• Replies 761
  • Likes 32

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Continuation of Switch-OC-Suite (originally by KazushiMe)
https://github.com/hanai3Bi/Switch-OC-Suite

For more info, check original thread, or github readme.

Recently, I have been working on Switch-OC-Suite just for personal use. I have been contemplating whether it is okay to release it after the original project being taken down. I believe that even if oc-suite is dangerous, users should still be given the choice, so I decided to release it here.

Although I have fixed visible errors, the code was not originally developed by me and may contain unknown bugs. Therefore, it should be used with caution.

-[sys-clk-oc] : fixed sysmodule not starting. revert charge limit back to 2A. removed 2397 cpu and 1305 gpu freqs
-[reversenx]: fixed synchronization
-[pages]: fixed online configurator

Q. Ram Frequency is not changing even though I set it in sys-clk
A. Make sure hekate_ipl.ini is edited correctly. and Atmosphere and HOS version matches release version

Q. Are you going to implement new features?
A. I think Switch-OC-Suite already has necessary features, so no plans right now for adding new features. But I will continue to fix bugs and release new versions. Though if you have ideas for new feature, write in github issue page and I will consider.

To be honest, I don't have prior experience in Switch development and I'm not expert on this, So I'm not confident if I am actually doing things right. But I will do my best to be as correct as possible.
I am continuing this project because the project was abandoned and no one else was interested in doing maintenance. The prelease version had bugs, so I decided to maintain this project, so that i could compile and use without bugs

Last edited by meha,

TeleTubby666

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you! I really hope that from now on this project (as well as this thread!) will be continued in a serious way.

In my opinion it’s a must to name KazushiMe in the acknowledgments after all his contribution

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thanks!

I noticed that the sys-clk overlay is missing from your package, is this on purpose?
Overlay is inside zip file. please check again. If you are talking about manager app, manager is no longer supported.

And for sys-clk, I changed config directory to "sys-clk-oc", so if you want to use previous config, copy "/config/sys-clk/config.ini" to "/config/sys-clk-oc/config.ini"

I changed config directory while debugging, but decided to not change back, so that anytime user decides not to use oc-suite anymore, config from sys-clk-oc will not conflict with normal sys-clk.

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: lordelan

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Setting cpu to 2091 on my erista still has it as 1785 on the current clock speeds? Log says cannot set clock to 2091

Edit: oh, found the online modifier

Last edited by M7L7NK7,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Setting cpu to 2091 on my erista still has it as 1785 on the current clock speeds? Log says cannot set clock to 2091

Edit: oh, found the online modifier
if it says cannot set clock speed, it is most likely that you did not put this line into hekate_ipl.ini:
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip

sys-clk parses frequencies from kip file so the frequency is there, but since kip is not loaded, you cannot actually set it.

Reactions: M7L7NK7

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
if it says cannot set clock speed, it is most likely that you did not put this line into hekate_ipl.ini:
kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip

sys-clk parses frequencies from kip file so the frequency is there, but since kip is not loaded, you cannot actually set it.
That was it thanks! Well I actually misspelled it when I added it but thanks for making me double check my work lol

Gumistret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Can you possibly bring back 2397/1305 ? It's for testing only.
Thank you!

And what repo did you use, because started from 3 feb, the repo is broken. Governor will limit the cpu to 1020mhz on CPU bound games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3. From what i heard, 27 jan repo is the perfect one.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Can you possibly bring back 2397/1305 ? It's for testing only.
Thank you!
I removed those frequencies because it's like 0 performance gain but much more power draw. It's open-source so you can compile it yourself if you need.

And what repo did you use, because started from 3 feb, the repo is broken. Governor will limit the cpu to 1020mhz on CPU bound games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3. From what i heard, 27 jan repo is the perfect one.
I started work with Cooler3D's repo, which is source code from 1.5.0-prelease.
Can you elaborate more on governor thing? Governor is on but does not go above 1020?
And what things are broken? Open issues in github repo and I will fix them.

Last edited by meha,

Gumistret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I removed those frequencies because it's like 0 performance gain but much more power draw. It's open-source so you can compile it yourself if you need.

I started work with Cooler3D's repo, which is source code from 1.5.0-prelease.
Can you elaborate more on governor thing? Governor is on but does not go above 1020?
And what things are broken? Open issues in github repo and I will fix them.
I know nothing about editing and compile it myself lol. 2397mhz is kinda helps for CPU bound games when using 60fps patch. Especially XC3, Astral Chain. The one that you don't need to bring up again is 1305mhz because it's "kinda" pointless.

Anw i opened the issues

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I know nothing about editing and compile it myself lol. 2397mhz is kinda helps for CPU bound games when using 60fps patch. Especially XC3, Astral Chain. The one that you don't need to bring up again is 1305mhz because it's "kinda" pointless.

Anw i opened the issues
You are not using my release files for Swiotch-OC-Suite. First change to my release version and see if it fixes the issue.
Second, check if you have "temporary override" frequency set to 1020. If not, attach log file( /config/sys-clk/log.txt" in github so I can fix the issue.
I will test with XB3 and let you know the results
Post automatically merged:

So I tested with XBC3, and it does stick at 1020 in main screen, but works fine in-game for me.
I think it has to do something with the game stressing only Core #0 so that core #0 is almost 100% while core 1~2 is below 20%.

I will check the governor algorithm and update info on github issue page.

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: [Truth]

Gumistret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You are not using my release files for Swiotch-OC-Suite. First change to my release version and see if it fixes the issue.
Second, check if you have "temporary override" frequency set to 1020. If not, attach log file( /config/sys-clk/log.txt" in github so I can fix the issue.
I will test with XB3 and let you know the results
Post automatically merged:

So I tested with XBC3, and it does stick at 1020 in main screen, but works fine in-game for me.
I think it has to do something with the game stressing only Core #0 so that core #0 is almost 100% while core 1~2 is below 20%.

I will check the governor algorithm and update info on github issue page.
Thank you so much!!

Gumistret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Edit: released new version in github. this should fix the problem.
Okay this is big.
Thank you so much!! ILY!!!

Oh anw about the 2397mhz CPU, are you planning to unlock it ? It's gonna be a perfect build after that imo haha. Anw thanks for reviving this project.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Okay this is big.
Thank you so much!! ILY!!!

Oh anw about the 2397mhz CPU, are you planning to unlock it ? It's gonna be a perfect build after that imo haha. Anw thanks for reviving this project.
I think most consoles' binning cannot withstand 2397, so no plans to unlock it for now. And for games that I've tested, 2397 doesn't make difference in frames. Not sure about emulation or other games.

And about voltage issue you mentioned. I cannot reproduce issue you mentioned, so please write detailed issue on github issues page. Does it happen with my latest release?

WIP: I am now improving governor algorithm. improved freq scaling, which means less stutter. going to test few tricks and will include in next release

Last edited by meha,
Reactions: TeleTubby666

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: [burps]