Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I feel really stupid. I figured out my error that was causing the menu not to show up. When I was testing the SDStatus change, I switched to a larger SD card... that I somehow forgot to copy font.bin to.
blush.gif

Also, anyone have any idea what _ _fwrite patch is, in practical terms?

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have previously questioned about the display of SNEEK+DI menu.
But I have not yet got the information about it.

I use JPN console Wii(4.2J).
I can make sure of good works on SNEEK,SNEEK+DI,UNEEK by using a 4.2J virgin NAND.
In the case of SNEEK+DI,I have recognized the game title in the disc drive channel,and I could play the game properly.
But I have not got the display of SNEEK+DI menu.
Off course,I have connected the GC controller to the port1 before booting the Wii.

I think that I cannot access the SNEEK+DI menu by using a 4.2J NAND.
Can I access the SNEEK+DI menu by using a 4.2U or 4.2E NAND?

I appreciate anyone who has good opinions.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dumped my NAND again with FSDump, did the whole thing all over again, and I still get a black screen and my Wii freezes when I try to load BootMii from HBC. If I reinstall BootMii over my Sneek DI boot2 and armboot, I get the normal BootMii screen but that doesn't do me much good.

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luriden said:
I dumped my NAND again with FSDump, did the whole thing all over again, and I still get a black screen and my Wii freezes when I try to load BootMii from HBC. If I reinstall BootMii over my Sneek DI boot2 and armboot, I get the normal BootMii screen but that doesn't do me much good.

I think you should regulate the timing of connecting the USB drive to the Wii.
I have made sure of good works on SNEEK+DI
After booting the Wii in the condition of inserting the SD,the disc drive blinks blue and disappear. Just the timing of disappearance blinking blue,I connects the USB drive to the Wii.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ricerobo said:
Luriden said:

I think you should regulate the timing of connecting the USB drive to the Wii.
I have made sure of good works on SNEEK+DI
After booting the Wii in the condition of inserting the SD,the disc drive blinks blue and disappear. Just the timing of disappearance blinking blue,I connects the USB drive to the Wii.

It's got nothing to do with the USB though, and I'm not concerned with USB at the moment anyway. I can't even get Sneek DI to run from the SD card at all. I have yet to run Sneek of any kind on this Wii.

ricerobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have installed bootmii as boots and IOS254.
In the case of your Wii,I think that you should after launching bootmii from HBC in the condition of inserting the SD,......

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
__fwrite() is one of the functions that's called by the OSReport debug chain.
OSReport -> vprintf -> __FileWrite -> __fwrite()

the patch makes the data that's supposed to be sent to the normal debug method be sent over EXI ( usbgecko )

edit:
before someone comes in trying to correct the chain, yes, vprintf doesn't call __FileWrite(), it passes it as an argument to another function that parses the format string and arguments into one string. that string is then passed to __FileWrite()

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
megazig said:
__fwrite() is one of the functions that's called by the OSReport debug chain.
OSReport -> vprintf -> __FileWrite -> __fwrite()

the patch makes the data that's supposed to be sent to the normal debug method be sent over EXI ( usbgecko )

Thank you, that was very helpful.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luriden said:
It's got nothing to do with the USB though, and I'm not concerned with USB at the moment anyway. I can't even get Sneek DI to run from the SD card at all. I have yet to run Sneek of any kind on this Wii.
You need a hard drive connected with at least one game installed for sneek Di to boot also you need the DI.bin and font.bin on the root of the usb drive also if I don't have a drive connected I just get black screen the timing method explained a few posts earlier works for some hard drives and others will just boot without any fiddling

dkmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I read some posts on this topic, but still can not understand what sneek help you do.

I mean i know it emulates the nand but what can I do with that? What are the features I gain?

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Luriden said:
You need a hard drive connected with at least one game installed for sneek Di to boot also you need the DI.bin and font.bin on the root of the usb drive also if I don't have a drive connected I just get black screen the timing method explained a few posts earlier works for some hard drives and others will just boot without any fiddling

execute bootmii, wait for black screen. Let hang, then plug in uSB drive and watch disk drive flash the blue light and sneek boots up.

works for me EVERY TIME. it works on and off with other methods and until I figured out the for sure solution. the HDD or usb drive gets corrupted when you try to boot up sneek with it connected prior.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
doesn't corrupt usb drive for me when I leave connected and do a cold boot it boots straight away a bit slow cause loading nand of sd but works every time

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
doesn't corrupt usb drive for me when I leave connected and do a cold boot it boots straight away a bit slow cause loading nand of sd but works every time

interesting, possibly my enclosure or drive then? I'm just glad there is a fix for now.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
sounds like your device doesn't quite follow the specs, I got an external USB powered drive which works everytime from cold boot.

I'm using a 3.5" HDD in an external enclosure with it's own separate power supply is where the situation differs. Sounds like you guys are cold booting to a 2.5" USB powered HDD. I have that option as well but have not tried it yet, I'm sure it will be fine.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
longtom1 said:
Luriden said:

execute bootmii, wait for black screen. Let hang, then plug in uSB drive and watch disk drive flash the blue light and sneek boots up.

works for me EVERY TIME. it works on and off with other methods and until I figured out the for sure solution. the HDD or usb drive gets corrupted when you try to boot up sneek with it connected prior.

Didn't work for me. Not even a blue light for me, the Wii is dead as a doornail when attempting to launch BootMii in HBC using the Sneek+DI armboot. Trying to load BootMii IOS in Preloader tells me I don't even have BootMii installed because of that armboot.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
xfcrowman said:
Nollog said:
Does anyone here know of a way I can put my sneek games back into an iso?
You can also use WiiJmanager to take decrypted games for sneek and convert them into iso or ciso.

Doesn't look like you can.
It can't seem to find any sneek riped games, even the ones it rips itself.

QUOTE(pepxl @ May 28 2010, 03:41 PM)
repack the files with partition builder and load the partition.bin into wiiscrubber using a template ISO
Where is partition.bin in the sneek folders? Is it tmd.bin? fst.bin? I don't see any partition.bin.
Also, by "load partition.bin" do you mean partition1.img ?

I tried using fst.bin and ried to replace the game partition on pokemon since it was the smallest I had on my computer, but it just corrupted the iso.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
If you have problems with di, try opening your sneek/diconfig.bin file with a hex editor.
I'll bet a pretty penny it will tell you it's corrupt.
I rolled back to r97 myself, no problems since.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==