Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
elmore said:
I have managed to get the game to load up but my screen is like is split in half both with the same picture except the bottom half is green, sound confusing i know here is a link of a picture i took of it for you,

http://mar11c.imghost.us/N5Pu.jpg

PLEASE HELP!!
You should try to change the video mode with WIIVMC to 480p instead of the 480i (don't know what option it is).
smile.gif

QUOTE(Nelle @ Mar 12 2008, 09:46 PM)ok thats so far what i tried with wiinja v2:
Both of them are done with the _udpdate modify, video change mode and region frii

+R DL Verbatim @ 3x without balil's remover 001 error but with the layerbrek thing = error 001
-R DL Verbatim @ 3x Removing the 001 error with balil's patch but without the layerbreak (img burn said it couldn't be done on -R DL) = error 001

Should i try +R removing the error 001(i've run out of it XD) ? with or without the layerbreak? and is there any other way to fix the 001 other the balil tool?
sorry for so much question but i want to play soooo bad
thx advance
Burn it again on a DVD+R DL following my 16-step guide and with layer break at 2,4x. Then it should work.
smile.gif

Akiranon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Works fine here. Using a Wiikey with 1.9g firmware on a 3.2E Wii. Used a Verbatim DVD-R DL (made in singapore) burned at 4x, removed the #001 error and the update just to be sure.

Only the masterpieces don't work apparently, movies play fine.

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
bubbleboy said:
I used prophets file, and baili's tool, burned onto a DVD-R DL, works perfectly.
Wiikey? A bit more info please. DVD-R DL didn't seem to work over here.

Posts merged

I edited Gangboy's manual a little bit... isn't the layer break adjustment needed for Wiikey?

SSBB NTSC-U works on my Wii Pal 3.2E at 60Hz with WiiKey 1.9G

Here's what I did:

1) Open Trucha and extract __update.inf (1st Partition).
2) Use the WiiUpdatePatcher0.2 and patch the extracted __update.inf
3) Replace the old __update.inf with the patched __update.inf
4) Extract main.dol (2nd Partition).
5) Use the WiiVMC2.2 and drag the extracted main.dol to wii-vmc.exe
6) Then choose option B (Brute Patcher) and then choose option 2 (for 60Hz for PAL).
7) Replace the old main.dol with the patched main.dol
8) Trucha Sign both of the partitions (right click on the paritions).
9) Use RegionFrii to change the region from USA to PAL.
... Experts advise Verbatim DVD+R DL (not -R) and IMGBurn at 2.4x or 4x (not 1x) to burn with!
10) Burn with adjusted layer break: TOOLS > SETTINGS > Write > Layer Break > User Specified: 2084960
11) Put the game in your Wii at 60Hz. If it wants to, let it update. No Worries. Then start the game.
... The first 3 loading screens will appear flickery, during 25 seconds.
12) If the SSBB menu screen is still flickery, find the SSBB options menu and turn off Deflicker.
... The game should now be full screen during fights with your PAL Wii on 60Hz.
13) Enjoy the game!

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Papayo said:
Works fine here. Using a Wiikey with 1.9g firmware on a 3.2E Wii. Used a Verbatim DVD-R DL (made in singapore) burned at 4x, removed the #001 error and the update just to be sure.

Only the masterpieces don't work apparently, movies play fine.
Ah yes. Didn't see those didn't work. Disk crashes. Oh well doesn't matter. Wouldn't have played those trials anyway.

lombers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Viictoriio said:
Does this happen when you use the 16 steps on previous pages?

I patched it with GenericWiiPatcher and my Wii is on 480i/60Hz. The Safety & load screens flicker untill the intro kicks in. Anyway to get rid of this so that the game really looks like a nice PAL game?
smile.gif

I didn't need to follow the guide, I had already run the update with the NTSC-J version using trucha signer and Bailli's patcher, so I just brickblocked this game and ran it.

The guide doesn't make a difference for me as I have an LCD which is capable of displaying both 50Hz and 60Hz, and the game runs fine. I just turned deflicker off as it looks way better.

But this still suffers the same as the NTSC-J version. Regardless of if you set your Wii to 480P or 480i, when the game launches and you get to the Brawl Main Menu, it will go back (or stay) at 480i.

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now and then I get the Disk could not be Read message on the green screen. Is is just random?

Got it 2 times in about 6 hours of play. Seems to happen between menu screens.

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gangboy said:
SSBB NTSC-U works on my Wii Pal 3.2E with WiiKey 1.9G

Here's what I did:

1) Open Trucha and extract __update.inf (1st Partition)
2) Use the WiiUpdatePatcher0.2 and patch the extracted __update.inf
3) Replace the old __update.inf with the patched __update.inf
4) Extract main.dol (2nd Partition)
5) Use the WiiVMC2.2 and drag the extracted main.dol to wii-vmc.exe
6) Then choose option B (Brute Patcher) and then choose option 2 (for 60Hz for PAL)
7) Replace the old main.dol with the patched main.dol
8) Trucha Sign both of the partitions (right click on the paritions)
9) Use RegionFrii to change the region from USA to PAL
10) Burn it on your favourite DVD+R DL (I use Arita DVD+R DL, which works fine) at 4x with IMGBurn
11) Put the game in your Wii and let it update to 100% then start the game
12) If the video mode is flickery and messed up at start, you can change it by the following instructions:
13) Press start after the intro ends (or you end it yourself). Then move down, 1 to the right, press A, press A again (you'll be in video mode 4:3 and 16:9)
14) Choose 4:3 or 16:9 (desired to your own tv screen)
15) Then turn on Deflicker for a more quiet view of the screen
16) You can now play the game!

I haven't tested other video modes with WIIVMC, changing it is at your own risc!

Hope this helps some ppl out.
smile.gif

Finally some good help! What file did you use, the WiiZARD file, or the Afterdawn iso?

I'm almost finished with the afterdawn file, so I hope this trick works on my D2Ckey

zoomin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I've got a pretty weird problem i think.
Im using a Pal console and Brawl loads well enough. But if the wii is in 480i mode, I can hear the opening movie playing fine but their is no picture. It doesnt appear after the movie is skipped either. Ive tried changing the video mode to 480i and 480p as well as leaving it as the default using WiiVMC but only 480i displayed anything and the picture was flying across the screen over and over again. Ive also tried changing the wii itselfs video mode to 576i which works but the cutscenes always jittering and in the fsubspace embissary seems to run in slow motion

It did run normally in the menus and in the training mode under 576i but i really have no idea what is going on... I want to get 480i to work because it seems to play smoothly from what i can hear but I either cant get a picture or its just not playable. I also tried changing to a different tv but got exactly the same results...

Im using a wiikey with 1.9g and ive updated my firmware with the official update as well as the one from the disc using prophets inf file but I havent had any errors besides the display so I presume the burning and everything else went well.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Viictoriio said:
bubbleboy said:
I used prophets file, and baili's tool, burned onto a DVD-R DL, works perfectly.
Wiikey? A bit more info please. DVD-R DL didn't seem to work over here.

Posts merged

Yes, wiikey and no-name cheap -R. I actually got a disc read error, just ejected and reinserted the disc and it was fine from then on. I WILL go and buy a Verbatim disc though, don't want to ruin my laser!

juicy_mokro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok let me get this straight!.. ( i have a pal wii, wiikey version 1.9b wii version 3.2E)
i need to download super smash wiizard..
then if its done patch it with regionfrii and burn it with imgburn??
thats too good to be true??
unsure.gif

MAGUS.. if the game starts slowly you must reboot the wii or go to the masterpieces and then you will go to home and then its gone.
the fludd and squirtle thing dont know what to do about it.
i have that problem to with the jap version

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well guys i don't know where to post this so i'll ask here... i got a working copy DL on a wiikey... problem is the game freeze when mario uses FLUDD or squirtle uses his special attacks... i also can't see some part of the bottom screen and sometime the game starts in slow-mo (pretty weird) anything i can do to solve these problems?

Viictoriio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zoomin said:
Hey I've got a pretty weird problem i think.
Ive tried changing the video mode to 480i and 480p as well as leaving it as the default using WiiVMC but only 480i displayed anything and the picture was flying across the screen over and over again.
That's correct! Use VMC to force 480i (option b, 2.). The game will flicker, turn OFF deflicker in the options menu of brawl and your game is ok. Wii at 60hz.

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The guy who wrote this 16-step plan in this topic made it for Wiikey... does this also mean that this is neseccery for D2Ckey?

And I don't get it... I also read that and NTSC update on PAL bricks your system... but now I am supposed to let the game put a NTSC update on the system :?

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
hmmmmm i got a question.
in imgburn i just select the iso and insert the dvd+dl disc? or i need to configure it to make it recognize its a dl
ohmy.gif
?
i run wiikey 1.9g 3.2E 15% trick with ntsc-j game.

junp3i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magus said:
well guys i don't know where to post this so i'll ask here... i got a working copy DL on a wiikey... problem is the game freeze when mario uses FLUDD or squirtle uses his special attacks... i also can't see some part of the bottom screen and sometime the game starts in slow-mo (pretty weird) anything i can do to solve these problems?

ok, you have set your wii to 50hz to play the game. To stop these crashs. goto the option menu in Brawl and turn Flicker thing OFF. then change your wii to 60hz.

This way you are in Brawl at60hz with Flicker off. the crashs will not occur like this
biggrin.gif

Shinoken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does the 16 step-plan work for the Brawl USA version from Afterdawn, named as -emcubed?

If not, could someone who did it with that version, tell us (the people who have the -emcubed/afterdawn version) what to do?

Oh and, I'm new here but I already love GBATemp now, so many people from my country too.

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Frankdj said:
The guy who wrote this 16-step plan in this topic made it for Wiikey... does this also mean that this is neseccery for D2Ckey?

And I don't get it... I also read that and NTSC update on PAL bricks your system... but now I am supposed to let the game put a NTSC update on the system :?
In theory it should work on all modchips with this method. I myself only have a Wii with WiiKey installed in it, that's why I can only verify if it works on that particular modchip.
smile.gif

Patching the __update.inf removes all the updates which can cause the bricking of your system. It just let it thinks it's updating.
smile.gif

QUOTE(Shinoken @ Mar 12 2008, 06.55 PM)Does the 16 step-plan work for the Brawl USA version from Afterdawn, named as -emcubed?

If not, could someone who did it with that version, tell us (the people who have the -emcubed/afterdawn version) what to do?

Oh and, I'm new here but I already love GBATemp now, so many people from my country too.
I used the Wiizard release for my iso.
Also this in theory should work. You just need to follow the steps in my guide and it should work. No garranties ofcourse
wink2.gif

You ppl should test it out and see what your experiences are and note them in this topic.
smile.gif

Nelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
now it works...FINALLY!! the game rocks!!!

but sometime in the subspace emissary during the movie i get "the disc could not be read" error...is this because on the laser?
can i clean it by myself??

FISHERMAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is really bugging me as im playing on my PC monitor via a component - vga adapter which will only read the wii in 480p! When brawl boots up i lose the signal to my monitor
cry.gif

I have thesame problem with xcm 1080 adapter and my samsung 206bw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Caller -"Everytime I start a Pc game on my S24, playing on a external monitor, someone calls or...