Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

autumns

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i’m making a backup of my sd rn incase of corruption and all that, it’s a 512GB sd card that’s mostly full and i don’t really have anywhere to put that kind of data lol. i was curious if there’s any way to make a backup without including the actual game download data?

cause other than that there’s not much on there and my wifi is pretty good i would be fine having to redownload all my games in the event of corruption i just wouldn’t want to lose my save data and emunand backup with my homebrew and preferences and all that.

i have a backup of the emunand using hekate and i’ve uploaded all my saves to google drive using jksv, if i just deleted the nintendo folder on my sd backup would i still have everything i need to restore everything if anything goes wrong ever?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings! sorry 4 bad English u.u

I'm doing this thread knowing that there are other threads with the same trouble, but I've read those threads and I think that the trouble I have isn't the same.
I was playing Tears of the Kingdom, and I put the Switch to sleep because I wanted to snack on something. But when I finished, I turned on the Switch, and TA-DA! This image appeared:

Idk what I can do, 'cause I read that this problem was caused by bricking when updating the console. But I haven't done anything. I put it on sleep mode not even half an hour. It doesn't even have the internet activated because it is in airplane mode, and it doesn't have 90DNS or Incognito either. How could it have been bricked? I literally only use it to play :(

Was it because of a theme? And if not, does anyone know what it could be? I'm desperate :(

Sounds like your sd card is failing or is corrupted. I would first remove it and backup all data on pc. If you are using Emunand, use this tool. https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/ Then run h2testw to check the sd card for errors. If no errors, format to fat32 and reinstall data to sd card. If there is errors, get a new sd card and then reinstall all data.
Post automatically merged:

i’m making a backup of my sd rn incase of corruption and all that, it’s a 512GB sd card that’s mostly full and i don’t really have anywhere to put that kind of data lol. i was curious if there’s any way to make a backup without including the actual game download data?

cause other than that there’s not much on there and my wifi is pretty good i would be fine having to redownload all my games in the event of corruption i just wouldn’t want to lose my save data and emunand backup with my homebrew and preferences and all that.

i have a backup of the emunand using hekate and i’ve uploaded all my saves to google drive using jksv, if i just deleted the nintendo folder on my sd backup would i still have everything i need to restore everything if anything goes wrong ever?
You can use this tool to backup to pc, if you don't want to backup the games folder, then just don't backup the "Nintendo" folder. https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: neonsito_

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPU cable? What does that look like?

Screenshot_20240121_165035_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240121_165024_YouTube.jpg

Look like this

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I would like to have some guidance if possible. I purchased a Steam Deck OLED two months ago and I would like to move my Switch games to the Steam Deck so my daughter will be able to use it exclusively. I want to move my games and my saves but I would like that the console remains able to go Online as she plays Splatoon sometimes.

Is that possible? The Switch is the launch one, I can use the Jig Clip hack. I would like to know if it's possible to revert the hack and keep the console "native" so she can play online.

Otherwise, would it be possible to install Moonlight on the Switch? I read it runs poorly but perhaps that changes in the recent months.

Thanks a lot!

fx0rec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sorry to pose such a simple question when it's a matter of lurking moar, but I recently found my way back into console modding and figured I'd get a switch since that's the hot new thing.
I've done some slight research and through various reddit posts arrived at the conclusion that there are two revisions I need to be aware of, V1 Erista the original softmod-able one, and then V2 Mariko which patched the vulnerability and requires a modchip (Hwfly Picofly) to run CFW.

So my question follows, is there any difference between OLED models or can I just walk into any store and purchase a Switch OLED then install a modship and go? Is there anything else I need to be thoughtful of when purchasing the modchip to go with V2?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, I would like to have some guidance if possible. I purchased a Steam Deck OLED two months ago and I would like to move my Switch games to the Steam Deck so my daughter will be able to use it exclusively. I want to move my games and my saves but I would like that the console remains able to go Online as she plays Splatoon sometimes.

Is that possible? The Switch is the launch one, I can use the Jig Clip hack. I would like to know if it's possible to revert the hack and keep the console "native" so she can play online.

Otherwise, would it be possible to install Moonlight on the Switch? I read it runs poorly but perhaps that changes in the recent months.

Thanks a lot!
Atmosphere as its shipped by the devs is safe to be used online, I use it on my switch exclusively for years by now, while also playing splatoon and co online.
Nintendo mostly bans for two things, things that look like piracy (so installying any nsps/xcis, this includes self dumped once and homebrew nsps) and negatively affecting the online service, so cheating and game modding online, so of you don't do those, its mostly safe.

If you just want to get the saves I would suggest to get atmosphere directly from their github page and then extract the content from the atmosphere....zip to the sd card and use the fusee.bin from the release with some payload injector to startup atmosphere.
As save manager you could get jksv from its github page and put the jksv.nro in the folder `switch` on the sd card of the switch.
Then start the homebrew launcher by starting any game while holding the R button on the first controller and start jksv from there.

Also this way atmosphere is only there until you fully shutdown the switch, afterwards, unless you actively boot it again, you will boot back into stock. Just going into standby will not delete clear it though, though as mentioned, you can even play online while using atmosphere without a problem to use things like sys-clk for overclocking, sysdvr for streaming the screen and aufio to another device and more.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to pose such a simple question when it's a matter of lurking moar, but I recently found my way back into console modding and figured I'd get a switch since that's the hot new thing.
I've done some slight research and through various reddit posts arrived at the conclusion that there are two revisions I need to be aware of, V1 Erista the original softmod-able one, and then V2 Mariko which patched the vulnerability and requires a modchip (Hwfly Picofly) to run CFW.

So my question follows, is there any difference between OLED models or can I just walk into any store and purchase a Switch OLED then install a modship and go? Is there anything else I need to be thoughtful of when purchasing the modchip to go with V2?
As far as I know, there is only one type of OLED Switch model. As for the type of modchip, I'm afraid I'm not too knowledgeable on this subject. In case nobody else chimes in on the subject, you can try making a thread and asking the genera forum for their opinion.
Thanks Drax

So I used github for atmosphere and hekate and sigmapatches for the sig
That's what I figured. Sigmapatches does not have the updated patches so I recommend staying away from that site. Instead, we have a thread in this very forum with updated patches. Here is the link.

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Atmosphere as its shipped by the devs is safe to be used online, I use it on my switch exclusively for years by now, while also playing splatoon and co online.
Nintendo mostly bans for two things, things that look like piracy (so installying any nsps/xcis, this includes self dumped once and homebrew nsps) and negatively affecting the online service, so cheating and game modding online, so of you don't do those, its mostly safe.

If you just want to get the saves I would suggest to get atmosphere directly from their github page and then extract the content from the atmosphere....zip to the sd card and use the fusee.bin from the release with some payload injector to startup atmosphere.
As save manager you could get jksv from its github page and put the jksv.nro in the folder `switch` on the sd card of the switch.
Then start the homebrew launcher by starting any game while holding the R button on the first controller and start jksv from there.

Also this way atmosphere is only there until you fully shutdown the switch, afterwards, unless you actively boot it again, you will boot back into stock. Just going into standby will not delete clear it though, though as mentioned, you can even play online while using atmosphere without a problem to use things like sys-clk for overclocking, sysdvr for streaming the screen and aufio to another device and more.
Are the saves signed with the cartridge or any dump will work for emulator? I wonder if I have to dump my physical games or take any dump available? Thanks again!

QWERTY_YTREWQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I want to change my joycon colours to the lets go pikach eevee version with the joycon toolkit, i found some post where people shared the exact color number (Html color code?) for the body and buttons but i can't find anything for the lets go colors, does anyone know them by chance and is willing to share it?

Edit: found most colors here: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Joy-Con#Colors

Last edited by QWERTY_YTREWQ,
Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag