Gaming Super Smash Bros. Brawl+ (Plus!)

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
not sure if this has been asked before, or if its allowed, but is this available in a patch format so we can patch our ISOs and keep them on a usb loader instead of loading through geckoOS using a disc? my dvd drive is beginning to die

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vegemikee said:
not sure if this has been asked before, or if its allowed, but is this available in a patch format so we can patch our ISOs and keep them on a usb loader instead of loading through geckoOS using a disc? my dvd drive is beginning to die

You can play Brawl+ with usb loaders, see backup loader section. Anyways, you are getting it a bit wrong. Brawl+ may replace some files, but it's a cheat for Brawl(which loads files from sd...). Riivolution would be a way to load a patched Brawl and if Brawl+ would use Riivolution, then you would need to replace files on .isos.(of course only if you can't use the original app for some reason)

BTW: Is Brawl+ using Riivolution now or are there any plans for it? Riivolution allows Ocarina + better file replacement. I think it would run more stable/faster with that instead of Gecko OS.

Oh and is it possible to use the latest Gecko OS now for Brawl+? There's still that one bug related to the Ocarina engine that's only fixed in the latest Gecko OS.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ Wiipower, i'm not sure about your Q's, but I do know that if Brawl+ were to use riivolution, it would break usb loader support (and require the ORIGINAL disc to play it)... that is, unless someone modifies riivolution (which I don't think has been done yet, and I don't even know if anyone has plans to do so... I know the riivolution team will never do it themselves)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You don't get it. There's no need to modify Riivolution for usb loaders, it allows to patch discs on the fly, now tell me what does WiiScrubber do? This topic has been discussed more often than enough!

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. There is Riivolution support for Brawl+. And no, we're still on the same Gecko OS version. Brawl+ dropped Snapshot method for USB loaders but there are other ways to load it with USB loaders.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
vegemikee said:

You can play Brawl+ with usb loaders, see backup loader section. Anyways, you are getting it a bit wrong. Brawl+ may replace some files, but it's a cheat for Brawl(which loads files from sd...). Riivolution would be a way to load a patched Brawl and if Brawl+ would use Riivolution, then you would need to replace files on .isos.(of course only if you can't use the original app for some reason)

BTW: Is Brawl+ using Riivolution now or are there any plans for it? Riivolution allows Ocarina + better file replacement. I think it would run more stable/faster with that instead of Gecko OS.

Oh and is it possible to use the latest Gecko OS now for Brawl+? There's still that one bug related to the Ocarina engine that's only fixed in the latest Gecko OS.
so if im able to play B+ via usbloader GX, can i install it with a different ID so that i can keep both Brawl and Brawl+ as 2 separate games? or would it just be logical to have Brawl+ alone. also, do i have to keep activating the cheat codes, or can i just keep an ocarina cheat constantly activated for that one game? and one more question. OP mentioned that there is a risk of damaging the wii as cheats are modifying the game through RAM. what is the rate of risk with playing B+?

Nuke85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Brawl+ die a while back? Whats the status on it?

I'm waiting for Project M, game seems to have hype, but no where done yet I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty +1