lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well,I don't use phones,nor will I in the meanwhile,but my parents are buying...

My Dad's gonna get an iPhone 4 from the U.S.,and wondering,how will I be sure if it's jailbreak-able?

Now for my Mom...we're not sure what she's gonna get(touchscreen btw),and Samsung Galaxy S seems to be a competitor,but I'm wondering,in your opinion,what's the best(aside from iPhone if that's your answer)that's pretty good,smexy,and for everyday use+business?
Android is preferred,but other kind of OS(palm,Blackberry,etc) is fine if it's good...
and long-term support too,unlike the Nexus One,boy Google is lazy -_-'

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Desire HD is pretty good (with android, just the HTC HD2, but then with android)..
Also, lot's of women like to have a physical keyboard, if that's the case with your mother, look up the HTC Desire Z.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well,she's fine with the physical keyboard...but the mentality is there,and wanting to update from her old Nokia phone(with S60)

You know,those sliding keyboards are cool too,but I think she wants the best phone(no iphone like the first post)

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
The upcoming Nokia N8 is worth a look.

HD video, widescreen display, SymbianOSv5, Full touchscreen, All manner of connectivity options, HSPA (up and down), May be pricey but at it will work correctly, unlike the iPhone, and it will always have stuff available for it, thanks to the SymbianOS' massive developer community.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm liking the Desire HD
smile.gif

I'd like to see more suggestions though,so post up your phones if you like them guys!

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard the Experia X10 from Sony was good. I've watched several of the commercials too(not that they have to do with anything), and found them amusing
smile.gif
It comes with Android, too, Though I would prefer an iPhone 4(just because, so I can jailbreak it and try out apps before buying
smile.gif
)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hikaru said:
I heard the Experia X10 from Sony was good. I've watched several of the commercials too(not that they have to do with anything), and found them amusing
smile.gif
It comes with Android, too, Though I would prefer an iPhone 4(just because, so I can jailbreak it and try out apps before buying
smile.gif
)

it comes with android 1.6

2.1 should be released for it by the end of this year

the phone is a good all rounder, my brother has it

i dnt understand this fascination with cell phone, its nice to have something cool on the go, but meh ill stick to my msging and calling and any old phone can do that pretty well.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
iPhone4

I am not sure, but if your mom is buying a phone in USA, maybe get the sprint EVO 4G?

Buy it unlocked :/

Could that work?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hikaru said:
smile.gif
smile.gif
)
It's a good phone, but since his mom wants "the best" phone, which I assume, should be a high end phone, it's a better choice to choose one of the newer HTC models.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maz7006 said:
Hikaru said:
smile.gif
smile.gif
)

i dnt understand this fascination with cell phone, its nice to have something cool on the go, but meh ill stick to my msging and calling and any old phone can do that pretty well.
I have an X10.
wink.gif

Very good sized screen, I generally like the way it works and looks.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Maz7006 said:
Hikaru said:
smile.gif
smile.gif
)

I have an X10.
wink.gif

Very good sized screen, I generally like the way it works and looks.

yeah its a 4 inch ... its amazing ... nice GBA emulation as well
yay.gif

lolzed the X10 is quite a smexy phone in general, check it out here www.gsmarena.com

and all the other phones we've mentioned
biggrin.gif

it's really all the same to me; but if anything i HIGHLY recommend getting some android phone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep most here in Ohio say pop. Oh oh yea I mean North Korea