Steam$#!%

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I do not want to hijack Vidboy10's Steam post too much, so I just make my own here.
Fat D said:
Hells Malice said:
Just buy TF2 and CSS and live a happy life.
Wish it were that easy for me. But I just got confirmation that if I were to buy CS:S, surrender animations would be built into the low-violence version my region is forced to swallow. Yes, that means that someone who just got an AWM bullet in his head will carefully move towards the ground, lie down an put their hands behind their back. I am not against reduced blood and gore, but this is so awful that I cannot help but rage against the German rating board and refuse to buy any crap that has been so awfully mutilated to get a better rating.
I am currently looking for a way to get a foreign version of the game, but it looks like unless I somehow find a trustworthy friend in a foreign country that can buy the game and send it to me via the steam gift system AND a way to pay him back via means I trust, I would have to buy a retail copy in a foreign country, which would either involve going there or unnecessary shipping fees, and I would very much prefer CS Complete as a bundle instead of the Source Multiplayer Pack.
This is how it looks like:

Thanks to Delta517 for finding the video.

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
..................... Pfffwhahahahaha
rofl.gif

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
alphajaehoon said:
rofl.gif

QUOTE(dudeonline @ Aug 26 2010, 02:18 AM) I just seriously made water come out of my nose. that shits hilarious.
And that is why I keep looking for a way to get the real deal.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
alphajaehoon said:
rofl.gif

QUOTE(dudeonline @ Aug 26 2010, 02:18 AM) I just seriously made water come out of my nose. that shits hilarious.
If I could, I'd gladly help you do this, and I doubt there aren't a few others here who would as well. Nobody should have to play a game with THIS kind of....god....what do they call this level of censorship?
Are any other games like this?

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Advice Fox said:
Fat D said:
alphajaehoon said:
rofl.gif

If I could, I'd gladly help you do this, and I doubt there aren't a few others here who would as well. Nobody should have to play a game with THIS kind of....god....what do they call this level of censorship?
Are any other games like this?
I think they call it USK, no wait, that is our rating board. And BPjM is what enforces it. And Valve are the ones that are apparently obsessed with giving us nothing but a version aimed at getting a 16+ rating.

Feels Good Man, I know that they cannot just go ahead and sell a version that was not rated for minors to them, but to my knowledge, the laws on youth protection can only govern sales to people below 18 and the degree of public advertisement. I am not trying to bash Valve for conforming to our laws (even though I mentioned them as a part of this offense against my stomach above), I am trying to vent my frustration. Their support is actually fairly cooperative when it comes to this, on a similar issue with TF2 (which I find far more acceptable, given both the silliness of the censor and the comic theme of the game) one of them recommended that I should import a retail copy.

Fox, thank you for your offer, but I do not think we are close enough to trust each other with monetary transactions, and I doubt I would be able to pay you for the game without horrendous transaction fees anyway, so I am afraid there is not much you can do.

The German community appears to have a fix for it, but it dates back to 2005 and the last news I have seen about them were from 2007, so I do not know whether it will work with the current state of the games (especially since the Steam-bought version was not flagged as low-violence in the old days), and with the full price, I judge this as too big of a risk. Maybe I will still get it if there is an awesome sale on it, and it will be worth it for the models and materials (due to the GMod content unlocked by that) alone if it fails.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I able to gift a game already on my Steam account? I bought it, and found out my computer can't run it as well as I wanted it to. I would give it to you if I was able to do that.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sterl500 said:
Am I able to gift a game already on my Steam account? I bought it, and found out my computer can't run it as well as I wanted it to. I would give it to you if I was able to do that.
Once a game is tied to a Steam account it can not be transferred to another Steam account.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
this is so lame... that sucks Germany...
what about L4D2... is it also as sucky as the Australian version?

Fat D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep - the same low violence deal for everyone with a crappy ratings system, be it overly sensitive for violence like here, or capping off somewhere in the middle of a teenager's growth like with you guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i tried just yuzu so far, not even played, just open the game to see if it run
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: emo