4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay I received my new 16GB G6DSR today (yippee).

There are some things strange though.

Firstly, some games are detected as homebrew (eg. Moero, Mario Kart, etc) and these are displayed by the homebrew icon, and subsequently they do not load. Is this just a case of corruption?

Secondly, for those who use NDStation, how do you make your .nds files show their icons. That is, is it possible for the G6R to display homebrew icons instead of the generic file logo?

Thanks

EDIT: Additionally, the files through NDStation do not load. 3in1 Tool however does, but the icon isn't shown for this either.

jerbob92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
try overwriting them, use the old firmware it don't happens there to often
wink.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay I thought it might have been that
smile.gif

The games work now (haven't tried them, but the icons load, so I'm assuming it will work).

Just another question then to help me answer my original question: are homebrew files meant to show icons? For example, 3in1 tool has the red and yellow icon (don't exactly remember it anymore), but on the G6R it shows the generic homebrew icon.

Also, does anybody know how to get NDStation to work with 16Gb G6R
frown.gif
?

jerbob92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, homebrew always show that icon, i just don't get why G6 just didn't make a own icon for corrupted ones, example a image like: a big X in it

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuck. Shit

I might as well sell this now

edit: hopefully the G6 team does something to fix this shit up. I've just spent like an hour creating little icons for NDStation.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I have been interested in G6, however homebrew management is really freaking putting me off right now.

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
G6 team is working on a firmware to fix the 16Gb. They really need to up on the user cusomization if they want to get their card to sell more. The internal memory isn't going to hold its own.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep homebrew on the G6R is pretty stuffed right now. The customization is larger than most cards though (eg. R4).

My main worry is how fast they will fix download play and, more importantly, homebrew related stuffs

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, R4 has a largely customizable skin system, whereas the G6 is pretty limited to one screen, and limited menu customization.

However, the interface is top-notch, I'll give them that.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually, R4 has a largely customizable skin system, whereas the G6 is pretty limited to one screen, and limited menu customization.

However, the interface is top-notch, I'll give them that.

Well in terms of what you can actually do with the skins, I'd say that the G6R is more powerful. Remember that R4 only uses 4 bmp files for the entire GUI, so there's not much you can do with it.

If the G6R had a large skinning community like the R4 has, I don't see why it couldn't easily surpass the R4 in customization.

-poyZ!

Trophies
XP
Country
This is really a non issue... The stock standard interface to the G6REAL is effective in allowing you to load every rom out there, so surely you can do without the pda/etc.. you have this ds to play games right? The download play is overrated as well. If you have a flashcard, surely your friends have seen the benefit of owning one too... Who realistically wants a stupid demo uploaded to their ds when the alternative is them having a full install on their own flashcard.

G6real rocks, skins etc are nothing more than eye candy too, what do you care other than loading your latest mario game?!? hehe.

Ciao!

... the proud owner of 2 g6real 16gbits
smile.gif

PanzerWF

Trophies
Website
zetta.l4rge.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have been interested in G6, however homebrew management is really freaking putting me off right now.

Same here, I've been taking a shining to the G6 Real. But I thought homebrew was not a major concern for the G6. They have an auto-patcher and a manual DLDI patch so no matter what homebrew works right?

And what do you mean by management? Is it just the icon that's messed up? Or is there something else that's annoying with homebrew and the G6 Real?

HellShade

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is really a non issue... The stock standard interface to the G6REAL is effective in allowing you to load every rom out there, so surely you can do without the pda/etc.. you have this ds to play games right? The download play is overrated as well. If you have a flashcard, surely your friends have seen the benefit of owning one too... Who realistically wants a stupid demo uploaded to their ds when the alternative is them having a full install on their own flashcard.

G6real rocks, skins etc are nothing more than eye candy too, what do you care other than loading your latest mario game?!? hehe.

Ciao!

... the proud owner of 2 g6real 16gbits
smile.gif

Actually, the biggest problem is only that the G6 uses two different font colors, instead of standard black.

This causes problems for skinning, believe it or not.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
so surely you can do without the pda/etc.. you have this ds to play games right? The download play is overrated as well.

I use my DS approximately 65% for games and 35% for homebrew.

It's pretty important to me. Also homebrew icons can't even be displayed properly.

And they promised download play. I expect people to keep their promises, not alter them ie. "perfect downlaod compatability" to "the highest download play compatability"and by now the second one is completely wrong too. we have s-one and r4 with perfect DL play.

And i want to be able to skin the top image. And fix the other skinning problems.

and i know i repeated it in my other topic, but can someone test what results this gives? It'd be greatly appreciated.
http://www.pineight.com/gba/cf_bench.zip
(source: http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=13862)

so that i can get an indication of the G6's memory speed. (in figures not words)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp