Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Defaul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm experiencing an issue where using Tesla while docked is crashing my Switch when opening it for a second time. I have the latest version of everything, yet i'm experiencing this issue. Not sure where to start.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm experiencing an issue where using Tesla while docked is crashing my Switch when opening it for a second time. I have the latest version of everything, yet i'm experiencing this issue. Not sure where to start.

I did got a crash yesterday trying to open tesla while docked.

PartyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a guide for updating firmware since its as simple as using the homebrew app, Daybreak, which comes bundled with Atmosphere. The only tricky part is you must download the files of the firmware you wish to update to on your own. Since they are copyright protected, links cannot be provided but rest assured they are readily available on the Internet.
Is there anything I need to be careful of? As in, are there things that will brick the console or require what is comparable to surgery to find the source of a problem? And, did you have any info regarding the backup?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I only download all of my tools from their respective GitHub pages whether its TinWoo Installer or NS-USBLoader. A screenshot of the error code would be useful.
Thank you for the responses. I updated everything on my switch (ofw,cfw,hekate,sigpatches,tinfoil,tinwoo) also updated NS-USBLoader. Still had the same error with tinwoo but then had no issue getting the game loaded through tinfoil.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything I need to be careful of? As in, are there things that will brick the console or require what is comparable to surgery to find the source of a problem? And, did you have any info regarding the backup?
If firmware updates could brick consoles, nobody would update their firmware. I guess the one thing you should be mindful of is that you should the exFAT option when updating the firmware. You will see the prompt when it comes up. With regards to the backup, what have you used to try to make the backup?
What the heck happened with the original OC Suite, why was it removed?

Also is it safe to update to FW 6.0 or 6.02 or is it even worth it at the moment?

I really want to know if all the following stuff are all working fine:

- Tesla Menu;
- nx-ovlloader;
- SaltyNX 0.4.0a hotfix;
- Status monitor;
- NX-FPS;
- OC Suite (the new version has everything exactly like latest version of the original fully working??);
- ReverseNX-RT;
- Edizon overlay;
- Mission control.
Firmware 6.0? That was released years ago.

PartyMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If firmware updates could brick consoles, nobody would update their firmware. I guess the one thing you should be mindful of is that you should the exFAT option when updating the firmware. You will see the prompt when it comes up. With regards to the backup, what have you used to try to make the backup?
Never mind the backup, at this point I don't really want to even try to figure out what is going on with that. My brain is a square and even attempting to explain my situation seems daunting. Anyways, I'm looking at the rentry guide, and it says that you should update your CFW to the latest version. I assume that is correct in spite of my hopefulness that it isn't. Long ramble aside, my new question is if I really do need to go through the process of updating the CFW, or at least what the minimum is. To start, I might be reading it wrong so I wanted to confirm as I've screwed up worse: The guide says that if Atmosphere is at or below 0.20.1 to update it using a different guide. I ignore this, as the beginning number on the firmware is higher than 0, obviously, right? Second, Do I need to change anything with Daybreak? As in, are there updates that I would need to get for it? Because if so I am at version 1.0. Other information I feel to point out, I am on hekate v6.0.2, and do not believe sigpatches are up to date. All this in mind, do I need to update things parts of my CFW? And if so, how much, and in what order? One last thing, should I avoid updating CFW through use of hekate's usb tools and instead remove the SD card and plug it in to my PC manually? I just feel like doing it the usb tools way while I'm in the thing that allows that connection might be a bit hazardous. Sorry for the block of text, the idea of starting over if something bad happens is making me question myself a lot.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never mind the backup, at this point I don't really want to even try to figure out what is going on with that. My brain is a square and even attempting to explain my situation seems daunting. Anyways, I'm looking at the rentry guide, and it says that you should update your CFW to the latest version. I assume that is correct in spite of my hopefulness that it isn't. Long ramble aside, my new question is if I really do need to go through the process of updating the CFW, or at least what the minimum is. To start, I might be reading it wrong so I wanted to confirm as I've screwed up worse: The guide says that if Atmosphere is at or below 0.20.1 to update it using a different guide. I ignore this, as the beginning number on the firmware is higher than 0, obviously, right? Second, Do I need to change anything with Daybreak? As in, are there updates that I would need to get for it? Because if so I am at version 1.0. Other information I feel to point out, I am on hekate v6.0.2, and do not believe sigpatches are up to date. All this in mind, do I need to update things parts of my CFW? And if so, how much, and in what order? One last thing, should I avoid updating CFW through use of hekate's usb tools and instead remove the SD card and plug it in to my PC manually? I just feel like doing it the usb tools way while I'm in the thing that allows that connection might be a bit hazardous. Sorry for the block of text, the idea of starting over if something bad happens is making me question myself a lot.
You should always be on the latest version of CFW, regardless of firmware. That is because newer versions of CFW work on older firmware versions but newer firmware versions may break CFW. So you should always update your CFW before updating the firmware. To update your CFW, delete your /atmosphere folder and download a new one from the official GitHub page.

Since Daybreak is included with the official release of Atmosphere, you can see if its been updated when you update your CFW. I don't know if it has or hasn't but if there is a newer version, you should definitely grab that. You can download the latest patches from this thread. And since you use Hekate, you must update that as well which you can do so from the official Hekate GitHub page. Outside of what I mentioned, these are the mandatory parts to ensure the CFW works when you update the firmware. The order doesn't matter as long as you update everything before you try launching CFW once the firmware is updated. Lastly, you can update everything using Hekate's USB tools; you just may need to reboot Hekate since you will also be changing Hekate's files while Hekate is running.

Dandan0404

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Where to download Cheats???, like using PC. where can we see full list for all games including 60 FPS mods i could use for my OLED switch.

also where to put them

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Just got my OLED switch modded with Sx Core. The guy installed Atmosphere on it but he said sometimes it crashes and I had to reboot so I thought of redoing the install myself.

I've followed the rentry guide I found on Reddit which consists basically on copying Hekate, Atmosphere, Sigpatches, fusee and SX gear on the SD card and create the appropriate config files.

I can boot in Hekate but after I select Launch / Atmosphere CFW I get this error :
"A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Failed to read package2 : 0x00004e18! Press POWER to reboot"

If I try to launch fusee via the payload menu of Hekate, I get this error :
"A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Package1 seems corrupt! Press POWER to reboot"

I've tried doing everything again from scratch twice and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any help please ?

My switch firmware is 16.0.2

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my OLED switch modded with Sx Core. The guy installed Atmosphere on it but he said sometimes it crashes and I had to reboot so I thought of redoing the install myself.

I've followed the rentry guide I found on Reddit which consists basically on copying Hekate, Atmosphere, Sigpatches, fusee and SX gear on the SD card and create the appropriate config files.

I can boot in Hekate but after I select Launch / Atmosphere CFW I get this error :
"A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Failed to read package2 : 0x00004e18! Press POWER to reboot"

If I try to launch fusee via the payload menu of Hekate, I get this error :
"A fatal error occured when running Fusee. Package1 seems corrupt! Press POWER to reboot"

I've tried doing everything again from scratch twice and I can't figure out what's wrong. Any help please ?

My switch firmware is 16.0.2

So what is your bootloader? SX or Spacecraft-NX?

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
So what is your bootloader? SX or Spacecraft-NX?
I'm assuming Spacecraft-NX, it looks like as on the pictures attached (the SD card was removed when I took the picture).

He may have installed HWFLY and told me he put Sx Core.

Attachments

• IMG_20230504_191812.jpg
    IMG_20230504_191812.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20230504_191829.jpg
    IMG_20230504_191829.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Using HATS worked indeed, thanks. I can now boot the Switch :)

The vendor told me he actually installed HWFLY, no Sx Core. Any idea why I had those problems when I tried to install everything myself ?

Reactions: Hayato213

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using HATS worked indeed, thanks. I can now boot the Switch :)

The vendor told me he actually installed HWFLY, no Sx Core. Any idea why I had those problems when I tried to install everything myself ?

You were probably missing or outdated package3 file, pkg1 refer to fusee.bin/hekate.bin and pkg2 refer to package3

alex3137

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've deleted some games on SysNand that were installed before putting CFW but it didn't free up space. Any way to delete them manually ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've deleted some games on SysNand that were installed before putting CFW but it didn't free up space. Any way to delete them manually ?

hac-screenshot-systemsettings_datamanagement.jpg

Switch system settings, data management, then manage software.
Post automatically merged:

My serial number says it's patched, this doesn't work now does it

If you got patched unit/V2/OLED you need modchip.

Reactions: cboger88

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    run dmc and ice t for me
    +1
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i do have the marshal mathers record tho, it's good stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its...