• Replies 806
  • Likes 32

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you set something in it and doesn't boot you can configure in the PC using the configurator html page or remove the kip1 line and use the OC toolkit from overlay to fix settings.

Some consoles can't handle max CPU UV 4 example and will not boot so you might need to decrease it and test.
Also, please actually take a NAND backup before playing around with this. I used the example Erista settings pinned on the Discord channel, thinking this should be fairly safe, and on rebooting got an error 2002-4373, which is NAND corruption. Fortunately I was using an EmuNAND, and it's therefore fairly straightforward to wipe the SD card and make a new one, but I'm not looking forward to scraping the saves from the borked EmuNAND and reinstalling all my games.

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I will give this a try tonight.
Also forgot to say you cant use any Oled loader.kip, EOS 1.2.4 must use its own loader.kip which is all in its files, if the version changes like if a new come out you will have to use the new loader.kip.

There's also switchcraft 1.2.4 and it must use its own loader.kip too if you chose it over Eos. They are the same except switchcraft is more dangerous, allows more frequencies and voltages so I recommend the safer EOS 1.2.4
Post automatically merged:

Always do it in emunand and have a backup of it.
Thanks! I noticed that the sys-clk overlay is missing from your package, is this on purpose?
Use latest sys-clk-oc8 0512 it will bring it's latest overlay.

Also the official dev already have been testing one with full temperature readings like GPU temp and so on, but it's still not released and no ETA...

But if you use very old sys-clk now the new one will show you real frequency which before it didn't...

Always do it in emunand and have a backup of it.

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can also add a Hekate safe mode boot by just copy pasting your CFW emunand boot entry and add Safe Mode in the end of its name and just remove the kip1 line from that one so when it doesn't boot you choose to boot safe mode...
Would you care to share how this safe mode would look in hekate.ini?

And just to be clear, I use only sysnand cfw

Also forgot to say you cant use any Oled loader.kip, EOS 1.2.4 must use its own loader.kip which is all in its files, if the version changes like if a new come out you will have to use the new loader.kip.

There's also switchcraft 1.2.4 and it must use its own loader.kip too if you chose it over Eos. They are the same except switchcraft is more dangerous, allows more frequencies and voltages so I recommend the safer EOS 1.2.4
I actually do use switchcraft

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New sys-clk (sys-clk-oc_0525.7z) came out and new EOS 1.2.5...
Would you care to share how this safe mode would look in hekate.ini?

And just to be clear, I use only sysnand cfw

I actually do use switchcraft
Just an example:

Code:
[Atmosphere CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[Atmosphere SAFE MODE]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

Basically just copy paste your boot entry add Safe Mode at the end of the name you use and just remove the kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip...

So if something went wrong on OC and can't boot atmosphere, you boot safe mode and it will not load your OC settings so you can fix it with the OC toolkit then apply/reboot and boot your normal CFW with the KIP1 line to see if it's booting...

Cause some consoles for example can't handle max CPU UV and some can't boot and then to fix you either have to remove the mSD card or use Tegra Explorer or use Hekate USB, all of them are a pain-in-the-ass compared to just having a SAFE MODE BOOT...

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
New sys-clk (sys-clk-oc_0525.7z) came out and new EOS 1.2.5...

Just an example:

Code:
[Atmosphere CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip
emummcforce=1

[Atmosphere SAFE MODE]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1

Basically just copy paste your boot entry add Safe Mode at the end of the name you use and just remove the kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip...

So if something went wrong on OC and can't boot atmosphere, you boot safe mode and it will not load your OC settings so you can fix it with the OC toolkit then apply/reboot and boot your normal CFW with the KIP1 line to see if it's booting...

Cause some consoles for example can't handle max CPU UV and some can't boot and then to fix you either have to remove the mSD card or use Tegra Explorer or use Hekate USB, all of them are a pain-in-the-ass compared to just having a SAFE MODE BOOT...
Thank you. This worked great.

Another question tho..

I used presets with the original OC suite, are those still compatible with EOS?

I'm talking about the profiles from here:
https://github.com/retronx-team/sys-clk-db

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. This worked great.

Another question tho..

I used presets with the original OC suite, are those still compatible with EOS?

I'm talking about the profiles from here:
https://github.com/retronx-team/sys-clk-db
I have no idea, but it's likely that they are, you can just backup your old, do a profile on latest sys_clk and see if it's written the same way so you can add all your profiles into it and even if it changed the syntax I'm sure you can easily figure out and convert.

But I have no clue cause I always do a clean install and always delete everything old and put the new, I never replace and I just do profiles per game again, I never checked if the profiles syntax ever changed at all...

ps: You can't use is original OC Suite loader.kip with the new EOS or Switchcratf... but you can use the same OC settings and apply on the new one...

Reactions: Flaya

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, don't impregnate her +1