hekate documentation says "atmosphere=1 Enables Atmosphère patching. Not needed when fss0 is used." I see it in an awful lot of hekate ini files, including the one here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatc...kate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/post-10388870

Last edited by RedColoredStars,
Reactions: Blythe93

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
As far as I'm aware, no game yet requires 18.0.0. Maybe online-only games, but I'm not familiar with those.

Unless you want to have the latest and greatest or have problematic sys modules that are yet to receive the update (like those for overlclocking), there is no real reason to update yet.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
linuxares explained it here but I'd add this line to both settings: kip1patch=nosigchk (Otherwise, in the latest sys-patch release (1.5.1), fs patches will be Patched i.e. patched by sys-patch, not sigpatches, instead of Patched i.e. already patched by sigpatches). Just checked, hekate_ipl.ini which is already included in the zip archive already have kip1patch=nosigchk.

@unicornman posted a modified fusee.bin with ips kip patches support restored.
Post automatically merged:

By disabling the emuMMC via Hekate? That should force fusee.bin to use sysNAND instead, I guess.
Note that sigpatches won't work unless you use modified fusee.bin or launch Atmosphere's package3 via Hekate's fss0. Via Hekate, you can launch sysNAND CFW in order to achieve what you're trying to do.
Post automatically merged:

Not yet, check whether your bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini is correctly set up first. The one included with the zip archive from here should work properly. After you update your hekate_ipl.ini, reboot to Hekate and launch CFW emuMMC or sysMMC depending on which one you use.
Yeah edited my important post and included the full ini file :)

jake_g78

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been trying to read as much as I can about the newest Atmosphere changes and the sigpatches issues and I have a question about the following:

fusee no longer supports applying IPS patches to KIP

From what I have read in this thread (and other threads/sites), if I am loading Atmosphere using Tegra (TegraRcmGUI for windows to be precise) selecting the fusee.bin payload, does that mean I can no longer use the sigpatches?
Does that mean I would have to load Atmosphere via Hekate instead in order to continue using them?

I apologize if my questions sounds very noobish.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been trying to read as much as I can about the newest Atmosphere changes and the sigpatches issues and I have a question about the following:

From what I have read in this thread (and other threads/sites), if I am loading Atmosphere using Tegra (TegraRcmGUI for windows to be precise) selecting the fusee.bin payload, does that mean I can no longer use the sigpatches?
Does that mean I would have to load Atmosphere via Hekate instead in order to continue using them?

I apologize if my questions sounds very noobish.
That's means what the boot process do not patch anymore thr FS part of patches. The ES part will be applied.

So, using the SYS-Patch sysmodule is a complement for the patches application

dboyz90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
As far as I'm aware, no game yet requires 18.0.0. Maybe online-only games, but I'm not familiar with those.

Unless you want to have the latest and greatest or have problematic sys modules that are yet to receive the update (like those for overlclocking), there is no real reason to update yet.
Thanks, i was just done with the hassle of downgrading from 18.0.0 to 17.0.1 two days ago, initially i updated ofw thinking of gettting to 17.0.1, i didnt realize nintendo just released 18.0.0 two days back
I guess the best is to stay with my current firmware settings, im not playing any online game yet on Switch

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have hekate_ipl.ini properly setup.

Sigpatches are working, I have already maybe discovered the problem.

All games at or below my FW work while games above my FW don't, this completely sucks.

For example I reinstalled Kingdom Come deliverance and works fine since require below my 16.1.0 FW but after updating it it goes puff cause it requires FW 17+

While using Hekate with fusee payload I could even play games requiring FW17 when I was on FW15. Something...

How can I make Hekate with fss0 to also be able to play games that are above my FW?

They all work fine when going back to Hekate fusee payload loading method with the same exact Sigpatches with 0 changes (off course Hekate_ipl settings are different for both...).

Ps: it seems fusee payload has something that makes games to run on lower FW that Hekate is missing or I'm missing some option for it or maybe have to also edit some setting in atmosphere configuration files to force Hekate to load that feature...

Nop, it works fine when using the normal fusee payload method on Hekate and just going back to it the corrupted games I just verify them and they report OK and play normally with the same exact Sigpatches, when using fss0 method checking game files always report as corrupt and seem to be only for games above my FW, the rest play fine.
Are you certain that patches.ini in \bootloader is updated? Hekate uses those patches where fusee does not so there is a difference in the pat he's used by Heakte fss0 and fusse.bin
And does your hekate_ipl.ini include kip patches?

Reactions: impeeza

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still can't anybody help me why using "fss0=atmosphere/package3" I can't play games above my firmware and using "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" they work fine.

In fact even of FW 15.0.1 or something like that I could play most FW17 required games (just by updating hekate+atmosphere+sigpatches) but I'm currently on FW16.1.0 with latest Hekate and same atmosphere 1.6.2.

I'm using @impeeza latest sigpatches and also have other latest ones and it's the same result, when I open a game requiring FW above 1.6.1 the game throws a error to go back to home and then says corrupted and just going back to payload fusee on hekate they check as good and plays fine.

How do I make games requiring a higher FW than mine to run with FSS0?
my hekate_IPL settings:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
noticker=0
updater2p=1
backlight=47
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
Also I never patched any game or did anything, they just run on a much lower firmware when running Fusee payload and even reinstalling them after changing to FSS0 it's the same result, kingdom Come deliverance plays fine because it requires a FW lower than mine but after updating it it stop working (Base=16.0.3 / UPD=17.0.1 required), same as mudrunner (Base=17.0.1 / UPD=17.0.1 required), and they all just work fine with fusee instead of fss0...

My atmosphere exosphere.ini settings:
Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still can't anybody help me why using "fss0=atmosphere/package3" I can't play games above my firmware and using "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" they work fine.

In fact even of FW 15.0.1 or something like that I could play most FW17 required games (just by updating hekate+atmosphere+sigpatches) but I'm currently on FW16.1.0 with latest Hekate and same atmosphere 1.6.2.

I'm using @impeeza latest sigpatches and also have other latest ones and it's the same result, when I open a game requiring FW above 1.6.1 the game throws a error to go back to home and then says corrupted and just going back to payload fusee on hekate they check as good and plays fine.

How do I make games requiring a higher FW than mine to run with FSS0?
my hekate_IPL settings:

Code:
[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
noticker=0
updater2p=1
backlight=47
bootprotect=0

[Atmosphere CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1

[Stock SysNAND]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
Also I never patched any game or did anything, they just run on a much lower firmware when running Fusee payload and even reinstalling them after changing to FSS0 it's the same result, kingdom Come deliverance plays fine because it requires a FW lower than mine but after updating it it stop working (Base=16.0.3 / UPD=17.0.1 required), same as mudrunner (Base=17.0.1 / UPD=17.0.1 required), and they all just work fine with fusee instead of fss0...

My atmosphere exosphere.ini settings:
Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

EDIT: Sorry i didn't read properly

That's how mine looks for reference (btw i'm still on 17.0.1 and ams 1.6.2), if it doesn't work try updating firmware to 17.0.1, just look at that darth site and use daybreak.

Code:
{-------- Stock -------}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW - FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - FSS0 EMU]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
EDIT: Sorry i didn't read properly

That's how mine looks for reference (btw i'm still on 17.0.1 and ams 1.6.2), if it doesn't work try updating firmware to 17.0.1, just look at that darth site and use daybreak.

Code:
{-------- Stock -------}
[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

{-- Custom Firmwares --}
[CFW - FSS0 SYS]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - FSS0 EMU]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
Looks fine

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried that way but it's same result, it just changes the name and I prefer to use atmosphere CFW name, also tried without the kip1 for OC and also tried without kip1patch... It's all the same.

Last thing I want to do is update FW everytime a game require a new one, just going from my old 15.0.1 to FW 16.1.0 already broke a few stuff that will probably never get updated anymore, one of them is InfoNX which I liked, I had to grab a new one from 4IFIR mod but it's completely different and nothing to do with the original.

If fss0 doesn't allow running games that require a much higher FW than we are it's a magnitude inferior to just use fusee payload which even FW 15.0.1 I could run most FW17+ games fine without patching or changing anything other than updating Hekate, atmosphere and Sigpatches, sys-patch is even set to not auto-start on my switch.

It's just install games with tinfoil and run on even brand new fresh atmosphere+Hekate with nothing more than Sigpatches with fusee...

Ps: guess FW 16.1.0 and atmosphere 1.6.2 is the end of the road for me unless there's some workaround for the fss0 and Hekate Sigpatches to play higher FW games too or will always have to wait in the future for someone to always hack fusee payload to allow the Sigpatches which might lead to problems as it's no longer something official anymore sadly and I trust SciresM a magnitude more to make things working...

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I think that it's not related to fusee... You maybe have some ips patches that aren't in the patches.ini...
That's what I tries to tell him some posts back but he chose to ignore that.
Also why not try with sys-patch and see whether that would apply the needed patches when booting with fss0? That will even work with the new version of fusee.bin without needing to use the modded one

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I tries to tell him some posts back but he chose to ignore that.
Also why not try with sys-patch and see whether that would apply the needed patches when booting with fss0? That will even work with the new version of fusee.bin without needing to use the modded one
How can that be possible if I fully deleted all the \Bootloader: Hekate_ipl.ini and patches.ini and even the nyx.ini just to be sure

And also deleted the entire folders \Atmosphere: exefs_patches and kip_patches folders

And put the completely new folders from @impeeza and tried with his hekate settings at first, then I modded it my self and always same result.

Unless there's some cache somewhere cause I haven't replaced hekate neither atmosphere as a clean install, but still all sigpatches related files were completely deleted and replaced and then rebooted the console...

EDIT: And even with his patches which are supossed to be for Hekate I can use just fine on Fusee and all games load fine while when I put the Hekate_ipl.ini with fss0 all games above my FW don't work...

EDIT2: Will do a full clean hekate and atmosphere install with completely 0 content in it to see if it starts working...

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
but if I change from using payload Fusee to fss0 to test if there's any difference in OC support but some games don't run anymore and say corrupted...
Overclocking? I'm not sure if OC suite is updated to support the latest firmware and Atmosphere.

That's the first time in a while that I've heard about games being playable on firmware lower than required. Why don't you update to the latest firmware and Atmosphere?
Last thing I want to do is update FW everytime a game require a new one, just going from my old 15.0.1 to FW 16.1.0 already broke a few stuff that will probably never get updated anymore, one of them is InfoNX which I liked, I had to grab a new one from 4IFIR mod but it's completely different and nothing to do with the original.
Sadly, some homebrew apps eventually break unless updated to support the latest firmware.

Reactions: impeeza

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overclocking? I'm not sure if OC suite is updated to support the latest firmware and Atmosphere.

That's the first time in a while that I've heard about games being playable on firmware lower than required. Why don't you update to the latest firmware and Atmosphere?

Sadly, some homebrew apps eventually break unless updated to support the latest firmware.
I'm not using OC suite, I'm using his latest kinda more private sys_clk and overlay and with Lineon CONF5 configurator and loader.kip cause by far have been the best it can get CPU on full unsafe clocks at crazy low voltage without a single loss in performance.

Games being played on a lower firmware have been a thing since SXOS days and atmosphere always supported that, there was times even like 5 FW below the required the games could totally run fine just like when I was on FW 15.0.0 I could even play some FW17 required games then I updated to 15.0.1 and everything was solid because FW16 at first started breaking a lot of stuff.

Only recently I updated for FW 16.1.0 and started updating everything but I won't update to FW17 as it breaks even more stuff including the nice Lineon Conf5 and he hasn't been around Discord lately so he might never update his damn nice OC...

And if using FSS0 that feature no longer works I will just keep using payload fusee.

ps: I'm currently installing Kingdom come Deliverance again on a full clean hekate+atmosphere install with 0 content added to them other than the @impeeza sigpatches and even using his hekate_ipl.ini...

EDIT: big BS After a full clean atmosphere+hekate+ @impeeza sigpatches files, SAME EXACT result as soon as I open a game above my FW it goes PUFF and I even had removed the tickets of them (game+update) previously and deleted trough goldleaf and reinstalled them.

It's definitely something with hekate that is overriding some good atmosphere feature, just like atmosphere automatically loads KIPS for OC and hekate requires to use the "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip" cause it overrides atmosphere settings.

Going back to "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" until there's some workaround cause I definitely won't be updating firmware every time a game requires and break almost every single homebrew and specially my nice OC...

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm not using OC suite, I'm using his latest kinda more private sys_clk and overlay and with Lineon CONF5 configurator and loader.kip cause by far have been the best it can get CPU on full unsafe clocks at crazy low voltage without a single loss in performance.

Games being played on a lower firmware have been a thing since SXOS days and atmosphere always supported that, there was times even like 5 FW below the required the games could totally run fine just like when I was on FW 15.0.0 I could even play some FW17 required games then I updated to 15.0.1 and everything was solid because FW16 at first started breaking a lot of stuff.

Only recently I updated for FW 16.1.0 and started updating everything but I won't update to FW17 as it breaks even more stuff including the nice Lineon Conf5 and he hasn't been around Discord lately so he might never update his damn nice OC...

And if using FSS0 that feature no longer works I will just keep using payload fusee.

ps: I'm currently installing Kingdom come Deliverance again on a full clean hekate+atmosphere install with 0 content added to them other than the @impeeza sigpatches and even using his hekate_ipl.ini...

EDIT: big BS After a full clean atmosphere+hekate+ @impeeza sigpatches files, SAME EXACT result as soon as I open a game above my FW it goes PUFF and I even had removed the tickets of them (game+update) previously and deleted trough goldleaf and reinstalled them.

It's definitely something with hekate that is overriding some good atmosphere feature, just like atmosphere automatically loads KIPS for OC and hekate requires to use the "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip" cause it overrides atmosphere settings.

Going back to "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" until there's some workaround cause I definitely won't be updating firmware every time a game requires and break almost every single homebrew and specially my nice OC...
Then don't use Hekate, just use Sys-Patch

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ooowwww a new way for me to beat NFS 510 :D @SylverReZ
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Yeah, believe you can do PSP games as well. But a Pi5 is much powerful in comparison.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure about other models of Pi4 but the Pi 4 B with 8GBs OCed to 2Ghz handles PSP really great except like 1 game I found and it is playable it just looks bad lol Motor Storm Arctic something or other.
    Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope 1X and no enhancements lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Waiting for Anbernic's rg[whatever]SP price announcement, gimme.
    +1
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo