• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 3,512
  • Replies 20
D

Deleted_171835

OP

^click the image to see it bigger​
The following information comes from a Famitsu interview with producer Yoshinori Ono...

"We thought about a DS or PSP port when we were considering porting SSFIV to a portable system, but neither system would've been able to produce a port that I would be satisfied with. That's around the time when the 3DS was announced to us, and we decided that we could produce Street Fighter on that system well enough that everything fun about the series would shine through. There was also the fact that we could use all of its network abilities to help gamers communicate with each other."

"We're in the midst of a trial-and-error process, throwing ideas around the development team for things that'd be neat to work with in 3D. The system itself is still purely SSFIV -- we're thinking about ways 3D can be used in the visuals instead."

- all 35 characters to be included

"We don't have any intention of pandering to children here. We'd rather make a game that a kid wants to strive to become better at. Of course, we'd like to make it a little more accessible since it's not on a home console, but we're not thinking about kids so much as people who stopped playing SF after the Super NES version. We have no intention of rebalancing the strength of the moves. We are conducting trials, though, to see how we can use the bottom screen and Slide Pad. Maybe we could use the screen to simulate multiple button presses and the pad for special moves, or the like."

"We don't know exactly when yet, but I would like to see it out while the original version is still popular in arcades. Releasing a simple upgrade to arcades would whittle down our audience, but getting the game out on lots of different platforms will hopefully help expand it instead."

- Saving Attack, Ultra Combo included
- 10% complete
- hoping to include original content
[/p]
Capcom thought about a DS port but decided it wouldn't produce a satisying port. The 3DS definitely seems like a much better fit for Street Fighter IV. Capcom seems to be putting a lot of work into this. I'm sure this will be a good game. I wonder how they will use the network features of the 3DS, though.

icon11.gif
Source

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
[...]

"There was also the fact that we could use all of its network abilities to help gamers communicate with each other."

"-all 35 characters to be included"

"We don't have any intention of pandering to children here. [...]"

So, I read that as

Complete roster

Not gonna dumb it down even more

That would be quite cool, But they should rather port SSFIV.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
fgghjjkll said:
I might purchase this. I don't like Tekken-like fighters (examples = Soul Calibur).
fixed

Uzumakijl said:
QUOTE[...]

"There was also the fact that we could use all of its network abilities to help gamers communicate with each other."

So, I read that as

Complete roster

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere they're porting SSFIV and not SFIV.

B

ball2012003

OP
Goli said:
fgghjjkll said:
I might purchase this. I don't like Tekken-like fighters (examples = Soul Calibur).
fixed
what did you fix
anyway seems like this wont come out for a while since they said its only 10% complete

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
what did you fix
anyway seems like this wont come out for a while since they said its only 10% complete

Hey, man, I'm totally fine with that. Looks like they're rrreeeaaallllllyyy putting a lot of effort into this, what with all the ideas they're trying out and whatnot. I'm stoked. Hehe

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Goli said:
fgghjjkll said:
fixed

Uzumakijl said:
QUOTE[...]

So, I read that as

Complete roster

Yeah, it's SSFIV, not SFIV.
Porting SFIV will be kinda stupid, and SFIV doesn't have 35 characters, only 19.
I always liked SF, and recently I've been playing 3S quite a lot (but not improving so much), I'm really looking forward to this.
Also, I like Tekken too, but I find it complicated with all the commands, but I wish there'll be a Tekken for the 3DS too. (or maybe even SFXTK)

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
-----------------------------------------------
Yeah, it's SSFIV, not SFIV.
Porting SFIV will be kinda stupid, and SFIV doesn't have 35 characters, only 19.
[...]

Yep, Just saw this it's indeed SSFIV, Now if they confirm online i'm sold.

@ The "What did you fix?" post, he wrote Caliber instead of Calibur.

Daizu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ball2012003 said:
Goli said:
fgghjjkll said:
fixed
what did you fix

The 'Calbur' in 'Soul Calibur' is spelled with a 'u' instead of an 'e'. Common mistake as the correct way to spell caliber is with an e.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's all I'm asking for. Ports of SSFIV characters, attack data such as hitboxes, damage, etc, and stats. I don't mind it being graphically watered down as 3DS isn't as powerful as 360 or PS3. As long as they can give the console experience on a handheld I'm totally sold.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: 2023 ps5 was outselling xbox by nearly 3:!