Gaming Sonic classic Collection DS Hmm?! 0.o

Genesis or NDS: Which to play some Sonic?

• I'll dust off my Genesis

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I'll deal with the NDS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You know about the "Sonic Mega Collection," right?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis for 360 and Ps3 its only $20 and has 40 Genesis games including sonic 1,2,3, and sonic and knuckles only bad thing is no lock on

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
granville said:
Considering how this is an emulation, i doubt they could include Knuckles Chaotix. It requires a pretty decent computer to run under emulation. At least, far faster than what the DS can handle. Actually, that game has never been remade, ported, or put in an official emulator to this day. As for Sonic Advance, why? Either way, it's milking one franchise or another. And you can't still play those if you have a DS Phat or Lite.

Kega Fusion for PC plays Knuckles Chaotix just fine. Just sayin'
I know, i said officially. 32x was the only system it was ever made for. And Fusion requires a PC somewhere near 1ghz to play Knuckles Chaotix well enough. Even that wasn't enough for my old Pentium 3 laptop sometimes, as it lagged. I'm saying DS probably couldn't handle an emulated version. Port though...

Kind of a letdown that they couldn't put Chaotix in Gems Collection either, maybe even ps2/gc/xbox couldn't handle it or some stupid shit... Oh well, enjoying it in Fusion.
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another problem is that development time and budget are always much more limited for handhelds. They're forced to find the cheapest and quickest ways to put games on handhelds. All the companies do this......some just manage their time and resources better than others.

To be honest, I don't think SCC would have been as good if they would have tried to port the code instead of just emulating it. Everyone would have complained about SCC no matter how it came out.

I'm enjoying SCC for what it is. The last time I really played these games was way back when they were new in stores. It's nice to have an on-the-go version, even if it's not 100% perfect. It's still fun to play.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SinR said:
yo dawg i heard you like emulators, so i put an emulator in your NDS game so you can emulate Sonic the Hedgehog on your NDS

thats pretty much all this is. one emulator.

It's an emulator that's for retail. Sega didn't make the game to compete with JenesisDS. They made the game to give Sonic games to consumers, aka people who buy games, aka people who don't use flashcarts, aka people who don't use emulators. People seem to forget that and bash it for it.

My full review is here. For those who don't want to read...

- The game is aimed at bringing older Sonic titles to a newer generation who didn't experience Sonic, not to please Sonic purists.
- A good way to bring Sonic on-the-go
- If you have a better method of playing these games, whether it be on their native systems, other platforms (like Sega Genesis Collection for the PSP which has great emulations of Sonic 1 and 2 or buying them through the Virtual Console), then you should stick to that. If the DS is your sole platform or your only portable platform and you want to play these games, this is a good choice.
- Not perfect emulations, but the games still keep high framerate most of the time and are still more than decent emulations.
- As long as the games are playable, who gives two shits about how they're playable? People bitch about Sega being lazy by outsourcing to JenesisDS and other crap like that, but in the process forget that these games play more than fine and that the games are still great.
- Overall, 8/10.

gozza

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
awesome
i remember the times when you could stick your sonic 2 or 3 module on the sonic and knuckles one!

and then you can.... play the sonic 2 and 3 levels with knuckels!!!!!!!!1111 isnt that great? xD

knuckles.jpg

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gozza said:
awesome
i remember the times when you could stick your sonic 2 or 3 module on the sonic and knuckles one!

and then you can.... play the sonic 2 and 3 levels with knuckels!!!!!!!!1111 isnt that great? xD

knuckles.jpg
LOL Yes it is , I still have that
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: get ready to be thrown out of the window