ROM Hack Super Mario Advance 4 : Super Mario Bros 3

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you add files one by one you can override auto renaming by typing a new one in at the box in the top left of the app.

Failing that just use explorer/similar to rename files as you would any other, make sure you rename the save as well though.

dartdragoon85

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi Friends:

Finally i am playing this game in mi M3DS Real perfect.

If you want i can post the complete method or upload the save that you must post in your m3, but this depend of the moderators of the forum.

hdofu

Trophies
Website
www.wikitsune.com
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:
I thought this was actually about the game, but all the same I have a question. Why is the game called Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3?

Its Super Mario for GBA but it includes a port of SMB3 or is it JUST a remake of SMB3?

It's a remake that acts as a near perfect port of the SNES port of Super Mario Bros 3 found in Allstars. It however also allows you to add changes such as fireball coin transformations of enemies, vegetables, the cape, throw-able blue boomerangs and new levels with new enemies and traps via the E-reader

Mario vs Donkey kong the Japanese version had similar functionality.

QUOTE(dartdragoon85 @ Sep 16 2009, 05:25 PM) Hi Friends:

Finally i am playing this game in mi M3DS Real perfect.

If you want i can post the complete method or upload the save that you must post in your m3, but this depend of the moderators of the forum.

This site has a save section under downloads, just so long as you don't upload a rom I don't think the mods will be upset

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
If you add files one by one you can override auto renaming by typing a new one in at the box in the top left of the app.

Failing that just use explorer/similar to rename files as you would any other, make sure you rename the save as well though.
gbasp.gif

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Though it isn't as aesthetically pleasing with the renaming to 8.3, it finally does work. Thank goodness!

Also, at least it seems from putting the EZ4 in my DSlite (which already has an Acekard2i), it just goes straight to the GBA loader, and not the NDS one I keep hearing about. Or if I've got multiple games copied to the NOR Flash before I boot it, it starts up the first one in the list automatically, but I am able to still use the reset to go into the loader menu as I please.

Seems like I learn more about this thing each day I use it.
smileipb2.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The DS was never intended to run DS code from the GBA slot so you need to either flash the DS firmware or use a pass device (most, if not all, DS slot devices you have nopass functionality built in although it will be a matter of finding out how you trigger it)

Edit, from the wiki:
"GBA Game
Selecting the "GBA Game" option in the top most menu of AKAIO will reveal that the user can use A to boot in GBA mode or L+A to boot in NDS (PassMe) mode. "

The NOR thing sounds odd (I have not seen/heard of it before) I will have to do some research and see what goes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F