Strange TwilightMenu++ GBA error

possumeaterofficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently I downloaded TwilightMenu so I could play some old DS games from my childhood. However I recently discovered it can play GBA games as well, so I downloaded a few and attempted to open them up. But whenever I do I get this error.
IMG_20230119_101343.jpg

This doesn't occur on DS games, only GBA. I have nds-bootstrap so it has to be some other issue. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I downloaded TwilightMenu so I could play some old DS games from my childhood. However I recently discovered it can play GBA games as well, so I downloaded a few and attempted to open them up. But whenever I do I get this error.
View attachment 348200
This doesn't occur on DS games, only GBA. I have nds-bootstrap so it has to be some other issue. Can anyone tell me what's going on here?
Where & how did you download TWilightMenu?
Well you probably missing some files, best to use Universal-Updater to update it, and reinstall files/folders that're missing..
Just scan the qr code in fbi, it should install Universal-Updater. Make sure you're connected to the internet btw.

Reactions: possumeaterofficial

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
If you got a 3ds, you should use open agb firm, cias or mgba, maybe it needs the gba bios for work

possumeaterofficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where & how did you download TWilightMenu?
Well you probably missing some files, best to use Universal-Updater to update it, and reinstall files/folders that're missing..
Just scan the qr code in fbi, it should install Universal-Updater. Make sure you're connected to the internet btw.
i just downloaded the zip file on the official website where it's kept, a github page i think? i suppose it's possible that some folder is missing, but i re-downloaded the zip file onto my computer to double check and nothing is missing from it. i can try to update though, see if that fixes anything.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got a 3ds, you should use open agb firm, cias or mgba, maybe it needs the gba bios for work
I don't think gba bios is a necessity for GBArunner2 to work, atleast it was the case few releases ago.. But yeah, i too highly recommend using injects (with NSUI) or Open_agb_firm when it comes to playing gba games on the 3DS.

Reactions: possumeaterofficial

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
View attachment 348200
Technically it can play GBA games (IIRC it uses gbarunner2) but it's not perfect, you'd be much better off using the GBA VC feature of the 3DS that runs games in a native GBA mode, with perfect compatibility (minus the games that needed extra hardware in the GBA cart like a tilt sensor)
Or if you want extra features like save states and cheats, you can use an emulator in 3DS-mode, like mGBA.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't already fixed it, nds-bootstrap-hb-release.nds is missing from sdmc:/_nds/. If you downloaded TWiLightMenu.7z instead of TWiLightMenu-3DS.7z make sure you copied everything from the 3DS and DSi&3DS folders as well. Or just get the 3DS 7z and copy _nds.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1