Hacking Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Hacking

Burntail

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SMG2 updated my Wii as a requirement to play it. As a result, backup loaders don't work. I know how to get them working again, that is not the issue. My question is, if I go ahead and get the backup loader working again, by re/un installing IOS's, will I still be able to play SMG2? My worry is that, after fixing the loader, SMG2 will not play, and will require update again.

Burntail

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if I remove un needed IOS and replace needed IOS, but leave IOS56, backup loaders and SMG2 should both work? And thanks for the two fast replies!

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
SMG2 runs fine from the disc channel on my PAL wii running 4.0E with IOS56 manually installed.

The reason I have stayed away from 4.2 is it breaks mod chips region override function.

I don't see why you would ever want to delete IOSs... unless you mean removing the stubs from the cIOS slots. If it were me, I'd just leave it as is and use DOP-IOS to install IOS56. Or use Gecko OS 1.9 to install it from the disc.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:
Why is nobody screaming at him DONT REMOVE ANY IOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
There's nothing wrong with deleting an IOS as long as it isn't the System Menu one.
not to mention that no one cares what some moron does to screw things up for himself.

ALL of us here put too much effort towards people who are incapable of learning.

Would you rather give some one fish for them to eat for the rest of their life, or instead hope that they will learn from the hundreds of people that you have been taught how to fish in the past?

Most people who come through here are just plain stupid. No way around it.
This.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:
There's nothing wrong with deleting an IOS as long as it isn't the System Menu one.
Bad advice - it could be a specific game IOS - last time I checked, disc loaded games required a specific IOS to run correctly....
IMHO a simple rule of thumb - if the IOS is in single or double digits then it should not be removed irrespective of the intelligence quotient of the poster.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:
Bad advice - it could be a specific game IOS - last time I checked, disc loaded games required a specific IOS to run correctly....
IMHO a simple rule of thumb - if the IOS is in single or double digits then it should not be removed.
That specific IOS could be in the triple digits too. USB loaders and homebrew apps rely on it.

By your logic we shouldn't touch any IOS that serves a function. Which is, well, rather paradoxical by definition.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:
IMHO a simple rule of thumb - if the IOS is in single or double digits then it should not be removed.
That specific IOS could be in the triple digits too. USB loaders and homebrew apps rely on it.

By your logic we shouldn't touch any IOS that serves a function. Which is, well, rather paradoxical by definition.
Then by your own logic the same applies which contradicts your earlier statement - at least I alluded to the importance of specific IOSes which clearly you didnt apart from the system menu one.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocdetective said:
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:

Then by your own logic the same applies which contradicts your earlier statement - at least I alluded to the importance of specific IOSes which clearly you didnt apart from the system menu one.
Because it's not considered a brick when you can't launch a certain game.

It's considered a brick when the normal execution flow to the System Menu is prevented. Hence the only IOS that should be considered bad to modify or delete without good knowledge of what is being done is the System Menu.

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Can't you just Priiloader or what it is called to skip updates?

You can also just boot the game with NeoGamma.
biggrin.gif

killplaystation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta517 said:
Can't you just Priiloader or what it is called to skip updates?

You can also just boot the game with NeoGamma.
biggrin.gif
You can boot priiloader and configure hacks without even installing it, by using Multi Mod Manager

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
gameking66 said:
ocdetective said:
not to mention that no one cares what some moron does to screw things up for himself.

ALL of us here put too much effort towards people who are incapable of learning.

Would you rather give some one fish for them to eat for the rest of their life, or instead hope that they will learn from the hundreds of people that you have been taught how to fish in the past?

Most people who come through here are just plain stupid. No way around it.

plus Fucking one!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/WwFuB1GRKz4