Switch not booting past Nintendo Logo

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
It's a 2017 unpatched version that I bought on ebay as "no power". It definitely does have power, as I can boot into RCM, but I'm not too sure on how to fix it.

Basically, it will only boot to the Nintendo logo normally, but if you remove the eMMC module, you can put it into RCM mode, then insert the eMMC again afterwards to have access to it, so it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. I'm guessing whoever had it before has bricked it in some way.

I tried to follow a rebuild NAND from scratch without the prodinfo and such, but even with a new eMMC from another switch that has been fully rebuilt, as far as I can tell, it won't boot.

Has anyone encountered this before? Is it normal that a corrupted eMMC would stop even RCM from being available?

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I've tried both, the switch will only boot the Nintendo logo, then turns off instantly, unless I remove the eMMC, so I can boot into RCM. I tried to set up the NAND on an eMMC from another switch, following a YouTube tutorial, but it still won't boot.

I was hoping someone would know about how the eMMC stops it from working, I feel like that is quite important, as Hekate says the health of it is 100%, so it's probably not a hardware issue as it happens with three different ones.

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Ah, I wasn't aware of this.

So I've tried updating the firmware via tegra to both 13.2.1 and 14.0.0 as when I restored the backup it was on 10.0.2 or something similar, but the fuses are at 16, which is apparently 13.2.1, which is why I tried that.

Even then, nothing happens once I try to boot it, sometimes I got the Nintendo logo, but usually it's either a black screen or the atmosphere icon when I try to boot cfw instead of stock, then the black screen.

I find this very bizarre, as when I dumped the prod.keys and the prodinfo, they both seem to match the switch, with the keys being able to decrypt via NxNandManager and the prodinfo having the correct serial number.

If I enable autoRCM, then I can boot it without having to remove the eMMC too, so that, plus it's working and reading 100% and the other two eMMC's I have do the same, says it's not the hardware itself, but likely software.

I honestly have no idea what else to try, I feel it can be fixed, but I have no idea how.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0D1PpgCXs +1