matrix121391

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! It's me again! The same guy who tried to pitch the Hitman (Agent 47) and Survival Project DS idea. As of right now, I thought of another idea after reading about Final Fantasy Tactics. When I was younger, there was a game my friends and I would all play called Tactics Arena Online. Basically, it's a dumbed down version of Final Fantasy Tactics. There are no changes in the terrain, just a flat out chess board. You have your mages, warriors, clerics, monsters, and what not. I was hoping that someone could remake it for the DS and include WiFi play. Maybe I should pitch the idea to the original owners of Tactics Arena, but I doubt they'd do it, so I turn to you guys. For those of you who are not familar with the game, here's the link: http://www.tacticsarena.com/play/. Give a try and tell me if it's possible to be remade/ported to the DS with it being a browser game and all.

Tapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Here's the deal.

First off - No matter how good the idea? You're going to have a terrible time finding anybody to do it.

Anybody who CAN develop for the DS, and who wants to, is already working on their own projects.

Also, you can only 'port' a piece of software if you have the original source. Which I assure you, they won't be interested in releasing.

That being said? I think it's a good idea. There's no reason the DS couldn't handle the game, the liblobby library provides support for adhoc multiplayer between two handhelds, and it's a good game.

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, Tapper is partially right. The real issue is that Seed is busy with "life" last I checked. Also, off the subject FF Tactics blows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Blame society.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Woke isn't part of society they woke up from it
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    *spends years yelling "wake up sheeple"
    *acts shocked when they actually wake up
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Make up your mind.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean the government doesn't care? :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The government
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol jedi fallen order crashed on SteamDeck through ea play guess the deck doesn't have the force
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Well it's called the "fallen" order, not the "stable" order.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The "smooth running" order.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess they weren't lying about not being compatible
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ea play is such hot garbage for making you register per console
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ea play is such hot garbage for making you register per console