Hacking Super Smash Bros. Brawl Legit DVD Disk won't spin!!

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help? I made A thread way before but I got no help... Here are my DVD details... On the DVD disk, I can see RVL-RSBE-0B-2 USA if that helps... My Wii is a LU32... cIOS 249 rev17, and Wii Menu 4.1. Legit disk I bought, and hardly any scratches... What it dose it makes 3 click sounds like if the DVD spinner was going to spin, but it stops... Dose it with this other Family Guy DVD and a few movies... The Brawl disk works on my friends Wii (LU70, vergin, Wii Menu 4.0). Any help? Is my Wii laser done for that DVD? My DVD reader on my Wii reads all other DVDs but for a handfull of DVDs... I havn't tried a second Brawl game to see if it works... ...Help?

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had this happen on my launch Wii it would sometimes recognize it and freeze while playing or say it wasn't a wii game, I had to send to Nintendo.
It got lost in shipping.
frown.gif
So they sent me a new one with the new boot2, but I guess it's better than nothing.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
He mentions rev17 - I would go along with the dying lens theory, especially if this is related to original games - it is possible to tweak the potentiometer on them, I believe, if that were the case and as a last resort.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you at least cleaned your laser with an Official Nintendo laser cleaner around Ten Bucks Ninty even quoted as saying somewhere to clean the lens if you have trouble loading SSBB from origanal disk

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
click, click, click, stop?

sounds like your DVD drive's laser is either dirty or dying.

Try buying one of Nintendo's official Wii lens cleaners, and use it as per instructions. If SSBB works fine afterwards, then then laser was just dirty.

If it still has problems, no matter how many times you clean it, it's most likely dying.

Hopefully for you it's just dirty.

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope its dirty... i bought my wii used, the people who had it treated it like crap. and they bought it in like 2008 may... hapefully its just dirty... ill look at wallmart or sumthing to find one of those lens cleaners... thx for help... oh and once it spins the disk, its 100% no fail disk read... just if i could get the disk the spin, everything would be fine.
it used to spin it after a few tries, but now it 0% spin rate.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cobleman said:
Have you at least cleaned your laser with an Official Nintendo laser cleaner around Ten Bucks Ninty even quoted as saying somewhere to clean the lens if you have trouble loading SSBB from origanal disk

clic clikc stop for me was dirty lens as well. i used the official cleaner and it worked fine ever since.

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will do, this is like the ONLY problem with my Wii, if this was fixed everything is okay. But was questions me, its only Brawl and some other movie dvds, every other game works... I'll look up the cleaner, thx4help

Oh and also it seems like the Brawl game is upside down in the drive...

WiiThoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yyhhggtt said:
will do, this is like the ONLY problem with my Wii, if this was fixed everything is okay. But was questions me, its only Brawl and some other movie dvds, every other game works... I'll look up the cleaner, thx4help

Oh and also it seems like the Brawl game is upside down in the drive...
Maybe those movies are on a dual-layer DVD, like Brawl?

Yyhhggtt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, how can i tell? weird, the same set of family guy dvds, but only one dose the same thing as brawl, the other 2 act like the same thing any other dvd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care