Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can and that is the third option for being able to update your firmware without burning fuses. The problem is that method relies solely on your jig. That is to say if your jig fails to boot RCM, your fuses will be burnt so unless you have a jig with 100% efficacy, its an incredibly big risk which is pointless when there are safer and far more effective methods available. You see threads like that all the time where the user is not able to boot back into RCM despite using the same jig again. And that's because jigs cause wear and tear on your right Joy-Con rail so there is no jig with 100% effectiveness meaning its a big risk if you want to update this way.

Also, the device is technically already bricked from AutoRCM. I don't see how it can get any worse than that.
AutoRCM is a soft brick from my understanding, what I want to know is if there is any way to permabrick with autorcm.
Post automatically merged:

Some people are still holding onto hope that a coldboot exploit will come out for fw ~4.0 or some such, and they don't want to burn fuses. The stock option in Hekate prevents fuses from being burned, on top of preventing AutoRCM from being overwritten. Maybe even prevents the game slot from being updated.

I think it's all a big hassle and just boot OFW to update, then dump the update to install in emummc.

AutoRCM is technically a brick. Done on purpose. As long as you keep a backup of boot0/boot1 on your computer, you can always fix it within nyx.
Are your fuses burnt? Not sure why I would go into emunand to update, emunand is already on latest FW. My sysnand is on 4.x while I decide if I want to burn fuses or get autorcm.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM is a soft brick from my understanding, what I want to know is if there is any way to permabrick with autorcm.
AutoRCM at its core is a corruption of BOOT0. BOOT0 is only used, as the name implies, to boot up the console. Even if you were somehow able to completely destroy BOOT0 without a backup, the worst that would happen is that you will permanently have AutoRCM. Although it is worth mentioning that its possible to recreate BOOT0 from scratch with certain tools.

A brick means the device has the electronical functionality of a brick. Even if you were somehow make it unable to boot Horizon which is the name of the Switch operating system, you could technically still use RCM to boot other OS's like Lakka, Android, and Linux.

If you want to read up on further on all of the ins and outs of AutoRCM, you can read this thread that completely covers the mod from top to bottom.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there no mem temp sensor on Switch? I can't find much info about it...

I suspect my memories might be running hot due to very thick thermal pads at 1862mhz (Erista V1).

Also I didn't do this "Add kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip to boot entry" cause on the 2 latest versions of OC Suite it seems to work out-of-the-box for Erista and don't seem to need that line to load anymore. Does anyone know if adding that line makes any difference?

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never thought it might be the sd card the problem, tomorrow i'ill try to test on another sd

I can confirm that all my issues stemmed from the SD card.
After running H2testw I could see that it was indeed fake, having a real size of 55gb rather than 512gb. This no doubt messed with the way hekate partitioned it, and resulted in a corrupted RAW partition on which emuMMC could not be properly written.

After obtaining a good SD card I was able to create and boot into emuMMC without issues.

I hope this helps you, too.

Reactions: binkinator

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
if i have sd card containing a official firmware 13.x.x and a sd card with 14.x.x. or 15.x.x. will i be able to use one and the other like one day i will use my 13.x.x. and the next day i will use 14.xx.x then next day i will do 13.x.x. again

do i need to power off completely or can i do it in hekate menu?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i have sd card containing a official firmware 13.x.x and a sd card with 14.x.x. or 15.x.x. will i be able to use one and the other like one day i will use my 13.x.x. and the next day i will use 14.xx.x then next day i will do 13.x.x. again

do i need to power off completely or can i do it in hekate menu?
What do you mean by "sd card containing"? Having the firmware files of those versions on the SD card won't magically boot those firmware versions. Do you mean emuMMC? If you have emuMMC on different SD cards that are running the firmware versions you listed, you can boot into them at any time. And assuming you are talking about emuMMC, you can switch emuMMC via the Hekate menu.

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AutoRCM at its core is a corruption of BOOT0. BOOT0 is only used, as the name implies, to boot up the console. Even if you were somehow able to completely destroy BOOT0 without a backup, the worst that would happen is that you will permanently have AutoRCM. Although it is worth mentioning that its possible to recreate BOOT0 from scratch with certain tools.

A brick means the device has the electronical functionality of a brick. Even if you were somehow make it unable to boot Horizon which is the name of the Switch operating system, you could technically still use RCM to boot other OS's like Lakka, Android, and Linux.

If you want to read up on further on all of the ins and outs of AutoRCM, you can read this thread that completely covers the mod from top to bottom.
Why a permanent autorcm though? If BOOT0 got corrupted without a backup, I could just wait until Nintendo release a new system update and then run hekate to sysfw right? Still haven't decided on autorcm, will read the thread you linked.

fparseb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This error is typically a result of an outdated Hekate.

You can update Hekate here:
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate

More information about keeping your Switch up to date can be found here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Seems we have some improvement. Thanks for that, @binkinator .

After update Hekate to the last version, now in HW & Fuses info I have:
Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 17 - 0 (HOS: 15.0.0+)

The problem is if I try to boot into stock, I have directly a screen blue. Nothing else, no text no error.

[Stock]​
fss0=atmosphere/package3​
stock=1​
emummc_force_disable=1​
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp​

Maybe I must update Atmosphere now even I'm not using it?

I'm sorry for making so much questions. I want to be careful with these actions trying to avoid irreparable steps. Thanks so much for your patience. :)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems we have some improvement. Thanks for that, @binkinator .

After update Hekate to the last version, now in HW & Fuses info I have:
Burnt Fuses (ODM 7/6): 17 - 0 (HOS: 15.0.0+)

The problem is if I try to boot into stock, I have directly a screen blue. Nothing else, no text no error.

[Stock]​
fss0=atmosphere/package3​
stock=1​
emummc_force_disable=1​
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp​

Maybe I must update Atmosphere now even I'm not using it?

I'm sorry for making so much questions. I want to be careful with these actions trying to avoid irreparable steps. Thanks so much for your patience. :)
Yes, update your atmosphere to the latest here:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Atmosphere only exists on your SDCard and will not harm anything.
(You simply remove the SDCard to remove both Hekate and Atmosphere BTW)

Hi, I'm trying to install tinfoil through dbi but the error " NCA Signatures Invalid " appears and I found about the konami master code but I don't know where to use it.
Install tinfoil by downloading the nro installer file (conveniently named tinfoil.nro) and placing it in your /switch directory. Then open hbmenu using title override and run it to install tinfoil.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: fparseb

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why a permanent autorcm though? If BOOT0 got corrupted without a backup, I could just wait until Nintendo release a new system update and then run hekate to sysfw right? Still haven't decided on autorcm, will read the thread you linked.
I guess you could do that as well but sometimes you might already be on the latest firmware and sometimes it takes months for Nintendo to release a new firmware. As an example, the current and latest firmware 15.0.1 was released on Halloween, October 31st which was almost 3 months ago.

walackson

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Install tinfoil by downloading the nro installer file (conveniently named tinfoil.nro) and placing it in your /switch directory. Then open hbmenu using title override and run it to install tinfoil.

I tried that but there is an error when using the auto installer and it does not run directly from the applet.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that but there is an error when using the auto installer and it does not run directly from the applet.
Correct. You must use title override. Tinfoil needs all memory available in order to install.

To use title override you must have at least one game installed. I typically use Tinwoo to install Othello nsp (only 112M game). Once you have a title on your main screen you can then open hbmenu with full memory available by pressing and holding the (R)ight shoulder button down and clicking on a game title. Keep holding (R) until hbmenu appears. Only then will you be able to launch the tinfoil_installer.nro file.

ghostgenji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, does anyone know how to change the resolution on the nintendo switch display?I want to increase autonomy by lowering the resolution to 480p

fparseb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

I've updated Atmosphere and now it's working as before with the new FW version. Thanks so much, @binkinator

The only issue I have now is the same I have before that and I've detailed in other post.

Basically, when boot to Stock I have Boot loop after Nintendo Switch logo. After some minutes (it's random, around 5-10 minutes), it finally boots to OS.

If I try to do the hard reset pressing both volume buttons it goes directly and the reinstallation works OK until the next reboot.

I've resoldered the entire chip again and same issue.

But in any case, it's not important.

Thank you so much for your time and help on this matter. :)

• Love

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it 'safe' (as in, from flagging your account for future bans) to play in CFW sysMMC all the time, if you never do anything you wouldn't be doing on stock? I mostly wanna know so I can avoid manually re-injecting the RCM payload when I wanna use my emuMMC.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it 'safe' (as in, from flagging your account for future bans) to play in CFW sysMMC all the time, if you never do anything you wouldn't be doing on stock? I mostly wanna know so I can avoid manually re-injecting the RCM payload when I wanna use my emuMMC.

If you installed NSP on Sysnand you would eventually get banned, if you ran homebrew it is moderate chance, can't guarantees no ban.

BruhGimmeName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you installed NSP on Sysnand you would eventually get banned, if you ran homebrew it is moderate chance, can't guarantees no ban.
I just want to confirm that by not doing either (installing NSPs or running homebrews) and simply being in CFW while in sysnand that shouldn't result in a ban, even if using internet services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All big titles should offer first and 3rd person it's been a thing since like gtaV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing Killer Clowns from Outer Space all day, is pretty fun. Basically Friday 13th but with clowns. One of my favorite b rated movies from way back.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is it a game or a movie? get decided!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its a game based off the old movie
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a down scene with slow drums
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh cool that Bodycam games out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    he also fucked uremum despite being gay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits