♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Softmii is Softmii, and Softmii is dead. It died for a reason. (well, many actually):
1.There isn't much user documentation in softmii. Users are just trying to mimic what the bare bones instructions say.

2. Users are NOT INFORMED OR EDUCATED about anything included in softmii, and are not told about what tools/apps/wads (in cIOSCORP's case) they are installing.

3. Due to reason 2, users are NOT TOLD ABOUT ANY OF THE RISKS in softmii, and that's why people brick their wiis when trying to install softmii. (Especially cIOSCORP)

4. cIOSCORP seems to be the "core" of softmii, and so users are told to install it. Installing cIOSCORP is very risky if users are not competent enough with wii homebrew/hacking, and if something goes wrong, the situation this puts the user in could get really bad, and even give them a full brick. Even I don't encourage people to blindly install it.

5. The guide does not tell the user which cIOSCORP version they are installing, which could be a very big problem, especially if they are an LU64+ console owner.

6. There is no support in softmii. Not a single FAQ. Nothing. If something goes wrong with softmii, then that wii that it went wrong on is pretty much bricked, as the user has no solutions.

kLiNiKaL, what cIOSCORP version is used in this package anyway? It better not be any v3.x versions... or any third party mods of any v3.x version... or any clones of said versions...

And it DEFINETELY better not be cIOSCORP v3.5 beta 1! That's not fully tested yet and could be dangerous!

I hereby DENY you permission to use cIOSCORP v3.x, or any third party modifications of cIOSCORP v3.x, or any clones of my cIOSCORP v3.x.

If this softmii contains any traces of the above, please REMOVE them.

And don't try telling me about icefire's installer. I have already removed it. It has since been removed from cIOSCORP v3.5 beta 2 and every future versions of my cIOSCORP.

Under no circumstances should cIOSCORP v3.x, third party modifications of cIOSCORP v3.x, or any clones of my cIOSCORP v3.x be present in any softmod guide without my permission, especially without user documentation.

tj_cool actually approached me and asked for my permission before making his guide, and I allowed it.

And if you don't like GBATEmp.net, then why are you visiting this site?
Why are you going to somewhere you don't like?
What do you have to gain from doing so?
Seems a little strange too me.
burn!!
whats good?
so softmii's main attraction is cioscorp, and its developer is not even allowing its use in softmii, why does this garbage sstill exist?

BBking83 said:
QUOTE(xzxero @ Oct 23 2009, 02:12 AM) aha, anyways softmii is dead there is no point in bringing that shit back here for more annoyance.
HBC 1.0.6 [2gb], cIOS38 rev 14, Wiiflow [1TB Buffalo Drivestation HD; 465.5gb wbfs, 465.5gb fat32], Bootmii [IOS & boot2], Preloader .30
4.2U
How is this different to Preloader?

I am not putting shit on Preloader, nor supporting SoftMii. If you want it, whatever but they pretty much do the same thing.

Personally, I don't and never have used these.

Now I'm gonna hear a rant of how different they are, aren't I...

how is preloader dfferent from softmii?
softmii isnt its own program first of all.
so there's no comparison.

the fact that were trying to prove is that softmii is a waste of efforts.
sorry, it is what it is.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
and it does contain a version of 3.x cioscorp

im assuming its 3.5beta because 3.4 has the v5149 of IOS11 while the one in the package has a v6174 version of it.

and it has cIOS70 in it.

wow, softmii if fucking dubious

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
how could they get there hands on the 3.5 has it been released, or am i missing something?
da_letter_a released the beta to certain individuals to test games.

but klinikal decided it would be cool to rename the IOS's and release them as their own work.

again, dubious.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
but klinikal decided it would be cool to rename the IOS's and release them as their own work.
again, dubious.
Oh. Sorry, I understand now.

Still, I'm not a fan of CIOSCORP, Preloader or SoftMii.

Ahh well.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
So What is Softmii, just a guide or a Theft Pack I'm missing the concept here

xzxero said:
BlackAce83 said:
how could they get there hands on the 3.5 has it been released, or am i missing something?
da_letter_a released the beta to certain individuals to test games.

again, dubious.
If thats true, that is pretty lame on his part

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
So What is Softmii, just a guide or a Theft Pack I'm missing the concept here
it is a guide.
in all the wong ways.
just read the posts above.
it contains illegal files, no consent from the authors of the apps, no warnings, and rips off other guides.

beav1s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone whose main priority is disc channel loading (/care) deserves the brick they get by using this crapware
gamingexposed also looks like a garbage website, if you gonna bash on gbatemp at least have the decency not to use fucking comic sans on your website lololol
softmii more like brickmiiwithstolenshitmii

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
I hereby DENY you permission to use cIOSCORP v3.x, or any third party modifications of cIOSCORP v3.x, or any clones of my cIOSCORP v3.x.

I hereby DENY you permission to use cios-based dip modules, or any third party modifications of the cios's dip module (Hermes'), or any clones of cios's dip modules.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
da_letter_a is a developer of cIOSCORP??? really hmmm....ok anyone wanna go dig up the original cIOSCORP thread??

and also ...anyone wanna answer us a simple question?

did he develop cIOS DIP Patch?? no i don't think so

and actually cIOSCORP ISNT EVEN YOURS TO CLAIM....shall we go right back to when IronMask and Jizmo and a few users actually made it?? so u didn't make or develop shit

anyone who's been in IRC will know that I've been talking about and asking for info from others for weeks regarding dip patching..so no its not yours..i just wanted to see what yours would look like i actually took the time to do it myself

and since your talking about ownership and permission to use things

how about you ask Waninkoko @ GamingExposed.com who has ownership of cIOS249..for permission to make cIOSCORP and to use the DIP Module AT ALL...

i am at GamingExposed.com i was asked to update the pack...we have Waninkoko's permission to use the DIP module to patch IOS's...which i think YOU DON'T.

now go flame somewhere else or in another stupid fucking forum..oh and while your at it make sure you ask Wanin for permission for that cIOSCORP3.5 eh? or take it down like a good boy

i will not be drawn back here to respond about more bullshit

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Omega Knight said:
da_letter_a said:

I hereby DENY you permission to use cios-based dip modules, or any third party modifications of the cios's dip module (Hermes'), or any clones of cios's dip modules.

And you made them so you can do that...oh wait. Anyway, I frown upon SoftMii, cIOScorp and any guide involving "backups"

C

CasperH

Seriously, SoftMii is just a gay ass guide and nothing more.
You guys acty like you really are something but too bad, you aren't.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
techboy said:
Actually, bootmii/boot2 does provide protection without a backup. While a backup is certainly a great idea, it isn't the only way to use bootmii boot2 to fix a bricked wii.

If you uninstall a system menu IOS, you can always go to HBC via bootmii and use wad manager to reinstall it. Even a missing/uninstalled system menu can be fixed w/o a backup, although it is a little more involved than a wad install or a restore.

Sure you can if you haven't also screwed up the IOS that HBC uses, but you can't always got to HBC via bootmii, so that's not entirely correct...

My point was that it wouldn't take much effort to add a step to this "guide" that reads:

If you installed BootMii in boot2 create a NAND backup and store it in a safe place.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I already had a talk with waninkoko ages ago, and he knows that I'm using his DIP for the newer cIOSCORP, and he doesn't have a problem with it.

And yes, I talked to WiiBlaster about cIOSCORP v3.x, way back when it first came out, and he was happy that I was making a new cIOSCORP.

WiiBlaster passed cIOSCORP down to me! So, I AM the current developer of cIOSCORP!

I can't believe you took cIOSCORP v3.5 beta 1 and used it for this horrible wii-bricking guide.

gcunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running a version of Softmii for months. Was an easy installation and it's never given me any problems. It was at a time when before I had softmii I was booting games via the HBC - Softmii gave me an instant disc channel and booting of gamecube isos. It's since also loaded everything I've ever thrown at it, until GH5 that is.

It may well be dead now, I've been away from the scene and actually using my wii instead of on the never-ending trail of updating to the latest loaders etc, but it's given me a lot of hassle-free gaming time.

Not a fanboi, just sticking up for it a bit because whatever version I got of it was a good one.

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
I already had a talk with waninkoko ages ago, and he knows that I'm using his DIP for the newer cIOSCORP, and he doesn't have a problem with it.

And yes, I talked to WiiBlaster about cIOSCORP v3.x, way back when it first came out, and he was happy that I was making a new cIOSCORP.

WiiBlaster passed cIOSCORP down to me! So, I AM the current developer of cIOSCORP!

I can't believe you took cIOSCORP v3.5 beta 1 and used it for this horrible wii-bricking guide.

Look, you don't get it, from now on, you're NOT allowed to use them, we're revoking your permission to do so.
This isn't a discussion, take them down NOW.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I released RiskiiMod through 20clarky08, I would've liked to build in a kill switch. now its just a ridiculous imitation-bloatware package.

I only even "made" it so that digity and jizmo's temples wouldn't explode from not being able to do region-free disc channel softmods at the time, but now everyone can do it a couple ways and no one even cares, 'cause of usb loaders and badass neogamma....producing more garbage just further stains the easy, temp fix it was at one point in time.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omega Knight said:
da_letter_a said:

Look, you don't get it, from now on, you're NOT allowed to use them, we're revoking your permission to do so.
I'll revoke your face!

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Omega Knight said:
da_letter_a said:

who the fuck are you and what power do you have over cioscorp?
i dont see your name on the installers
i dont see your name in the readme
i dont see your name releasing the actual goods.

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bumping for more nerd-rage
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==