Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Fission said:
I've got the auto potion attached to Rydia - but it never does anything
unsure.gif

yeah i'm having a hard time figuring the augments out myself.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i didn't use it yet, i'm saving it for later.
but my guess is that the auto-potion works something like darkness.
you set it in your ability window wherever you think is a good place, and in battle you select it(probably in page-2 of your ability list somewhere below defend by default).
it will then cost 1 turn to activate but from moment of activation you'll recover using a potion whenever your health drops too much.

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
Its not bad and stays true to the Snes version. I did like the little touchups they did with the music.

All in all to me its FF7 which makes me think are we going to get FF7 on the DS anytime soon.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go to Abilities, select your character, select an empty slot or replace a slot that you don't use i.e. Summon, and equip the augment. Seriously, it's not that hard to figure out. It's not like they made it rocket science or something. You also need to have potions available in your items inventory.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use a bit of help with one thing:

When I use Libra, I'm not sure how to view the stats of the monsters I've analyzed. In FFIII, it listed everything right then and there, but since this is ATB, it requires a different method, of course, but lacking the game's manual, I'm sure what that is.
unsure.gif

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first experience with FFIV, having never played the GBA or SNES versions, and I have to say...this game is great. The story is engaging, it presents an actual challenge(rare these days), and personally...I think the graphics look well put together.

fenthwick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Need a lttle help here:
I'm at the dark elf and I can't seem to kill him. His first shape is easay I just use silence on him but his second is a nightmare. I used Blink which helped against his melee attack but the Dark Breath kills my units if it is followed with an other one. Anyone knows how to avoid it?

aznboi104

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some1 help T_T
Has any1 get to the part where you fight Golbez? ppl at gamefaqs said 2 hits should kill him but square made Golbez much harder (way more hp...) so none of the gamefaqs tips helps >_< i cant seem to kill him because i dont got enough ethers and i hate having to kill those freaking puppets first...

ECJanga

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For the puppets I actually go all out.

Puppets:
Focus with Yang.
And then pick off the dolls in the back quickly with Attack by Cecil and Kain.
Cast Slow with Rosa.
Next just focus on taking down the back ones and then 2nd turn use Yang's Kick. Most of the front ones should die too. If you're fast you can take all small dolls down without fighting the big one.

Now about Golbez:

Wait a bit and send Kain up with Jump, then wait till all your party dies and Rydia comes in.
First thing to do! Let Cecil and Rydia follow each other by doing Phoenix Down on Rosa and then followed by a quick Hi-Potion.
Use Cura on the group and let Cecil use Libra on Golbez.

Have Rydia ready and select Attack. Now don't actually attack!, just look at the bottom and you'll see Golbez: Weakness: and then an element. No go back to the main menu and select Summon and use the Summon of Golbez's current weakness. After the summon you'll need to use Libra again cause he switches of weakness by using Barrier Shift. Again same tactic, look at weakness and use that Summon.

3 to 4 summons should kill him. Let Rosa heal the party in the mean time. And in between attacks you can let Cecil do some damage too.

ceelo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a lot of you guys are spoiled with newer RPGs.. I only died once so far (which was me being careless) and am a few hours in. I just got my fifth member (I dont think that spoils anything heh) so now my party is full for the first time. This game is not hard, Just have rydia use item Rod (or whatever weapon she has), cecil attack and the like.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm. i feel really noobish for asking
but can someone um share me their save file?
it should be someone thats like maybe halfway through the game or so
im using it in a vid (my previews for youtube)
and i havent played very far :/

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
fenthwick said:
GameDragon said:
distorted.frequency said:
I think I remembered seeing a question thread made for this but since I see more activity in this one I thought to ask here instead. Oh, and I haven't played any of the FF4 games before this. >_<

I just got the airship and I'm supposed to go to this place...can't remember the name...Anyway, I got there and found out that the crystal was stolen by some dark elf. He's supposed to be hiding in a cave where metallic armor and weapons will paralyze the person. That means I have to make my characters wear weaker items. Should I go somewhere else first and strengthen my characters? And what items should my characters be wearing before I go to the cave? (I've already had them change into leather clothing.)
Your supposed to unequip all metal equipment from members. Cecil has the most metal, meaning no sword or armor. Cid's hammer is wooden, so it can stay. Yang's claws also seem to work. The basic strategy of the cave is to use Yang and Tellah as your main, Cecil for healing, and Cid as a backup attacker.

*wink*
You shouldn't worry about the armor that much as you get the chance to equip them after you get defeated by his first shape. A good tactic against his firts spell casting shape is to use reflect on your character.
Thanks guys! :3 I looked through some faq and all I kept seeing was how you should go to other places to train first. >_> I just kept DYING everywhere else. Jeez.

Tiny, I did upload a save file on the downloads section. It's pretty much crap though. The levels are mostly in their early twenties and I'm not sure about the equips. It's after you get the airship. Use at your own risk.
tongue.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fenthwick said:
Need a lttle help here:
I'm at the dark elf and I can't seem to kill him. His first shape is easay I just use silence on him but his second is a nightmare. I used Blink which helped against his melee attack but the Dark Breath kills my units if it is followed with an other one. Anyone knows how to avoid it?
If memory serves, Tornado or whatever can be cast on him, bringing him down within a single strike from death. Very cheap, but it worked in the JAP version.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think that, like it happens to most other games, it was a bit overhyped. Now people expect a lot more from it, and end up getting disappointed. I find it a pretty fun game, but that may be because I've never played the original so I don't know how much "worse" it is. I do agree that there's lag during battles, but for me, it hasn't been a huge problem.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the 99% thingy with maps is just some bad thinking at SE.
it means there's still a 5x5 pixel or so piece undiscovered, usually around the edge of a view-range and literally in the middle of nowhere.
the fog is the same color as the background on the map making it very hard to find out where that last 1% is.

hm, maybe someone can make a mod that changes the map or fog color?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/qRuNxHqwazs?si=0AhJg_9A8kf-V0iF