Smash Remix 1.5.0 Wii U VC Injection Widescreen Off-Center

Zazabar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, So I injected Smash Remix using the latest version of UWUVCI, with the widescreen box ticked on, and everything worked successfully.

1. Mario Golf US as a base
2. Then I used HxD exactly as shown in the above video to change the name from NALE to NALJ and saved the newly edited Rom
3. I downloaded the UNALJ0.354.ini from injectiine as shown in the video.
4. I added the following lines at the end of the [RomOption] portion of the above .ini file:

BackupType = 3
BackupSize = 512
MemPack = 1

5. I then used the now edited UNALJ0.354. file as the ini and the hex-edited Smash Remix Rom as the rom to be injected
6. I disabled dark filter, then ticked on the widescreen box
7. Added some images to be used as banner, etc.
8. Made the inject to be installed as a WUP
9. profit, the game is widescreen as it should be
Followed these instructions and the game won't boot on the Wii U. For now, I think I'll settle with the menus being off centered and the actual gameplay being in widescreen.

• Sad
Reactions: waywardLam

waywardLam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed these instructions and the game won't boot on the Wii U. For now, I think I'll settle with the menus being off centered and the actual gameplay being in widescreen.
Oh really? that is very interesting, not so sure where to go from there honestly, but I will test things again

Zazabar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh really? that is very interesting, not so sure where to go from there honestly, but I will test things again
Nah, no need to. It's annoying having to keep taking out the SD card and booting up the Sig patcher, then open the wup installer and install the game. I also have to delete the ones that aren't working and wash, rinse, repeat.

You all have been nothing but helpful and I appreciate all the effort everyone in this thread has put in! With that being said, I'll try farting around with the options a little more before calling it quits. Is there not a setting within the ini I can make regarding the off-centered screen?
Post automatically merged:

Disregard my last post. Somehow, I missed the posts from Elru. To my understanding, getting this game to show proper widescreen 100% of the time isn't possible.

If we set the injection settings to enable widescreen and enable widescreen in Smash Remix, the result is the off-centered menus, but widescreen works properly in battles.

If we set the injection settings to enable widescreen and don't enable widescreen in Smash Remix, the result is the menus appear to be the correct (even though I'm still thinking that's a stretched 4:3 image) and the battles are stretched.

At this point, is the fix something the devs would have to work on? It looks like it does the same thing with widescreen enabled on the injector and in Smash Remix 1.4, too. I can confirm there appear to be no issues with proper ratio on an emulator (using Rosalie's Mupen GUI). Maybe it's due to the "NALE" to "NALJ" change?
Post automatically merged:

Last edited by Zazabar,

liveswired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Checked this out this today too as I decided it was time to remove the dark filters from my complete N64 Wii U back catalogue - I was back playing N64 games on it again and I couldn't get over just how much of an impact the dark filter has on enjoying playing. The last time I bothered to unpack WUPs to edit arc's and repack back into WUPs again was way back in 2017, I was so angered at how Nintendo didn't see fit to allow full screen in DK64 (yet saw fit to destroy the visuals with a darkening filter) and they wouldn't respond to my requests so they forced my hand to get of my arse and edit the files myself... Seems like a lifetime ago. I'm actually quite impressed at how Nintendo's N64 emulator on Wii U is actually very capable and is even running quite a few games it was never configured or designed to. Playing Smash Bros Remix 1.5 at full speed with next to no issues (bar the menu screens in 16:9 mode) is astounding.

waywardLam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checked this out this today too as I decided it was time to remove the dark filters from my complete N64 Wii U back catalogue - I was back playing N64 games on it again and I couldn't get over just how much of an impact the dark filter has on enjoying playing. The last time I bothered to unpack WUPs to edit arc's and repack back into WUPs again was way back in 2017, I was so angered at how Nintendo didn't see fit to allow full screen in DK64 (yet saw fit to destroy the visuals with a darkening filter) and they wouldn't respond to my requests so they forced my hand to get of my arse and edit the files myself... Seems like a lifetime ago. I'm actually quite impressed at how Nintendo's N64 emulator on Wii U is actually very capable and is even running quite a few games it was never configured or designed to. Playing Smash Bros Remix 1.5 at full speed with next to no issues (bar the menu screens in 16:9 mode) is astounding.
How have you found the input lag? I feel like it can't just be my TV, but idk

Reactions: SaulFabre

liveswired

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How have you found the input lag? I feel like it can't just be my TV, but idk
I've played through single player on a Wii U Pro Controller which is an exceptional controller and didn't notice lag - however keep in mind I'm not a competitive player, I play retro games for fun these days so perhaps my senses aren't as tuned towards it. I did a quick basic test, pressing controller buttons in front of my TV and the animations are kicking in as they should and to me it feels how it did on the N64 years ago. When using the Gamepad, however, due to its face buttons/D-pad etc being of the 'mushier' type combined looser sticks, all of which have further travel do give the impression of lag.

I also have my Wii U connected via an MClassic adapter, so it does all the processing and scaling of the 480p content before it reaches my TV so it has no scaling to do.

On PS3 playing PS1 classics the lag is awful - full on second delay from press to action on screen - so I plug my Dualshock controller in via USB lead which solves the issue instantly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol