OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I just came here to ask a few questions regarding RetroArch for Wii:

1. Is there a way to compile it with support for the xmb menu driver? I think the rgui menu driver's GUI is an eyesore.
  2. Is there USB keyboard support? If so, how do I enable it? I want to type in cheats in Snes9x 2002 (It is the only SNES core that supports manual cheat entry according to docs.libretro.com) using a regular USB keyboard, since the on-screen keyboard is 'invisible' for some reason.
  3. If I can't use a USB keyboard because it is unsupported, wouldn't it technically be trivial to implement it using libwiikeyboard from libogc? I don't have hardly any coding expertise myself, so I won't be able to do it, but is anyone else able to do it?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
OP
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I just came here to ask a few questions regarding RetroArch for Wii:

1. Is there a way to compile it with support for the xmb menu driver? I think the rgui menu driver's GUI is an eyesore.
  2. Is there USB keyboard support? If so, how do I enable it? I want to type in cheats in Snes9x 2002 (It is the only SNES core that supports manual cheat entry according to docs.libretro.com) using a regular USB keyboard, since the on-screen keyboard is 'invisible' for some reason.
  3. If I can't use a USB keyboard because it is unsupported, wouldn't it technically be trivial to implement it using libwiikeyboard from libogc? I don't have hardly any coding expertise myself, so I won't be able to do it, but is anyone else able to do it?

I think I figured out how to 'enable' the xmb driver; just insert a new line at the end of line 189 of Makefile.griffin and edit it so that it looks like this:

upload_2018-7-1_18-31-7.png

Then compile it. I'm now getting the environment set up in order to compile it. I'll edit this post if it's successful.

kaisersozeh

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You could try using WiiFlow as a front end - not as functional but a lot prettier. If you want more functionality, both WiiFlow lite and Einstein's mod support arguments and both are in active development - go and ask, be specific - good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow