Hacking SNEEK new project by crediar (unreleased)

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out how to "-change the TitleID within the TMD and the ticket to 00000001-000000FA" but the first part is still a blur to me...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Current SNEEK release is illegal because it left out some necessary source code. i assume crediar will be releasing a fixed version with full source in the next day or two. it is illegal to have the files on your computer, or to redistribute them. please delete them and all mirrors.

NOTE: posting a mirror of this is the same as posting a mirror of warez, because the content is completely illegal, therefore it cannot be allowed under site rules.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Current SNEEK release is illegal because it left out some necessary source code. i assume crediar will be releasing a fixed version with full source in the next day or two. it is illegal to have the files on your computer, or to redistribute them. please delete them and all mirrors.

NOTE: posting a mirror of this is the same as posting a mirror of warez, because the content is completely illegal, therefore it cannot be allowed under site rules.
Woah, RMS 2.0.

That's the kind of GNU avocation I want to see.
tongue.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
like always, a lot of moaning after something easy to fix... bah...
if he didn't change the source he doesn't need to release with the binary anyway since it's already publicly available...

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
all is easy, i had it done 30 min after he posted it on irc but remember, it doesnt work on most wii's/sd cards for some reason :S like my sneek files made & my own fs backup just give black screen on my sd/console, but work fine on Det1re's wii .... so yeah

ds22

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
With the SNEEK files I created I get as far as the bootmii screen and that's it.
BTW, I still don't know how to "remove the SD module entry from the TMD and reduce the content count by one".

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crediar used chunks of MINI as part of the ES and FS modules, with no source code release (he only released the source to armboot.bin). That makes it a really obvious GPL violation. He's already taken down his download, admitted to the mistake, and is working for a solution. It would be nice if you guys could stop hosting random copies on random hosting sites.

Then again, we all know that the GBAtemp admins care more about ROMs and game downloads than about respecting homebrew and free software licenses. As long as it isn't a big lawyer-laden company behind the copyright, it's fine, isn't it?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan_troll said:
Crediar used chunks of MINI as part of the ES and FS modules, with no source code release (he only released the source to armboot.bin). That makes it a really obvious GPL violation. He's already taken down his download, admitted to the mistake, and is working for a solution. It would be nice if you guys could stop hosting random copies on random hosting sites.

Then again, we all know that the GBAtemp admins care more about ROMs and game downloads than about respecting homebrew and free software licenses. As long as it isn't a big lawyer-laden company behind the copyright, it's fine, isn't it?

absolutely.

anyway, since we're talking about how to use it, make it work, and not how to get it,
I'd like to know the process for prepping the IOS60....anyone had some success?

Based on the very vague instructions,
I've tried about 8 different things, and not even knowing what tools to use,
the best I've gotten is the disc slot repeatedly blinking with a black screen.

marcan_troll

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, because talking about how to get to work something that cannot be legally distributed at the moment does not incite people to get it illegally. Nope, not at all. Evar.

Seriously guys, if this forum has any respect for homebrew authors, just get the damn thread locked (or stop posting to it) until the licensing issues are resolved.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcan_troll said:
Yeah, because talking about how to get to work something that cannot be legally distributed at the moment does not incite people to get it illegally. Nope, not at all. Evar.

You're over-reaching with the warez comparison, this isn't something that is illegal to have.
I know you enjoy writing your own bible, but you can scribble in it some more tomorrow.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
marcan_troll said:

Don't make baseless Judgements. We always remove dubious material as soon as it is noticed.

I have removed all the mirrors, thank you very much! I guess you never noticed the "REPORT" button!

I respect you, but respect should go both ways man...

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
what happened to the nand emulator that waninkoko was making and supposed to be released in September? I know he left the scene for the most part, but did he just abandon that project? From my understanding is that it was supposed to be more than just what triiforce has to offer. People were talking about full nand emulation.

his latest cIOS included "NAND emulation", which made things like this possible (although this isn't accomplished exactly the same way, pretty much though it seems)
I don't remember ever hearing he was going to personally make a emulator program that ran the menu or software or anything. I thought it was the next logical step, but I figured he left it for others.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
Damnit you herd godplex marcan the fat troll fairy that isnt part of the scene but here to judge us all...lock the thread because HE said so...psh...seriously dude why do you bother...control freak...

BUT ANYWAYS back on topic it will be interesting to see this when its done (im sure marcan is making seem like he is the GPL police as usual and it was a honest and prob easy to address mistake...Just give it time even if this thread does get locked DONT STOP LOOKING because a troll who left the scene but tried to control it told you to..The application is very useful legal or not we will obtain it and make use of it regardless...yo ho ho and a bottle of rum marcan
wink.gif

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
i hope this does get released..i've got it, i've played with it (loading Nicksasa's NAND hehe) it works

its fucking epic

no bitching

sup vetta dude, get ur ass on irc lol themeteam needs ur presense
tongue.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
Damnit you herd godplex marcan the fat troll fairy that isnt part of the scene but here to judge us all...lock the thread because HE said so...psh...seriously dude why do you bother...control freak...

BUT ANYWAYS back on topic it will be interesting to see this when its done (im sure marcan is making seem like he is the GPL police as usual and it was a honest and prob easy to address mistake...Just give it time even if this thread does get locked DONT STOP LOOKING because a troll who left the scene but tried to control it told you to..The application is very useful legal or not we will obtain it and make use of it regardless...yo ho ho and a bottle of rum marcan
wink.gif
I'm sorry, but...fail. You're just proving what he said right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.