• Start date
  • Views 153,186
  • Replies 1,572

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way to bypass the updates without GeckoOS?
frown.gif

Does the Wii brickblocker (removes the update) work with this? Say I remove the update and load the game from this new menu, will it still ask for an update?

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
Just Install Starfall!!!

this thread is getting ridiculous. could a mod try and tidy it up a bit?
Btw keep trying to get that patch into the sysmenu it will be really helpful
smile.gif

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether answering...
wow.. my finger felt on the floor..
smile.gif

I have the feeling you are fed up with some questions. I am really sorry if I am part of the people who could make you mad. it is not the point.
I am simply trying to learn... and from :

ether2802 said:
We always need cIOS36_r7 wich get installed in the place of IOS249, ok?

ok so I was not totally crazy when asking David432 to mention it...
me happy
smile.gif
smile.gif
wink.gif

but still this one is "pending"
QUOTE(ether2802 @ Jan 12 2009, 05:57 PM) IOS30 is not used by any game, but is the principal IOS in 3.2 because that one is used by the SYSTEM MENU, wich have all of the properties of our Wii's, if IOS30 is not there, SysMenu can function at all and you'll have a nice 250 usd paper weight next to your TV unable to be fixed, ok?
if SysMenu is not there, is easier to fix, but it have the properties of making your underpants kind of brownish, ok??

that is totally clear to me... and I hope to all the other who READ the whole thread.
the only question is a matter of experience.. would you advise to keep cios30 for the last as it is the most sensible (I fully understand it is not used by games, and only by SM, and that's what makes me think I should keep it for the last....) if something wrong happens with the other cios we always have access to wadmanager.
but on the other hand , correct me if I am wrong, another option is to test with cios33 as per Wiipower's advise, and then put cios30... this way we can have (with starfall) the possibility of autowadmanager....
mmm which one will I eat first ??? the meat or the meat ?? lol

don't mean to ask stupid questions.. just to open people's mind (including mine) to the different choices we have. if you feel it has nothing to do in this thread feel free to tell me, I will try to keep it to the minimum..
unfortunately I do not have enough coding knowledge to be really helpful.

you are really doing an amazing job.. and I really like what I am learning. i hope one day I can be of help...
R.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it's a great idea to let cIOS30 and the very end of the installation process, and I forgot to tell at the end of the other post: ERGO we don't need to patch SysMenu to IOS249 and install it anymore, since cIOS30 would do the same, and it is a little bit safer, still is riky to do this, but if you have installed 10 different .wads already, what can be wrong installing cIOS30.wad, right??

bozzer123

Trophies
XP
Country
I installed cIOS30 last on two wiis and it made me feel much safer because there hadnt been a single error in all of the other ios'

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether2802 said:
I think it's a great idea to let cIOS30 and the very end of the installation process, and I forgot to tell at the end of the other post: ERGO we don't need to patch SysMenu to IOS249 and install it anymore, since cIOS30 would do the same, and it is a little bit safer, still is riky to do this, but if you have installed 10 different .wads already, what can be wrong installing cIOS30.wad, right??

ether,
ok... the boss have talked.. better follow his advice
wink.gif

but once again you got me confused... duh... things seems so clear for you but trust me it is hard... and the more noobs (like me) asks you question, the less your communication is clear... lol
tongue.gif
:P:P

QUOTEERGO we don't need to patch SysMenu to IOS249 and install it anymore, since cIOS30 would do the same
I will definitely not patch SysMenu to IOS249.. you guys were clear enough that it is not needed thanks to the WAD.
"but we don't need to install IT anymore ???? "... that part confused me... we do not need to install CIOS36_rev7 as ios249 ???

just kiding
smile.gif
couldn't hold this one.......

for the ones who did not get it.. we do not need to install a patched version of SysMenu anymore (which was the previous method to be able to replace IOS30 by CIOS30 as it was locked)

one more thank for you Ether..
if you ever need a disciple.. I am free and available

R.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As per my post in the other thread, i'm gonna stop working on this since no one can respect the overall decision to wait on a tutorial until the video/out of region issue was fixed. I may decide to release what i've got as soon as i get it working with all out of region games, as right now my fix idea only works for games that were capable of being forced anyway.

jespertje

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
About the preloader 0.25, you can apply and add your own patches to the system menu with it, so if we find out how menupatcher or menurebooter patches the sysmenu to use IOS 249 and forces games to use IOS 249. We can then just install CIOS 249 and set the patch in preloader 0.25.

seb77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The CIOSPACK should install with wadinstaller, am i wrong ?

So with TP Hack + wadinstaller with all wads from the pack on the root af the sd card should do the job ?

Edit: For the region and video patch i guess i can find the solution on the wiibrew reverse engineering forum, they have a System Menu sub-forum... i'll take a look to that tonight.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jespertje said:
About the preloader 0.25, you can apply and add your own patches to the system menu with it, so if we find out how menupatcher or menurebooter patches the sysmenu to use IOS 249 and forces games to use IOS 249. We can then just install CIOS 249 and set the patch in preloader 0.25.

Forcing the use of IOS 249 is what was causing compatabiliy issues, by patching all the IOS we have eliminated the issues as games still get to use their ios and we don't need to rely on "on-the-fly" patching, which is where i think alot of game errors came from, even the 002 error is gone with this method. All games will run without problems now (excluding bad burns and out of region/video issue).

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
digitydogs said:
As per my post in the other thread, i'm gonna stop working on this since no one can respect the overall decision to wait on a tutorial until the video/out of region issue was fixed. I may decide to release what i've got as soon as i get it working with all out of region games, as right now my fix idea only works for games that were capable of being forced anyway.

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no danger in this. The only chance of danger would be from a bad wad, seeing as over 100 people have tested this without error i can say the brick chance is under 1%. that 1% being user error or stupidity. The entire homebrew scene is a brick risk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious