Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Look what I just found in GayGamer:

sonicunleashed05.jpg

sonicunleashed10.jpg

The article says there's still no word about the platform(s) or release date, but it looks a lot like that game Sonic and the Secret Rings so my money is on Wii and then maybe XBox 360 and PS3 too. Not that I care since I'm yet to play a good 3D Sonic game, but I thought the screenshots looked nice.
Link to the full article: New Shots Of Sonic Unleashed.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks pretty nice, hope the loading times are worked on. The last one for the 360 had terribly long loading screen times. On a side note, standing ovation for linking to GayGamer. Whether your comfortable in your skin, comfortable in your manhood or both, I applaud.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've lost all faith in Sonic games. The last good game he was in was Brawl, but of his own games? I'd have to say Sonic Adventure. The first one, for Dreamcast. That game blew me away. After that, it was all the same, with more nonsense crammed in. I didn't play too much of Rush Adventure since it didn't hook me really, but it seemed like an ok game... But man... Poor sonic. He doesn't deserve this kind of treatment.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The majority of the shots seem to be pre-rendered cutscenes. But the gameplay shots have graphics that are totally do-able on the Wii. I sure hope so at least. I want to play it.

4playgaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the screens, I have a feeling they are from an Xbox 360 or PS3 build rather than the Wii. The draw distance looks good and backgrounds are quite detailed.. Everything looks smooth and sleek with AA.

This actually looks good.. But the last good sonic 3D game I played was Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast, so call me a skeptic still I suppose.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gaisuto said:
Here's some actual Gameplay. Got me excited. Please don't let me down again...
Wow, that looks really, really awesome
biggrin.gif
I hope they won't screw this one up again... I want a really good, perfect Sonic-game for the Wii Sega!

falcon64z8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As of late Sonic was bad in the console, but the DS version were pretty fun! Lets see how they do this one and you know what would make it even better is that if this new sonic had a custom level editor where we can make our own levels and share them with others...

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks alot like a 3D Sonic Rush. Im kinda having mixed feelings about it right now. Sonic's recent history of games have been horrible, so hopefully this one doesn't go down the same path.
The game looks pretty hi-res if you ask me, I doubt this is on Wii, but don't take my word on it.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'd prefer to get sonic adventure 3 instead of 2d and 3d gameplay, but still looks interesting. Could be actually good. Hopefully sega doesn't screw it up.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holy crap
ohmy.gif
That video has just gotten me REALLY excited for this. Please don't be an April Fools joke
frown.gif

This is kind of how I envisioned the type of game I wanted Sonic Team to make. This looks really nice to me. Side scrolling but with fancy 3D graphics. Looks like they've thrown in 3D battle/puzzle type parts to keep the game fresh and more appealing to the new demographic.

Happy looking non-emo Sonic - CHECK
No stupid bestiality princesses or human NPCS - CHECK (so far)
Bright blue skies - CHECK
Bright and cheerful levels - CHECK
Lots of loop de loops - CHECK
biggrin.gif

I hope they don't screw this up. Looks like the shameful next-gen Sonic has made them rethink their strategy a bit.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hopefully they`ve played Sonic 3 & Knuckles (or the two DS games--> a bit faster then the Genesis games. But still had some good plattforming) before developing this. Otherwise we might get a Sonic Rivals (pseudo Racing-Game in Sonic-2D-look-->I don`t like it) for homeconsoles...

But looks really promising! Sonic needed a new direction...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: call sps