Hacking Spirit Tracks working perfectly with latest loader.

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
phoenixclaws said:
EU's protection is somehow a little different and hasn't been cracked yet.

Thank you, so I'm not dumb!
grog.gif

I'll just wait.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
OK may be a bit of a silly question but....

Is there a way to convert the Hacked 'Zelda:Spirit track' sav file from another flashcard (i.e. m3i0) to work with Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5 (with updated loader) ??

I can't just copy it over as when starting Z:ST it comes up with 'corrupt save file' message & it has to re-make it - losing my saved progress (incidentally I have tried 'Shuny' converter but it doesn't work)

The reason ?? - I've been playing Z:ST on my m3i0 (I'm up to the Ocean Realm) using the Hacked ROM & sav file, but thought I'll give the AK2i another chance since it seems to be the only card that works on a clean ROM (& I DO like clean ROMS)

It originally kept 'locking up' on Nintendo Health screen when I used it on my DSLite - hence the reason for getting another card,but I've now got a DSi & 'upgraded' the Ak2i - hence the 'giving it another chance'

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Is there a way to convert the Hacked 'Zelda:Spirit track' sav file from another flashcard (i.e. m3i0) to work with Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.5 (with updated loader) ??
I can't just copy it over as when starting Z:ST it comes up with 'corrupt save file' message & it has to re-make it - losing my saved progress (incidentally I have tried 'Shuny' converter but it doesn't work)
Backup the save file. Try setting the save type to 8M in AKAIO or try the tool mentioned here: http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=8830&p=2#13

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
logical thinker said:
CannonFoddr said:
Backup the save file. Try setting the save type to 8M in AKAIO or try the tool mentioned here: http://www.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=8830&p=2#13
Thanks for the info - altering AKAIO to 8M seems to do the trick (the tool on the other hand seems to tell me 'its not needed to convert')

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
using rpg, latest akaio and latest rpg loader. was first playing w/o latest loaders and default save type, realized that train controls wasnt working, put on new loader, controls working, and i had changed save file to 8m, but never deleted old save file, now as im playing with new loader and 8m save file, i get corrupted save file, slot 2 after around the first dungeon boss which i didnt care as i used slot one and just kept on playing, but the next day when i got to the snow peaks or whatever its called, my slot 1 corrupted as well....why? would i be safe in just deleting the old save file and starting over making sure its set to 8m or should something different be done, oh and my rom is trimmed by ndstokyo but its not patched

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an acekard2i and the newest loader bit my game freezes when I try to enter the next train are after the first. How can I fix this white screen.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm this is odd. Just updated to latest loaders.... Spirit tracks works fine.... hmmmmm someone posted the newest loaders breaks Spirit Tracks. Well this just goes to show you, you can't believe what you read on the internet.

~ Jon

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jonjon95 said:
Hmmmm this is odd. Just updated to latest loaders.... Spirit tracks works fine.... hmmmmm someone posted the newest loaders breaks Spirit Tracks. Well this just goes to show you, you can't believe what you read on the internet.

~ Jon

Bullshit, both EU and US versions are working fine at last loader.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yuan said:
jonjon95 said:

~ Jon

Bullshit, both EU and US versions are working fine at last loader.
Yeah, that was me...

It worked again after re-downloading AKAIO and the ROM so one of those must have become corrupted at some point. I'm glad I didn't report it as a fault - Normmatt and Smiths would have fucking murdered me.

I'll get my coat...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
So if I manually set the save to 8mb and start a new game I wont have any problems? I don't need to download a pre-made save or anything?

Only played for about 15 mins so I'll start again rather than risk losing my save after hours of play.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
So if I manually set the save to 8mb and start a new game I wont have any problems? I don't need to download a pre-made save or anything?

Only played for about 15 mins so I'll start again rather than risk losing my save after hours of play.
If you're using AKAIO 1.5 - Yes it should work (I actually had a 3mi0 'hacked' sav which I copied over which didn't work until I change AKAIO to '8m' - then it worked fine)

Actually I've also had some success in 'converting' the other way - a Ak2i (non-AKAIO) sav into a larger one that'll work on the m3i0

> You'll need a hex editor (I used 'HxD')
> Load in your AK2 sav (the smaller sized one)
> Load in ALSO one of the Modified larger 'sav' files
(The 1M sized one - I used the one from M3i0 'fix' thread but I guess any 'large' sav will do)
> Copy ALL the info from the 'small' AK2 sav
> Paste/Write (overwriting the original information) in the Larger sav file
> Save the new 'modified' larger sav

The person I did this for tells me it worked perfectly on his M3i0 (with Sakura 1.44 3rd & Touchpod 4.7x)
see This post for request & This post for result

ekolimits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO how come i am getting a white screen when i try to enter the second railroad map? i havent tried any different savegame settings yet just want to know if anyone else is getting this too.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
my saves files keep corrupting for some odd reason, as ive said, using akrpg akaio 1.5, still on 12/4 loader though, tried 8M, auto/default save, and 64M save size, rom is trimmed using ndstokyo, and quite frankly im sick of having to replay the damn game, normatt & smith, where are you when i need you? cause im lost. it seems as if it always corrupts the save slot 2 in game first, and then corrupts the slot one a short while after

TudorBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DaMummy said:
my saves files keep corrupting for some odd reason, as ive said, using akrpg akaio 1.5, still on 12/4 loader though, tried 8M, auto/default save, and 64M save size, rom is trimmed using ndstokyo, and quite frankly im sick of having to replay the damn game, normatt & smith, where are you when i need you? cause im lost. it seems as if it always corrupts the save slot 2 in game first, and then corrupts the slot one a short while after

use an clean rom, download the latest loader and make sure you sert the save type as 8M. Mine works like a dream without any problems

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
TudorBlue said:
DaMummy said:
use an clean rom, download the latest loader and make sure you sert the save type as 8M. Mine works like a dream without any problems
Same here..considering I had nothing but sav problems & AK2i locking up on health screen more than twice every day (that's why I went & got a M3i0) since I've come back to AK & upgraded loaders - it's been find since (& that's been 2 weeks)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I think it's why I'm alive +1