Gaming Skyward Sword controlling is terrible

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Being a lefty, the game is very hard to control for me but im glad to know not all is due to using the wiimote on the left. Plays way better for me when i play right handed...

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey. Guys. Just wanted to say something. I gave my remote 5 good slaps on my hand, and it stopped desyncing nearly as much as before. Try it.

Fedex14

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The controlling in SS is AWESOME, the demo's controlling was really shitty in comparison with the final version, this is definitely the best swordplay in a game EVER.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
only control probs i have is i have to pretty much put the mote vertical to roll a bomb and also to move forwards when gliding with the cloth. everything else sword, beetle, bird is fine.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had problems getting used to the cloth - I don't think it's because of any technical problems, I just feel they made the controls unintuitive for that segment. Everything else, including rolling stuff, is fine for me.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So I tried the leaked version because I was worried about the control and... it works great, I had 0 control problem(played till the 2nd dungeon non stop, didn't need to re-calibrate).
Now I can wait my pre-ordered copy :)

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people are saying they have problems with the motion plus attachment sometimes.. recalibrate it.. but no problems with the built-in motion plus wii remote..

D

Deleted User

The only control problem I have are in menus, I always have to press down on the dpad.
However it takes 1 second. so its not game breaking.

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Being a lefty, the game is very hard to control for me but im glad to know not all is due to using the wiimote on the left. Plays way better for me when i play right handed...

I take it back ... playing the real game, the controls are pretty great, even when playing left handed!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, I usually have to recalibrate mine whenever I'm using something, but that's probably because I never pointed the Wiimote at the screen 2/3rds of the time. Other than that I have 0 issues with controls as well. Sometimes if you hold the Wiimote too high while attempting to throw bombs or jars or whatever it'll attempt to roll it instead. Kind of annoying but no other problems here.

ShadowSonic2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadowsonic2.com
XP
Country
Chad
Not really having any issues here once I keep the Wii Mote on the screen. If I try playing on my couch which makes the Wii Mote point below the TV, it gets a bit out of control but once the Wii Mote is pointed, it's all good!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Only time the sword have gone haywire was when I got frustrated and started swinging the wiimote like a maniac lol. It can also act a bit weird a while after I have been swimming (I still cant cope with it -.-)
Aiming has failed me a couple of times, but a quick hit on "down" fixes it. Nothing that bothers me tbh.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the game doesn't use the sensor bar at all, that's why you often have to press down and recenter when pointing the screen.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
I think the game doesn't use the sensor bar at all, that's why you often have to press down and recenter when pointing the screen.
Yeah, it doesn't actually use the pointer, making menu selection a pain. It would've been nicer if they could've just used the WM+ for actual gameplay, and then the pointer for menus and whatnot.

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't even know it was possible to glide using the sailcloth.
it isn't you glide and position yourself b4 opening it.
Yeah, just tried gliding without success. But I can control my fall, no problem.

I've found something incredible, probably a secret area of the game. I'll put it in spoiler tags, it's in the area preceding the 5th temple.

In the Lanaryu Caves, there is a "circle" of bombs with a gossip stone in the middle. If you slash some bomb to make them all explode, the stone will turn into a rocket and fly to the sky. That's standard behavior, explode a gossip stone and it will fly. No news.
What I discovered is that you can stick yourself to the stone with the whip. I didn't manage the stone to pull me up, I can only attach the whip when the stone is standing at the ground. But I strongly believe that I can attach myself to it, next time I'll try using the claws after the stone is mid-air.
After exiting the Lanaryu Caves into the Sand Sea, just after exiting the caves, before latching yourself to the columns to get to the harbor, use the beedle and try to reach the top of the tower. I did it, but the beetle's energy depleted just after passing the edge of the tower, I could see a silver rupee, but I think there is a Goddess Cube and maybe even the Sand Dragon up there.
I've got the Goddess Cube dowsing ability, next time I get there I'll use it. I really think it's quest related or something, I've found the Water Dragon before getting the first flame, why didn't the Sand Dragon appear before getting the second?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk