Hacking So, I want to softmod my friend's Wii

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,773
  • Replies 9
D

Deleted User

OP
So you see, my friend desperately wants to have his Wii back to normal, and english language too. He has a semi-brick.....

But here's the problem, I believe his Wii is Japanese, but then again, I'm afraid his Wii is like mine, Japanese region converted to US region. And well, mine was also Japanese language, until I took a look on the Language Settings, english language since.

His Wii isn't softmodded, but hardmodded. I was thinking about fixing the semi-brick, then installing starfall (given that his firmware is 3.2), then using WAD Manager to install Gecko OS and Gamma 002 fix channels, all through Twilight Hack.

I don't know the details, but he said he ran the update from the game Pokemon Battle Revolution, and another few games as well. So yeah.....

What do you recommend? I was thinking about scanning his firmware (What region, not the number) through ARC, and start from there.

And no, I don't think I'll install HBC for him till he has an SD Card..... I think it'll be a long time before he could get an SD Card due to his strict parents.

Also, I've these questions:
1)Will Starfall hacks go away if I remove the .dol from the root of the sd card?
2)Any way to remove semi-brick through the apps that can be run through Twilight Hack?
3)Will changing the language of the Wii using ARC do any harm?

Thanks in advance....

D

Deleted User

OP
Anyone???

And well, his Twilight Princess is NTSC, so I know where to begin.

D

Deleted User

OP
AnyRegion Changer to see what region is his Wii.

I won't change the region, just the language, I suppose.

Anyway, I might as well go down the install HBC road, run my apps from there, and then uninstall HBC

D

Deleted User

OP
Nah, here it costs a plenty (RM90+).

Anyway, he won't be touching the Wii again after the end year holidays, and I doubt he'll get the SD Card soon.

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
afif95 said:
AnyRegion Changer to see what region is his Wii.

I won't change the region, just the language, I suppose.

Anyway, I might as well go down the install HBC road, run my apps from there, and then uninstall HBC
Use frimware downgraded by waniko but you need to install:
CIOS_fix.wad
IOS16-64-production.wad
But you need a custom wadmanager but you can find it in the oct 23 update fix thread.
But install IOS16-64-production.wad before installing CIOS_fix.wad than use frimware downgrader and install 3.2U and it will ask for a patch than click A than click the home button 3 times when it's done the patch.
happy.gif

D

Deleted User

OP
True, but I need to know if that fixes the semi-brick as well..... Oh, and I would also like to do this without a WiFi.

I think his WiFi connection is broken.

D

Deleted User

OP
Ah, okie dokie, will follow EoC's guide and start from there.

Now to confirm that his WiFi ain't broken... >__>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3