So anyone like Dubstep?

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
90% of this thread is basically not dubstep, it's more like a certain style of electro house except not 4/4. I don't know why the name has been basically taken over by a totally different sound. This is a track by one of the originators of the genre:

Mala - Alicia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzzGXBW4GA

Notice how it doesn't have stupid high pitched squealing noises or chainsaws? Or to be fair, a tune that is more for dancefloors, there's none heavier bass wise:

Joker - Purple City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bIR_YmiuVw

It's supposed to be about the subbass not midrange 'random' noises (that are entirely predictable anyway now). The 'dubstep' tracks that are mostly linked here is basically a big youtube fad, it's not surprising because it's harder to appreciate subbass if you are listening to music with youtube quality on computer speakers.

There's still a lot of good bass music being released though, with just everyone avoiding the term dubstep totally cause now people think you mean awful shallow shit or bad novelty remixes all at 140 bpm exactly. If you can listen to wobbles and screeching for any long period of time you should really think about your taste in music. It got tiresome really quickly after Coki/Rusko, i think even they were surprised there were people who wanted to hear entire fucking sets of it and nothing else.

Edit: ok i see 1 person who actually knows something linked the Joker track i guess it's an easy example; tbh even his tracks are pretty shallow that's why he plays very varied sets and not just the same style. Here's a different track instead, a garagey type track that sounds unremarkable without proper bass though:

D1 - Chocolate Orange
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKp7OzjKJqU

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, thank you iNFiNiTY for bumping this thread; I've been itching to use this for a while now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG2KMkQLZmI[/youtube]

I don't know, I just can't stand dubstep for the life of me. While I have been coming around to some remixes (one of my friends recently introduced me to Streamline, and those mixes are amazing. If you haven;t heard of them before, look it up on youtube; it's definitely worth checking out), dubstep just sounds terrible to me.

YMMV, I guess.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be in love with it then I realized most of it is crap.Its like a DS you have to go through all the Shovelware to find the good games or songs.I like old ass dubstep from like 04-06.
[youtube]g-pLVMQxS54[/youtube]
Substance not filth.SKRILLEX IS SHIT.
[youtube]G2NmPqJ5LTs[/youtube]
Also the cool random dubstep like Unicorn Kid.Thats good stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?