Sonic SatAM (Season 3 Project)

Robert Newbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic SatAM) is currently being revived through a fan project called "Team Sea3on."

For those that are unaware, Sonic the Hedgehog had two cartoons back in the 90's: The comedic Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and the darker Saturday morning cartoon: Sonic the Hedgehog. The Saturday morning series became known as "Sonic SatAM" by fans, and it had a cult following that grew over the years. Unfortunately, Sonic SatAM was cancelled after its second season, leaving the show on a cliffhanger. Fans have taken it upon themselves to fully animate and voice a theoretical third season.

What are people's thoughts on this project?

Reactions: zfreeman

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
No replies in this? I used to watch the cartoon back in the days (but was more fond of the adventures one and it was longer), though I lost memory of most of it since.

@Luke94 probably knows all about this though

Robert Newbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think nobody here cares about Sonic satam
Hahaha, when you make topics, you hope for some engagement. If it's too obscure, it'll get some views but no replies. I remember only catching one or two episodes of Sonic SatAM, but in the late-2000's, demand started to grow for more information about the show's cancellation and potential third season. I'm not super invested, but I was curious if others here were.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i loved the show (also there were 3 sonic cartoons in the 90's(?) (could be wrong) the third being Sonic Underground it was mmostly unknown to many fans in the states (I think it was a canadian cartoon similar to reboot

LeoTCK

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
i loved the show (also there were 3 sonic cartoons in the 90's(?) (could be wrong) the third being Sonic Underground it was mmostly unknown to many fans in the states (I think it was a canadian cartoon similar to reboot
Yes it was in the late 90s and its developement is kind of mess but its not bad, except some of the songs are tiring....
and cringy...but also that new Knuckles show was full on cringy for almost two episodes straight so that says hardly anything.

And yea it was never concluded even the comic conclusion thing was cancelled and there's just fan project conclusion comic.

Luke94

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes it was in the late 90s and its developement is kind of mess but its not bad, except some of the songs are tiring....
and cringy...but also that new Knuckles show was full on cringy for almost two episodes straight so that says hardly anything.

And yea it was never concluded even the comic conclusion thing was cancelled and there's just fan project conclusion comic.
And especially original Sonic movie plus sequel got scenes of very cringy dances.

Robert Newbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Underground has an even more obscure following than SatAM, but after a short search, Sonic Universe Online #50 is said to contain its finale. So, provided there's closure there, fans have something.

I think Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog ended on a positive note. Going from memory, the Chaos Emerald arc was as serious as the show got, and that resolution set conditions back to zero, like always.

I'm starting to see fans that grew up on Sonic X start to speak out. Apparently, it was well-liked. It had 78 episodes, 3 seasons total, and eight sagas. I believe it resolved everything, but I only saw a couple episodes in my time.

Sonic Boom went for 104 episodes, which is huge. I never watched it, so I have no idea if it resolved its plot threads. Any fans have a rundown? @Luke94

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...